Defending the Christian Worlview, Creationism, and Intelligent Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Defending the Christian Worlview, Creationism, and Intelligent Design

This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, and biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defending the Christian Worlview, Creationism, and Intelligent Design » Bible / Christian faith / Apologetics » How you can get Saved!

How you can get Saved!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How you can get Saved! Empty How you can get Saved! Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Otangelo

Admin
How you can get Saved!

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2501-how-you-can-get-saved

http://jesus-themessiah.com/getting-saved/

A mind, and a heart, that is touched by the experience of knowing God by the message of the gospel, Christs sacrifice, proof of the unfathomable love of our heavenly father, and HIS amazing grace, is born again, can not and will never get back to its old dimensions.

God loves you, and wants to know you and reveal Himself to you. Nothing is more thrilling. But you have to come to Him by faith, Humbly, believe in Him, repent and put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save you because you can't save yourself.

The recognition of the seriousness which God sees the matter of sin, the due penalties for that sin, and the meritless favor He extends to those who accept His provision for our failings all should magnify our appreciation of who He is, and how essential it is that we approach Him ENTIRELY on His terms, not ours.

Hell is a real place of eternal torment, but God himself came in the person of his son to die for the sins of those who will believe in him and paid our debt with his blood for our sins, and arose from the dead for our justification and to set us free from the power and bondage of sin and death. Whether you realise it or not, as an atheist, you are a slave to the sinful nature that we all inherited from Adam and Eve and their sinful rebellion against their creator. We are no better. Because of our sins, the wages of sin is death. And now this is where John 3:16 comes in. The fact that we are all deserving of Hell, including me and every human being on Earth, and the fact that we cannot save ourselves, while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ died for the sins of the ungodly to that by faith in the power of his redeeming blood that was shed for our sins to pay the debt that we could NEVER pay, God himself, loved us so much, that he took on human form and became as one of us, and died our death, that we might live.

Do you know what kept Jesus Christ upon that cross ? It was not the nails, it was HIS love for us. Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness. But God became a man and shed his own blood and died a criminals death so that all who will believe in him will be redeemed. And because of his resurrection from the dead, we can be justified and set free and become a new man through faith alone in Jesus Christ and what he did for us. We can do NOTHING to save ourselves. Our righteousness is as filthy rags before almighty God. But through faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ, who is the son of God and is God himself in human flesh, and in his death on the cross and his redeeming blood, and in the power of his resurrection from the dead, you will be saved. All you need to do is believe the gospel, that's all it takes. Just believe it. It is not blind faith. Jesus Christ calls everyone everywhere to repentance, which means to change your mind, and follow him. And I lovingly suggest that you believe this message. Anyone who rejects Jesus Christ stands condemned, because they have rejected the only one who can save them from their sins. I will leave you with this and give it some honest thought.

We *deserve* no mercy or grace. None of us, including you. We have all violated God's character.
God is truth. When we lie, we violate His character.
God is life...the source of all life. When we are angry with someone, according to the Lord Jesus Christ, it is murder of the heart...so we give God a slap in the face.
God is faithful...so when we lust after someone, not our heterosexual spouse, we commit adultery of the heart...and blaspheme the character of God by our rebellion against His nature by being unfaithful.
God created us to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever. So he created us in His image (meaning, with a mind, emotions and a will).
As sinners, we all deserve Hell. Yet the very breath in your lungs, the water you drink and the food you eat is all a manifestation of God's mercy, *in spite of* your rebellion...and the same is true for me and everyone else.
God's kindness in providing for you *in spite of* your rebellion should lead you to repentance (Romans 2:4).
Jesus Christ willingly suffered the wrath of God the Father, laying His life down for His sheep.
He now calls all men everywhere to repentance. Including you.
May God grant you a heart that sees this fact.

BOUGHT, PURCHASED, RANSOMED & REDEEMED
For you were BOUGHT at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6:20
Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He PURCHASED with His own blood.
Acts 20:28
"...just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a RANSOM for many."
Matthew 20:28
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a RANSOM for all, to be testified in due time,
1 Timothy 2:5-6
knowing that you were not REDEEMED with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
1 Peter 1:18-19
These are all terms used to describe a financial transaction.
When you complete a transaction at the store the cashier gives you a piece of paper that describes the details of the price paid
It's called a 'receipt'.

How you can get Saved! 710daf10

Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one gets to the Father but through Me.”  No other has made such claims, not even the well known religious leaders such as Confucius, Buddha or Mohammed. Jesus is the only option through which one might receive forgiveness and eternal life. Jesus alone is our ticket to Heaven. Some call this narrow-mindedness, but who’d buy a ticket to Tokyo and then argue later if the plane indeed goes to Tokyo and not Beijing? Do we see a psychiatrist when we have a toothache?  So with something as important as our eternal destiny, why be casual? How can all ways be true ways, when Jesus said no one gets ’s to the Father but through Him? Someone or someones must by lying. Too many say Jesus was just a mere prophet when Jesus Himself accepted worship while He was on earth. Jesus was either a blasphemer or He was and still is God! There is no a “good prophet but not God” option.

