Syllogistic - Arguments of Gods existence based on positive evidence
Arguments for Gods existence in in short sentences
The obviousness of Creation is hidden from those who reject God. There is no evidence that we can exist without a creator.
Since there is being, being has always been. Beginning requires a cause. Movement and change a prime mover. Contingent beings depend on a necessary cause. Creation requires a creator. Design requires a designer. Laws require a lawmaker. Mathematics requires a mathematician. Fine-tuning requires a fine-tuner, Codes require a coder. Information requires an Informer. Translation requires a translator. Life has only been observed to come from life. Logic comes from logic, Consciousness comes from consciousness, machines require a machine-maker. Factories require a factory-maker. Objective moral values come from a moral giver. The "God of the gaps" is an invalid refutation of arguments for the existence of God. And so, that there is no evidence for God(s).
To be ultimate and singular means to be the source of all possibilities. How can you establish what is possible and impossible without referencing God? If there is no God, then how can the laws of physics which are imported on the physical universe be stable, and continuous, and be secured? Atheists cannot ground fundamentally anything, that is: 1. Existence itself
2. The meaning of life 3. The value of human life 4. Moral values 5. Knowing what is objectively ( ontologically) true in regards to reality 6. Sound reasoning 7. Logic 8. Intelligibility 9. Mind and consciousness 10. Uniformity in nature.
Scientists, most of them not believing in God, had to acknowledge and admit the overwhelming evidence pointing to the overwhelming appearance of design in the natural world:
Following a list of positive evidence of God's existence, not depending on gaps or lack of knowledge.
1. Existence of the universe. The universe had a beginning, therefore a cause
2. The universe obeys the laws and rules of mathematics and physics. Its implementation depends on the action of an intelligent rational agency.
3. The physical universe and the laws of physics are interdependent and irreducible. There would not be one without the other.
4. Fine-Tuning. The fundamental physical constants, the universe, and the earth are finely tuned for life. Over 100 constants must be just right.
5. Formation of life. Life comes only from life. Abiogenesis has never been demonstrated to be possible despite over half a century of intensive scientific research.
6. Cells ARE literally factories. Biological cells ARE an industrial park of millions of interconnected complex factories, full of machines. Factories are always designed.
7. A minimal free-living Cell requires 1300 proteins with an average size of 400 amino acids. That requires to select 1 out of 10^722.000!
8. Irreducible complexity. Biological cells require a minimal number of parts, which have no use by themselves, and would never accumulate on a prebiotic earth
9. The appearance of design. The universe and biological systems appear designed. Therefore, most probably, they are designed.
10. Codified Information. DNA has the highest storage density known, and stores the blueprint of life. Blueprints can always be traced back to intelligence
11. The Fossil Record. The Fossil record, and in special the Cambrian explosion, demonstrates the sudden appearance of lifeforms, without intermediates.
12. Consciousness and language. Conscience, mental reality, language, logic, free will, moral values, are immaterial entities, and cannot emerge from physical matter.
13. Objective moral values exist. They are "ought to be"s, imprinted in our conscience.
14. Human objective logic depends and can only derive from a pre-existing necessary first mind with objective logic.
15. Theology and philosophy. Both lead to an eternal, self-existent, omnipresent transcendent, conscious, intelligent, personal and moral Creator.
16. The Bible. The Old Testament is a catalog of fulfilled prophecies of Jesus Christ, and his mission, death, and resurrection foretold with specificity.
17. Archaeology. Demonstrates that all events described in the Bible are historical facts.
18. History. Historical evidence reveals that Jesus Christ really did come to this earth, and really did physically rise from the dead
19. The Bible's witnesses. There are many testimonies of Jesus doing miracles still today, and Jesus appearing to people all over the globe, still today.
20. End times. The signs of the end times that were foretold in the Bible are occurring in front of our eyes. New world order, Israel as a nation, microchip implant, etc.
21. After-life experiences. Credible witnesses have seen the afterlife and have come back and reported to us that the afterlife is real.