Are you saved? Have you settled your eternal destiny? If not, consider reading on below. If God is tugging at your heart today, do not harden your heart, respond to His call. You don’t need to have all the answers to make the decision. God requires faith, have faith and I assure you, once you enter into a relationship with Him, He will share much of Himself with you. I mean, do you often go about telling strangers extra personal things about yourself? See, well in the same way, don’t expect to know everything before you make the decision to surrender. God wants fellowship, intimate fellowship with His creation. As we fellowship with Him, He will grow us in knowledge of Him. That is a privilege, He is not obligated to tell us anything about Himself, He is God and can do as He sees fit. But because of His loving nature, He wants to have a relationship with His creation. We cannot know everything about God, He is eternal and eternally good at that. What’s so eternally good about Him? Again, consider entering into a relationship with Him and find out all He wants you to know.

God Loves Me
You are God’s creation. You were created because God loves you. He doesn’t just love you, with an ordinary love, but with a love that will last forever. Love is not just something that God does, it’s what He is. He defines the true meaning of love: God IS love (1 John 4:8 ). He knows your name, He knows everything there is to know about you, your likes and dislikes, your strengths and weaknesses. God has a plan for your life. He loves you so much that “neither death nor life…nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God.” Romans 8:38-39 Do you believe that there is a God who loves you? Do you believe that He has a wonderful plan for your life? God desires us to draw near to Him and experience His amazing love and a life full of joy. However, He does not force mankind to follow His plan like robots. He created us to have the free will to choose whether to accept or reject His love and His guidance for our lives.

Do you wonder how there can be a loving God when the world is full of evil and suffering? Read on…

I Have Sinned
As we read earlier, God created us to have the choice to accept or reject His guidance. Much of the sadness of the world is due to mankind’s wrong decisions and rejection of God’s love, which is called sin. The Bible teaches that evil, pain and death entered the world because of a wrong choice, the disobedience of the first man, Adam. The Bible says, “sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way, death came to all men…” Romans 5:12 Every person has sinned. Romans 3:23 says “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” By sinning, we have chosen to live life our own way, rather than God’s way. God sometimes feels so distant because of the sin that separates us, and we fail to meet the perfect standard of God’s goodness. Even more serious is the punishment for our sin, which is eternal death, eternal separation from God. Even though we will each experience a physical death when our lives on earth come to an end, we all deserve to face a spiritual death, an eternal separation from God, what the Bible calls Hell. Hell is a real place that those who have rejected God go to for all eternity.

No matter how hard we try, we have all failed and turned away from God. Is there anything that can be done about this sin problem?

Jesus Died for Me
Eternal separation from God is not His desired plan for us. As we read earlier, God loves us. From this love, He provided a solution to our sin problem by allowing His Son, Jesus Christ, to be punished in our place. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) 

How you can get Saved! John_310

How you can get Saved! Romans10

Jesus Christ is fully God in the form of a man. While Jesus lived on earth, He loved and healed people, and lived a completely sinless life. He was falsely accused and crucified on a cross.

He did all of this willingly because He wants to save us from judgment we deserve. When He suffered and died on the cross, He took all of our sin and the sin of the world upon Himself. He experienced spiritual death as well as physical death. He paid the price for all of our sins and victoriously rose from the dead three days later. He is alive today and waits for us if we choose to accept Him into our lives. God sent Jesus into the world to save it, to offer forgiveness of sin, peace, healing, joy and everlasting life.

God loves me, I have sinned, but Jesus died to save me…so what now?

I Need to Decide
God has done His part. Jesus gave His own life and received the punishment for OUR sins. We don’t deserve His gifts of forgiveness and promise of eternal life. If you believe that He exists, that He loves you and that He died for you, then you can start a relationship with God right now. The separation between you and God can be removed.

God created you with free will, and the choice is yours. You can surrender your life to God, the Creator of the universe who only wants the best for you, or you can walk away and face the inevitable consequences, paying for your sins eternally in Hell.

Salvation is a free gift from God, you cannot redeem your bad doings, your sin, by adding your good works, like giving to the poor. Many have a warped idea and hope to get a ticket to Heaven by trying to get their good to outweigh their bad. Remember the penalty of sin is death. Someone has to die for sin to be paid, there’s no other way. Jesus paid the price. He gives us eternal life if we acknowledge what He did and who He is.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God..” (Ephesians 2:8 )

How you can get Saved! Ephese10

If you are ready to make the decision to accept His gift of salvation and allow God to be the Lord of your life, you can simply ask Him by praying in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ.

But wait what does it mean to be ready?

I Am Ready
Our heart is ready when we are genuinely aware of our sin and need for a perfect Saviour, who is only Jesus Christ. A genuine confession of sin is called repentance. Repentance includes the change of mind and purpose. There must be a true sense guilt and sinfulness and an awakened hatred for sin. Our purpose must be now God-ward with a persistent endeavour after a holy life in a walking with Jesus in the way of His commandments.

Now that you may be ready, and we hope you are, speak to the Holy God who loves you. Confess your sin, your need for a Saviour and accept Jesus to be the Lord of your life. Your prayer does not need any fancy words, just a sincere heart.

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” AND believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9 )

How you can get Saved! Romans11

Your prayer, along with a sincere heart may sound like:

God, I know that I have sinned against You and against others. I am truly sorry and now I want to turn away from my sinful past and live a life that pleases You. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, paid the price for my sins on the cross, and I believe that He conquered death when He rose from the dead. I receive Jesus as my Saviour and Lord. Please forgive me and help me now through Your Holy Spirit as I decide to live only for You for all eternity. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

Is that all? Can I now go my merry own way?

My Daily Journey
You are now saved if you sincerely said that prayer and the Devil is not happy! You’re  now a target because you no longer want to live in his wicked ways!! Now that you are saved, it is important that you tell someone close to you about your decision. You will need to communicate with God daily through prayer and allow Him to guide you in your decision making. Reading the Bible is important, you cannot make it without the Word of God. The Devil knows the Word and many times he twists the Word and uses it against his targets. When we are ignorant of Scriptures, we don’t know how to defend ourselves against the enemy’s tactics.

Christianity is not about any single human being, it is about Christ, who is the Lord and about His church, the body of all believers or Christians. So sharing and communicating with other believers is also important. Again I say it is important to pray and read the Bible daily, do not depend on others to preach the Word of God to you. As a new creation in Christ, you have the seal of the Holy Spirit living in you. The Holy Spirit speaks to us through the Word of God, we cannot recognize His voice if we do not know what He says in the Bible. So read it, meditate on it and live it!

Finally, Jesus commands that we be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This is a public confirmation of our faith in His Death, Burial and Resurrection.

Jesus said: “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.” (Luke 9:26 )

One more thing, as long as we are on earth, we are to share Christ with others. We are to tell others about His way of salvation. We are to do all of this in peace and love because the way of Jesus is peace and is love.

Jesus said: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19)

and…

“By this all men will know that you are My disciples (followers or Christians), if you love one another.” (John 13:35)

and…

“If you love Me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15) Bearing fruit in keeping with our repentance is a daily thing. We are still in this earthly body, so we will have much struggle to do the right thing by God’s standards but by His grace we are able. People should see a difference in our attitude and in our actions. When we fall short of His glory, remorse should follow, because we should no longer have that desire to live in sin, which is in direct opposition to God and all He stands for. Jesus foretold us that we’d have much struggle in this world but has promised that it (tears, struggles [Revelation 21]) will all come to an end one day, and we will meet Him in glory, for He is our exceedingly great reward. (Genesis 15:1) So press on, and pray on, for God is your shield!

Go now in peace, to love and serve the Almighty God!

David Cole:

The gospel plan of salvation has five steps. Becoming a Christian is by choice, God does not force anyone to believe, rather he persuades them to believe. (John 3:36). The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Hear the Gospel. (Romans 10:17, Matthew 17:5)
Step 2: Believe.  Putting one’s trust in and having faith in Christ. (John 3:16, 36, 20:30-31, Romans 5:1-2)
Step 3: Repent of one's sins. (Acts 2:38, 17:30, 2 Peter 3:9) Notice that this step requires one to acknowledge sin and its penalty. (Romans 3:23, 6:23)
Step 4: Confess Jesus as the Christ. (Matthew 10:32-33, Romans 10:9-10)
Step 5: Water Baptism. In baptism we follow Jesus' example. (Matthew 3:13-16) We obey the great commission. (Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16) Through baptism we receive forgiveness of sins. (Acts 2:38, 22:16) We are clothed in Christ. (Galatians 3:27) In baptism we become members of Christ's body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12-23) We participate in Christ's death and resurrection (Romans 6:3-5, Colossians 2:12, 3:1) We pledge our devotion and lives to God. (1 Peter 3:21) In baptism we come into contact with the saving blood of Christ. (Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:16-22 with 10:22) And finally we participate in the new birth through baptism. (John 3:3-5)
People who became Christians in the Bible were all water baptized. Pentecost (Acts 2:14-41), The Ethiopian (Acts 8:26-40), Saul (Acts 9:1-19), Lydia (Acts 16:11-15), The Philippian Jailer (Acts 16:16-34).
Some appeal to Acts 10 as a case where water baptism was preceded by the baptism of the Holy Spirit to assert that the house of Cornelius was saved prior to being water baptized, but that was not the case. In Acts 10, Cornelius was not saved until he entered into the New Covenant relationship with God. Water baptism is the initiation ceremony into that covenant relationship similar to a wedding ceremony for a marriage covenant. Can two people be married if they haven't had some kind of marriage ceremony? Not legally. They are just shacking up.
Just because one received the Holy Spirit does not mean they were saved. King Saul in the Old Testament received the Holy Spirit and prophesied but he wasn't saved. There is also a case of a donkey receiving the Holy Spirit and speaking in audible language but it is hard to imagine it being saved either.
The Holy Spirit fell on the house of Cornelius not to save them, but to show Peter that the Gentiles were now "chosen" by God to be saved through the gospel just as the Jew were. If baptism was not necessary for their salvation then why did Peter, after preaching to them, command them to be water baptized? Acts 10 cannot be used to defend salvation without baptism. All believers in Cornelius household were water BAPTIZED. That's when they signed the New Covenant with God and came in contact with the saving blood of Jesus Christ. The water in baptism was symbolic of Jesus blood which covered them and washed their sins away.