10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence
A syllogism is a kind of logical argument that applies deductive reasoning to arrive at a conclusion based on two or more propositions that are asserted or assumed to be true. None of the ten arguments presented here, are based on lack of knowledge or gaps, but scientific evidence, which leads logically to a creator as the best explanation of origins.
1. Being cannot come from non-being 0:11
2. Who created the creator 0:37
3. The laws of physics point to a creator 1:33
4. Fine-tuning of the universe points to a fine-tuner 2:11
5. Abiogenesis research has failed 3:06
6. The factory maker argument 4:14
7. Cells are irreducibly complex 5:44
8. Where do complex organisms come from? 7:05
9. Gene regulatory networks (dGRN's) point to design 8:12
10. The tasks performed by the dGRN point to intelligent setup 9:24
Gravity is inferred by observing an apple falling to the floor, so the existence of a non-physical non-created creator is inferred by observing the existence of a finite universe.
Christianity is a “lack of belief” that there is no God! The claim that atheism is a lack of belief in God is just an escape from the underlying problem.
“No truth is relative” is an absolute truth claim. Actually, all truth is absolute.
I don't choose to be a theist, I just can not force my brain to accept the claim that Biological cells which are a factory park of unparalleled gigantic complexity and purposeful adaptive design of interlinked high-tech fabrics, fully automated and self-replicating, directed by genes and epigenetic languages and signaling networks, could emerge by no guiding intelligence, but random unguided lucky accidents.
The Bible presupposes God’s existence. To deny God’s existence is to deny the obvious. God made Himself known. When he says that the universe is designed, but it’s not.” the unbeliever is rejecting the obvious. To deny God’s existence means to reject that the evidence points evidently to God.
Being cannot come from non-being. Contingent existence is evidence of a necessary Creator. But not everybody ( is willing ) to see it.
Romans 1.19 - 23 What may be known about God is plain to them because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
“I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in.”
George Washington Carver
If God is not the metaphysical, supernatural, primary ultimate essential eternal necessary irreducible personal being upon which all other temporal natural things, humans with personality, consciousness, and rationality causally derive and depend, what is, and why? If there was not an eternal being, an agency with a will, that caused all physical and contingent mental conscient beings, the cosmos and/or our universe into existence, how could an alternative substance without qualia be an explanation, and on top of that, a better explanation? That, in special, in light of the fact that consciousness, an irreducible, fundamental property of mind cannot, even in principle, be reduced to known physical principles? To ascribe to the electrons in our brain the property to generate consciousness, and not to ascribe the same property to the electrons moving in a bulb, is in contradiction with quantum physics, which establishes that all electrons are equal and indistinguishable, that is they have all exactly the same properties.
We recognize that the natural processes were designed because there is purposeful use of information and matter to perform specific functions in a consistent manner under various sets of conditions.
The first 40 minutes are well worth watching.
Demonstration of the existence of God and the Christian reasons for believing
There is PLENTY of evidence of God's existence.
Does God exist?
My YouTube channel: Intelligent Design Academy
The Watchmaker argument, refuted by evolution?
The factory maker argument
Is photosynthesis irreducibly complex?
Fine-tuning of the electromagnetic forces, evidence of design?
C.S.Lewis: One absolutely central inconsistency ruins [the naturalistic worldview].... The whole picture professes to depend on inferences from observed facts. Unless inference is valid, the whole picture disappears.... nless Reason is an absolute--all is in ruins. Yet those who ask me to believe this world picture also ask me to believe that Reason is simply the unforeseen and unintended by-product of mindless matter at one stage of its endless and aimless becoming. Here is flat contradiction. They ask me at the same moment to accept a conclusion and to discredit the only testimony on which that conclusion can be based.
"Is Theology Poetry?", The Weight of Glory and Other Addresses
One of the standard answers and repertoire of atheists that try to refute theist arguments is the claim that they are based on lack of knowledge, ignorance, and gaps in our understanding of reality. Nothing could be less true. We have truly an overwhelming amount of positive scientific evidence, more than ever before. So the ignorance is, in reality, all on the side of atheists, who are too lazy and unwilling to give honest consideration to the evidence provided. There have never been fewer reasons to stick to atheism, than today.