A second objection that is often offered is the thief on the cross.  Jesus said he would be with him in paradise.  It is important to understand that the thief was a Jew under the Old Covenant prior to the initiation of the New Covenant at Pentecost.  Baptism into Christ had not yet begun.  Had the thief been in Jerusalem on Pentecost he undoubtedly would have obeyed Peter’s command to be baptized for the forgiveness of sins.  As it was, he died in the age preceding the New Covenant age and was judged by his faith within the covenant he died in just as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were.  The faithful of the covenants preceding the New Covenant were judged on their faith and obedience to the commands of God within their respective covenants.  Those of us in the New Covenant age are responsible to have faith and obedience to the gospel which included baptism.
Another objection people make involves Mark 16:16. Jesus having left out "is not baptized" in the negative of his statement on the salvation of those who believe and are baptized, does not disqualify baptism as a necessary part of the salvation process. If someone does not believe he is not going to be baptized. It needn't be explicitly stated. It is understood.
Let’s say someone says, "He who comes forward and signs the contract shall be a business partner; but he who does not come forward will not receive partner benefits." Does that mean that one can still be a business partner without signing the contract? Does one enter the contract just by "coming forward"? So faith without obedience to the Lord’s command to be baptized does not bind the New Covenant.
Let's get serious! Even the demons believe but they are not saved. What then separates the "saved" from the unsaved? It is those who have signed the covenant with God in the prescribed gospel manner, through hearing the gospel, faith, repentance, confession and water baptism. Why toy with your own or somebody else's salvation? There was no such thing as an unbaptized Christian in the New Testament.

Satan the deceiver
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2302-satan-the-deceiver#4727

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:59 pm; edited 5 times in total

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

2How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Otangelo

Admin
Wishing to live independently of God only happens when you don't know Gods goodness, and think that it is worth to live as if there is no God. Sooner or later, you will discover that a life without God is empty, meaningless, and that you are just a slave of your own desires. That road leads naturally to darkness, rather than to light. There is NOTHING better than to live with God, and seek him.

Someone that rejects God is enslaved to his own desires, and sin, while someone that is freed always seeks God because that person truly knows that this is the only worthwhile path.  Therefore, whenever God frees someone’s will, they start being in harmony with Him—the eternally and infinitely Free Will.

Desiring independence from God only occurs when someone mistakenly thinks that there’s something worthwhile outside of God. When someone discovers there actually isn’t anything worthwhile apart from God, to continue on that path would then be irrational, especially as the further they went from the Light, the darker it became.

Does God force us to worship him by threatening us with hell? In reality, the choice is between choosing to do good by loving God and following him, or choosing to reject God and do evil. You are rewarded for repenting, receiving Christ through faith, and as consequence, doing good, and on the other hand be punished for disbelieving and living a sinful, godless life, but this is not coercion. You are punished with a fine if you trespass a red light, or you go to prison if you commit a crime, yet you would certainly not say that you are coerced and forced to obey the law; in fact, many choose to commit crimes, even when there is a great chance they'll be caught. In many other situations, people choose to receive immediate gratification despite knowing there will be negative consequences later. In each case, there is a clear choice: self-gratification now and eventually bad consequences, or doing what is right now and reward later.

Hell awaits all unrepentant sinners. If you die today, where will you spend eternity? In heaven with God, or in hell, separated from him for all eternity? Do a reality check. Have you ever recognized that you are a sinner and that you need salvation and forgiveness of your sins by God?  Repent before its too late. Let me pray for you:

Lord Jesus, i have been contacted here on messenger by someone that has bad and evil intentions. Someone that you clearly told that people that do this kind of things will not inherit the kingdom of God, but will spend eternity in hell. Father, I pray in Jesus name, open the eyes of this person. Demonstrate to him/her that you love him/her and that you gave your precious blood on the cross and suffered on his/her behalf, and also for his soul. Touch him/her through your holy spirit, and bring him/her to repentance that (s)he might ask you for forgiveness for his sins, repent, and begin a new life, following you, the true and only holy God, creator of the heavens and the earth, and savior of all that come with a humble heart to you and ask you to begin a new life. So i pray in Jesus name, amen.