The inference of an intelligent designer as the best explanation of
origins are not based on lack of knowledge, gaps, and ignorance, but
overwhelming, positive scientific evidence.
The universe had a beginning, therefore a cause
Physical laws had to emerge together with space and matter
The physical universe is finely tuned to host life, therefore, requires a fine tuner.
Mental reality exists. Matter cannot produce a mind.
Biological systems appear designed. Therefore, most probably, they are designed.
DNA stores the blueprint of life. Blueprints can always be traced back to intelligence.
Instructional complex information has always a mental origin
Biological systems work in an interdependent manner. Interdependence is a hallmark of design.
Biological cells require a minimal number of parts, which have no use by themselves.
Furthermore, a minimal proteome, genome, and metabolome for life to start
and are therefore irreducible, which means, they had to emerge all at once, not gradually.
Life could not emerge in a gradual manner, but only all at once
Metabolic pathways are like electronic circuits.
Conscience, free will, moral values, and logic cannot emerge from matter
Logic and language cannot emerge from non-life
Factories have never been observed to self-assemble
Biological cells are complex factories full of machines and production lines
Abiogenesis is impossible. Even the simplest cells are too complex to
emerge from unguided, random events.
The only mechanism to explain the origin of life, once design
is excluded, is self-assembly spontaneously by orderly aggregation and sequentially correct
manner without external direction. Does that make sense?
Self-replication is the epitome of manufacturing advance and achievement
There is an assignment of codons to amino acids which is arbitrary. An assignment is a mental activity.
Science-based on methodological naturalism is unable to explain the origin
of the genetic code, the genetic cipher, the genetic and epigenetic information.
Life requires hardware and software to instruct how to build biological organisms
Biological cells are made of diverse interlinked complex molecular machines,
use a complex web of interconnected cooperative cell motors
and miniaturized factories ( ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum, transcriptional
factories, membrane factories, literal production lines )
Cells use the same information to make various products ( spliceosome )
Cells use complex error check and repair mechanisms that had to be fully
setup and operational when life began
DNA is the smallest information storage system known
The gene regulatory network instructs when to express the right genes
Cells use advanced communication and signaling networks
Cell signaling depends on the right homeostatic environment inside the cell.
Calcium concentration inside the cell has to be 20,000 times lower than
that in the extracellular milieu, otherwise, no signaling, no life.
Cell membrane and membrane proteins are interdependent.
Bacterias and eukaryotic cells have different membranes and DNA replication
machinery, which falsifies the claim of common ancestry
the Cambrian explosion falsifies gradual evolution
Epigenetic information falsifies the claim of natural selection as
exclusive mechanism of biological variation, speciation,
complexity, form, and biodiversity
What might be a Cell’s minimal requirement of parts?
Proteins are the result of the DNA blueprint, which specifies the complex sequence necessary to produce functional 3D folds of proteins. Both improbability and specification are required in order to justify an inference of design.
1. According to the latest estimation of a minimal protein set for the first living organism, the requirement would be about 560 proteins, this would be the absolute minimum to keep the basic functions of a cell alive.
2. According to the Protein-length distributions for the three domains of life, there is an average between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells of about 400 amino acids per protein. 8
3. Each of the 400 positions in the amino acid polypeptide chains could be occupied by anyone of the 20 amino acids used in cells, so if we suppose that proteins emerged randomly on prebiotic earth, then the total possible arrangements or odds to get one which would fold into a functional 3D protein would be 1 to 20^400 or 1 to 10^520. A truly enormous, super astronomical number.
4. Since we need 560 proteins total to make a first living cell, we would have to repeat the shuffle 560 times, to get all proteins required for life. The probability would be therefore 560/10^520. We arrive at a probability far beyond of 1 in 10^200.000 ( A proteome set with 239 proteins yields odds of approximately 1/10^119.614 ) 7
Granted, the calculation does not take into consideration nor give information on the probabilistic resources available. But the sheer gigantic number os possibilities throw any reasonable possibility out of the window.
If we sum up the total number of amino acids for a minimal Cell, there would have to be 560 proteins x 400 amino acids = 224.000 amino acids, which would have to be bonded in the right sequence, choosing for each position amongst 20 different amino acids, and selecting only the left-handed, while sorting out the right-handed ones. That means each position would have to be selected correctly from 40 variants !! that is 1 right selection out of 40^224.000 possibilities !! Obviously, a gigantic number far above any realistic probability to occur by unguided events. Even a trillion universes, each hosting a trillion planets, and each shuffling a trillion times in a trillionth of a second, continuously for a trillion years, would not be enough. Such astronomically unimaginably gigantic odds are in the realm of the utmost extremely impossible.
Biological Cells are equal to a complex of millions of interlinked factories
1. Blueprints and buildings made upon its instructions are always sourced back to an intelligent cause.
2. The instructional information stored in DNA directs the making of biological cells and organisms.
3. DNA, biological Cells and organisms are therefore most probably the result of intelligent design.
1. Intelligent minds make factory plants full of machines with specific functions, set up for specific purposes. Each fabric can be full of robotic production lines where the product of one factory is handed over to the next for further processing until the end product is made. Each of the intermediate steps is essential. If any is mal or non-functioning, like energy supply, or supply of the raw materials, the factory as a whole ceases its production.
2. Biological cells are a factory complex of interlinked high-tech fabrics, fully automated and self-replicating, hosting up to over 2 billion molecular fabrics like Ribosomes & chemical production lines, full of proteins that act like robots, each with a specific task, function or goal, and completing each other, the whole system has the purpose to survive and perpetuate life. At least 560 proteins and a fully setup metabolome and genome is required, and they are interdependent. If even one of these proteins were missing, life could not kick-start. For example, without helicase, DNA replication would not be possible, and life could not perpetuate. The probability, that such complex nano-factory plant could have emerged by unguided chemical reactions, no matter in what primordial environment, is beyond the chance of one to 10^200.000. The universe hosts about 10^80 atoms.
3. Biological Cells are of unparalleled gigantic complexity and purposeful adaptive design, vastly more complex and sophisticated than any man-made factory plant. Self-replicating cells demonstrate, therefore extremely strong indicators that the deliberate action of a conscious intelligent designer was involved in creating living cells.
Factories, full of machines and production lines and computers, originate from intelligent minds. No exception.
Biological cells are factories.
Factory is from Latin, and means fabricare, or make. Produce, manufacture. And that's PRECISELY what cells do. They produce other cells through self-replication, through complex machine processing, computing etc.
Therefore, they had a mind as a causal agency.
The claim is falsified, once someone can demonstrate a factory that can self-assemble, without the requirement of intelligence.
The Cell is a Factory
There are millions of protein factories in every cell. Surprise, they’re not all the same
Cells are very similar to factories. To stay alive and function properly, cells have a division of labor similar to that found in factories.
Comparing a Cell to a Factory: Answer Key
Science NetLinks is a project of the Directorate for Education and Human Resources Programs of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Rough ER is also a membrane factory for the cell; it grows in place by adding membrane proteins and phospholipids to its own membrane.
What comes first, mind or matter?
Laws of Physics, where did they come from?
The universe most probably had a beginning
Fine-tuning of the universe
Origin of stars and planets
Origin of life
Abiogenesis is impossible
Biodiversity & Evolution
Principal Meanings of Evolution in Biology Textbooks
Primary, and secondary speciation
Is there evidence for natural selection?
Eukaryotes evolved from Prokaryotes. Really ?
On the Origin of Mitochondria: Reasons for Skepticism on the Endosymbiotic Story
Unicellular and multicellular Organisms are best explained through design
"Tetrapods evolved" . Really ?
What are the mechanisms that drive adaptation to the environment, microevolution, and secondary speciation?
Macroevolution. Fact, or fantasy?
Where Do Complex Organisms Come From?
The tree of life, common descent, common ancestry, a failed hypothesis
Evidence of Noah's flood
A cumulative case for the God of the bible
1) Conservation of Energy.