How you can get Saved!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

3How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 am

Otangelo

Admin
How you can get Saved!

http://jesus-themessiah.com/getting-saved/

God loves you, and wants to know you and reveal Himself to you. Nothing is more thrilling. But you have to come to Him by faith, Humbly, believe in Him, repent and put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ to save you because you can't save yourself.

The recognition of the seriousness which God sees the matter of sin, the due penalties for that sin, and the meritless favor He extends to those who accept His provision for our failings all should magnify our appreciation of who He is, and how essential it is that we approach Him ENTIRELY on His terms, not ours.

Hell is a real place of eternal torment, but God himself came in the person of his son to die for the sins of those who will believe in him and paid our debt with his blood for our sins, and arose from the dead for our justification and to set us free from the power and bondage of sin and death. Whether you realise it or not, as an atheist, you are a slave to the sinful nature that we all inherited from Adam and Eve and their sinful rebellion against their creator. We are no better. Because of our sins, the wages of sin is death. And now this is where John 3:16 comes in. The fact that we are all deserving of Hell, including me and every human being on Earth, and the fact that we cannot save ourselves, while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ died for the sins of the ungodly to that by faith in the power of his redeeming blood that was shed for our sins to pay the debt that we could NEVER pay, God himself, loved us so much, that he took on human form and became as one of us, and died our death, that we might live.

Do you know what kept Jesus Christ upon that cross ? It was not the nails, it was HIS love for us. Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness. But God became a man and shed his own blood and died a criminals death so that all who will believe in him will be redeemed. And because of his resurrection from the dead, we can be justified and set free and become a new man through faith alone in Jesus Christ and what he did for us. We can do NOTHING to save ourselves. Our righteousness is as filthy rags before almighty God. But through faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ, who is the son of God and is God himself in human flesh, and in his death on the cross and his redeeming blood, and in the power of his resurrection from the dead, you will be saved. All you need to do is believe the gospel, that's all it takes. Just believe it. It is not a blind faith, Allen. Jesus Christ calls everyone everywhere to repentance, which means to change your mind, and follow him. And I lovingly suggest that you believe this message. Anyone who rejects Jesus Christ stands condemned, because they have rejected the only one who can save them from their sins. I will leave you with this and give it some honest thought.

We *deserve* no mercy or grace. None of us, including you. We have all violated God's character.
God is truth. When we lie, we violate His character.
God is life...the source of all life. When we are angry with someone, according to the Lord Jesus Christ, it is murder of the heart...so we give God a slap in the face.
God is faithful...so when we lust after someone, not our heterosexual spouse, we commit adultery of the heart...and blaspheme the character of God by our rebellion against His nature by being unfaithful.
God created us to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever. So he created us in His image (meaning, with a mind, emotions and a will).
As sinners, we all deserve Hell. Yet the very breath in your lungs, the water you drink and the food you eat is all a manifestation of God's mercy, *in spite of* your rebellion...and the same is true for me and everyone else.
God's kindness in providing for you *in spite of* your rebellion should lead you to repentance (Romans 2:4).
Jesus Christ willingly suffered the wrath of God the Father, laying His life down for His sheep.
He now calls all men everywhere to repentance. Including you.
May God grant you a heart that sees this fact.

4How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:14 am

Otangelo

Admin
Creation and Evolution - why it matters?

The advance of molecular biology in the last two decades has permitted to get powerful and thought-provoking insights about our origins, now we can consider how complex life really is. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to convince educated people that believe in evolution - a universe that created all of this incredible beauty (ie sunsets, flowers) and complex life forms (ie butterflies, lions) could only emerge though an intelligent being(s) behind it.
But why does this debate really matter? Is it any more important than a debate over sports or even politics?
IT DEPENDS! If the materialists are right, then debates among humans are virtually meaningless as we’ll all die somehow and, if this life is all we have, then 100 years from now, we’ll just be non-existent anyway.

But if there truly is a God and if Jesus Christ who lived 2000 years ago is God in human form, then our thoughts about a creator-less universe have eternal consequences.
No one seems to question if Jesus lived - in fact, our world calendar system is based on his life - but the question is who was he and why does HE matter?
I’ve seen God do unexplainable things throughout my life. But most of all, God/Jesus has shown me that He loves me in spite of my major short-comings. And He also loves each of us (including you) more than any of us can imagine.

He wants us to have a close friendship with Him and He wants us to love others - ALL others. He also made us for eternity - once we are conceived, our lives go on forever, even after our physical bodies die.

But if we die as adults and haven’t given our hearts to Him during our lifetime, then He will let us spend eternity away from Him. And eternity apart from God is described as being far worse than anything we can imagine.

As governments in recent centuries have tried to control people with the notion of a creator-less world, it’s shocking that free and educated people now choose to buy into such an impossibility. And they try to teach it to our children as an indisputable fact.

So if God wants more than anything for us to accept His wonderful love and to share that love with others, we can’t do that if we deny that He even exists.
If you’re looking for real hope and real answers. Please don’t let another day go by without giving God a chance.

So how can your life and eternity be transformed? Check out this amazing video from

Billy Graham.

https://youtu.be/qsBbnkUnqgw

5How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Otangelo

Admin
How much is Gods love worth ?

If you were to receive a gift of 100kg of pure Gold, and you would not recognize its value because you did not investigate in a serious manner if the gift was real Gold, and dismiss it because of your lazyness, faulty and lacking investigation, anyone would call you a fool, and rightly so.

The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl
44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

The kingdom of heaven, and the worth of God is immensurable more valuable than Gold. It cannot be quantified in numbers. The most precious love has a price-tag on it, it can be quantified. To God, it did cost him his beloved son to become man, one of us, deprive himself from his glory in heaven, suffer, be humiliated like the worst criminal, and crucified, exposed like someone of no value, and being killed. He carried our sins to free us from the penalty of sin.

How much is this kind of love worth to you? How much is the one worth to you, which demonstrated this kind of love for YOU? Taking your sins on his shoulders, carrying them to the cross, and paying the penalty of your sins? You are that much worth to God. He has made the first step towards us, becoming man and demonstrating his love for us.

Now we can recognize HIS love being worth more than anything else that we can find on earth, or we can treat this kind of love exposed towards us with negligence, and claiming that the gospels are a fairy tale and not credible.

Each one of us is responsible to answer to the messange of the gospel. If true, our response has eternal consequences. Thats very serious.....

BOUGHT, PURCHASED, RANSOMED & REDEEMED
For you were BOUGHT at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6:20
Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He PURCHASED with His own blood.
Acts 20:28
"...just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a RANSOM for many."
Matthew 20:28
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a RANSOM for all, to be testified in due time,
1 Timothy 2:5-6
knowing that you were not REDEEMED with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
1 Peter 1:18-19
These are all terms used to describe a financial transaction.
When you complete a transaction at the store the cashier gives you a piece of paper that describes the details of the price paid
It's called a 'receipt'.

What is your response ?

6How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:47 am

Otangelo

Admin
How you can get Saved! 11966810

God above else is Holy. In my optical experience to conduct a large amount of energy, the glass in the fiberoptics needs to be very pure. Even a tiny amount of impurity will destroy the fiber. Just forgiveness will not clean us up from impurities. And God's Holiness will destroy us. That is why redemption, being born again, purification through substitutional shedding the Blood of Jesus Christ are the part of God's forgiveness. It is the whole process.

Imagine someone blindfolded, boxing someone, who is not blindfolded. Atheists are blind to the true God, so they just keep punching and punching. Then sometimes God takes the blindfold off, and they fall at His feet weeping at how foolish they have been, to hit someone who loves them eternally.

He did do it for His own glory. He did it to be just. God can’t let sin be just verbally forgiven. God must satisfy Himself. Only the death of His Son could satisfy God’s holiness and justice. It’s all about God.

Why send criminals to prison...why not just forgive them?

See, Satan deceives people and then runs to God to force him to judge them. God is loving, so he doesn't want to judge, but forgive, but he's also just, so he has to punish somebody. If you don't want judgment on your loved ones, you have to find a substitute. He, therefore, came into his own creation and took the punishment onto himself. If you don't understand that there're angels to which God has to prove that he can be just and loving at the same time, you won't ever get why Jesus's death was so important. Dawkins just doesn't get it.

Of course, he could just forgive sins which means no one would have remorse or learn anything from wrongdoings.

Forgetting of course that there is a devil in the details and when Adam sinned mankind was transferred under his kingdom in a legal binding act and all humanity inherits the sin nature under the kingdom of satan.
Jesus Christ is called the second Adam and was literally the second Adam and had to be a man to take on the totality of humanity's plight, just as Adam was Jesus became, taking on flesh to stand in man's place and through him and him alone we are transferred from one kingdom to God's kingdom.

In all points of the fall, Jesus is tempted first with food as Adam was, then throwing himself down to be rescued -which is literally pertaining to the fall of Adam,
Then the grand temptation- here you go- take it all, you can have everything, in this kingdom, just bow down and worship me.-

That is what this is all about, this is what started it all, an angel so in love with himself, he demands God bow to him which occurred in heaven under the angelic rebellion. People forget this war between good and evil began before man was created and put in the garden. God does things in a legal and binding way because there is more to this than God's redemption plan for humanity, far more- there is another side to this story that occurred in heaven.
When we come to Christ, we are transferred from one kingdom (devil) to Christ's kingdom, we become HIS property.