Textbooks say "Energy can be neither created nor destroyed". Correct would be: "Energy cannot be created or destroyed by any Physical Entity". If Energy cannot be created at all, the physical universe could NOT have been created in the first place. The Cause of the Universe has to be a non-physical entity (not matter energy space-time) that has the ability to create energy (to create the universe).
Like a Clock that is wound-up. And then it winds down. Similarly, the universe was created with a certain amount of starting energy ( The universe is a closed system ). That energy is constant. However, over time, more of that energy becomes non-usable. Entropy increases until one day the universe will have completely wound down. So, this points to some entity that wound up the universe in the first place.
3) The Big Bang (BB)
The science indicates that all matter-energy, space and time came into being at the BB. Before this there was no matter-energy, space, time. So the cause of the BB has to be Supernatural (since by definition everything that is nature or natural is composed of matter-energy, space and time).
5 Easy Steps to refute naturalism
Either the cosmos
(1) had no beginning, or
(2) it had a beginning.
(1) If the cosmos had no beginning, then there must be an infinite series of past events. However, it is impossible to traverse an actual infinite. Therefore, the universe cannot be infinitely old. Besides that, If the cosmos was infinitely old, it would have reached maximum entropy a long, long, time ago. Since it has not reached maximum entropy, it cannot be infinitely old without violating the second law of thermodynamics.
(2) If the cosmos had a beginning, then it must have come from (A) nothing or (B) something.
2.A. Although physicists such as Krauss and Hawking talk about "the universe creating itself from nothing," they are using the word "nothing" to mean the vacuum energy, which is not a true nothing. To be more precise, being cannot emerge from non-being.
2.B. If the entire cosmos came from something, that thing must transcend our cosmos, that is, it must exist beyond the limits of our space/time continuum. We may call it the First Cause.
P1) If we exist in the present moment time had a beginning (an infinite amount of time cannot be traversed, if there is no first moment the process of traversing moments cannot begin, the present moment could never arrive)
P2) If time began to exist, space, matter/energy also began to exist simultaneously since they are co-relational. (General Theory of Relativity)
P3) If time, space, matter/energy began to exist they (the natural order) require a sufficient cause. (Principle of Causality - First Principles of Logic)
P4) The natural order (time, space, matter/energy) cannot have caused itself to begin to exist.
P5) The universe began, is using its available energy, and will eventually reach a state of the total entropy.
2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
P6) A non-naturalistic cause for the only universe of which we have empirical knowledge is an unavoidable consequence of P2, P3, P4,P5)
C1) A logically necessary First Cause exists which is timeless, non-spatial, immaterial, and sufficient to the existence of the physical universe.
(from P2, P3, P4, P5)
C2) A causal agency which possesses the traditional attributes of God may be reasonably assumed to be God.
(from P2,P3, P4, P5)
This is why I think the Big Bang is in perfect accord with what we would logically expect.
Is attributing eternity to God special pleading?
Fine-tuning of the universe
1. If our universe is random, then it is very unlikely that it permits life.
2. Our universe permits life.
3. Therefore, the existence of our universe is very likely due to something other than chance.
“The really amazing thing is not that life on Earth is balanced on a knife-edge, but that the entire universe is balanced on a knife-edge, and would be total chaos if any of the natural ‘constants’ were off even slightly. You see,” Davies adds, “even if you dismiss the an as a chance happening, the fact remains that the universe seems unreasonably suited to the existence of life — almost contrived — you might say a ‘put-up job’.”
Dr. Paul Davies, noted author and professor of theoretical physics at Adelaide University
Abiogenesis is impossible
The Logic of Chance: The Nature and Origin of Biological Evolution, Eugene V. Koonin, page 351:
The origin of life is the most difficult problem that faces evolutionary biology and, arguably, biology in general. Indeed, the problem is so hard and the current state of the art seems so frustrating that some researchers prefer to dismiss the entire issue as being outside the scientific domain altogether, on the grounds that unique events are not conducive to scientific study.
Would you say that it is plausible that a tornado over a junkyard could produce a self-replicating machine, like John von Neumann's Universal Constructor ?
Would you say that it is plausible that mindless random chance can write a book?
Last edited by Otangelo on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:34 pm; edited 222 times in total