He's right, God is judge, jury, and executioner, as well as the one who was executed.
Moreover, He is the perfectly just judge, perfectly just jury, and absolutely righteous executioner, as well as the sinless one who was executed on our behalf.
A good, human judge can't just dismiss a case just because he wants to, even though he is himself guilty.
How much less so can an infinitely righteous and perfect judge dismiss a case without ensuring justice is done?
Dawkins is swinging really close to the truth here, but still manages to miss the ball

God did just forgive us of our sins. That's what Jesus' came here to accomplish. Jesus literally came to earth for the purpose of securing everyone's free ticket to attain forgiveness. It cannot be earned, only freely given.
Hold up... If it cannot be earned, but only freely given...doesn't that mean I have to "do" something to get this "free pass"??? Uhm, yeah...technically. So, let's address this "thing" that we have to "do".
The "thing" we are required to "do" is prefer good over evil. That's it. Yes, that is a hugely reductionary description. Understanding the 'why' of it fills in the rest of the details. The reason for this restriction is, the plan is to set up a utopian society that is filled with people that actually care about everyone else enough to take action to help a person in need when they encounter such...and make them all immortal. Obviously, allowing even a single corrupt person (one who prefers evil over good) into this society would permanently ruin it for everyone.
This brings us back around to the original point...the forgiveness is free. We don't choose whether or not we are forgiven. We choose whether or not we prefer good over evil.
*Hold up!* *That just sounds like the same thing rephrased to fit the narrative!*
Well, that's because you don't understand. Choosing whether or not you prefer good in and of itself has nothing to do with being forgiven. If a person decides to choose to prefer good for the purpose of being forgiven to avoid missing out...that act is choosing evil over good. It is, in effect, greed in action. God is looking for people who truly refer good...even if they get punished for it. He isn't interested in people who choose good just so they can escape punishment...because those people don't actually prefer good. When the threat of punishment is removed, those same people would choose evil, which cannot be allowed to be made a permanent part of the eternal kingdom.

7How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:22 am

Otangelo

Admin
At age 33, Jesus was sentenced to death.

At the time of The Crucifixion, it was the ′′ worst ′′ death.
Only the worst criminals were sentenced to be crucified. However, it was even more terrible for Jesus, unlike other criminals sentenced to death by crucifixion, Jesus should be preached on the Cross by His hands and feet.

Every nail: It was between 6 and 8 inches long.

The nails were incorporated into his wrist,
Not in their palms as commonly represented
There's a tendon on the wrist stretching to the shoulder. Roman guards knew
that when the nails were being inserted into the wrist, the tendon would rip and break,
forcing Jesus to use his ribs to hold himself so he could breathe.

His two feet, They were inserted together, that's how he was forced to
lean on the only nail that tied his feet to the cross.
Jesus couldn't lean on his legs because of pain.
So he was forced to alternate between the bow his back
He had his legs just to continue his
breathe, Imagine the struggle, the pain, the suffering, the courage that endured it.

Jesus endured that reality for over 3 hours.

Yes, more than 3 hours!

Can you imagine this kind of
Suffering? A few minutes before Jesus died stopped bleeding, just water sprouted from his wounds.

From common images we see wounds on his hands and feet and even the spear wound on his side...
But we realize that his wounds were actually done all over his body by a deck driving large ones through the wrist, the feet overlap and an even large nail hammered through the arches, then a Roman guard piercing his side with a spear. But before the nails and the spear, Jesus was whipped and like the lashes were so severe that they broke the
Beef from his body, the beating so horrible he received in his face that he ripped off and his beard ripped from his face.
The crown of thorns embedded deep into his scalp. Most men
I would not have survived this torture.

I had no more blood
To bleed, only water sprouted if your wounds
The adult human body contains about 4.5 litres (a little over a gallon) of blood.

Jesus shed all 4.5 litres of his blood; he had three nails inserted into his
members; a crown of thorns on his head and, moreover, an entire Roman soldier a spear on his chest..

All this not to mention the humiliation he suffered after carrying the
Cruz for almost 2 km, while the crowd spit on his face and throw stones at him (the cross was almost 30 kg weight,
Just for his highest part, where your hands were.
(ROCK)

Jesus had to endure this experience, to open the doors of heaven, so that you can have the free
Access to God.

For your sins
They can be ′′ washed ′′ and taken away. All of them, no exception!
Do not ignore this situation.

Jesus Christ died for you!

He died for you!. It's easy to pass silly pranks or photos via email, but
When it comes to God, sometimes you feel ashamed to move forward.
To others because you care about what they might think about you

God has plans for you, show all your friends what you've tried.
God bless you!
He said (Matthew 10,32 and 33): ′′ Therefore, everyone who recognizes me before others, I will also recognize him.
In front of my father in heaven; but whoever denies me before others, I will deny it before my father in heaven ".

Confess Jesus as your one and only enough savior The Bible says, ′′ The word is with you, in your mouth and in your heart; this is the word of faith, which you preach, which is: If with your mouth you confess to the Lord Jesus, and in your heart you believe that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the father except for me.

8How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Otangelo

Admin
Jesus at birth was fully God (from his Father) and fully human (from his mother)
He had to be both man and God to be the bridge to repair the relationship between two alienated parties.
If He was NOT BOTH- he cannot represent both, God & Man.
From God's perspective, Jesus represented God to humanity
From the human perspective, Jesus represented humanity and bore our guilt and He alone is the bridge between the two parties- THE WAY back.

As far as the sin nature, Jesus did not inherit the sin nature- Jesus is the second Adam literally the first one did not have a sin nature until he disobeyed, so Christ came fully human taking on flesh as the second Adam -
The very first thing Jesus had to do is face 40 days of temptation in the wilderness
So the first Adam - LOST the garden..
What was left?...well the only thing that was left for Jesus to begin was a dust bowl, a dry lifeless terrain to begin the battle with the adversary.
God could have set anything up to be whatever he wanted it to be, because he is God, BUT God in no way did it.
God never at one time took advantage
If Adam loses a garden oasis then that is where His Son will have to start to repair the bridge.
So Jesus (second Adam) had to begin the battle with the adversary in the terrain that was left after the first Adam had lost everything. The lifeless dust bowl in the wilderness.
and with each temptation pertains to the very things that happened in the garden and the fall by being tempted with food..
Pertaining to the fall, by leaping and having angels rescue you
and by falling at his feet to worship the adversary- which pertains to when satan himself fell.-
Jesus won that battle 100% between the spiritual forces -
Then he began the ministry to save humanity.
It is not an accident that Jesus was arrested in a garden- Jesus won back the terrain of the garden, from his foe the devil.
Being taken from the Garden forcefully and in extreme unrighteousness to destroy an innocent life- was the means to set the guilty free and offer the way back.
It's all so beautiful and amazing when you see how God never one time takes advantage of his enemy but allows the enemy to hang himself with his own rope!
Being taken from the Garden, and killed has earned Jesus a kingdom, that will never be destroyed.

God knew in advance he would not fail but if Jesus wasn't able to fail then he wouldn't have been the second Adam, would he?
Jesus would be disqualified as the second Adam, fully human sharing our weakness.
The Bible says God isn't tempted, but Jesus was and he is God.
Jesus emptied himself taking the form of weak men.
Context of the scriptures matter- and isn't a contradiction in light of what Jesus was willing to do to.
If Jesus wasn't able to fail then what was the point in the temptations?

The best bet, and the best investment that we can do, is free, when we decide on it. It is in the kingdom of God. It did cost God everything, and he gives it to us for free. And we receive the highest value, more valuable than any sort of treasure, gold, or precious stones that we can gain or buy here on earth. It is not instantly visible, but like a seed that will grow inside of us, and become visible in the future. It will become fully knowable to us when we pass to the next reality.
Imagine what it took to God to make this world. The act of creation is described in a short chapter in Genesis. Very economically. But today we know it was an incredibly gigantic task performed by God in just one week. Only today with the technology developed in hundreds of years do we have a rudimentary understanding of how life's smallest unit, the cell, works We know each single human cell hosts over 2 billion proteins, over 6 million protein species. And our body hosts 37 trillion interconnected cells that communicate with each other without our knowledge. They do their thing in dozens of languages that only they understand, but we have no knowledge of it, and do not perceive it. The complexity of our own body is unfathomable to us. God created all this complexity for our benefit. And to make a seed. Us.
Now the citizens of God's future perfect kingdom are selected and sorted out. Those few that recognize Christ, surrender, and receive his graceful gift, forgiveness of sins, and citizenship to be called children of God, are inscribed in the book of life in heaven. When we pass into the next word, the kingdom of the lord, things will be of such a higher order, that we cannot understand or even imagine it.

It is promised in the New Testament:
1 Corinthians 2:9
"What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him.

God's plans are magnificent. Whatever he does, is always far superior to what our small mind can grasp. He is far more worthy than all the praise and worship that we will ever be able to offer and give. Heaven will be anything but the childish imagination of angels singing with harps, and mere boredom. God will have specific tasks for all his children. Perfectly tailored. Christ's body, made of billions of those that have been saved, will be like a finely tuned machine working in perfect harmony together. God will make everything new. A new heaven. A new earth. A new Jerusalem. If God's first creation was described as very good, his second will be perfect, and eternal. We will receive a new perfect body with much expanded sensorial and mental capacities. Our knowledge will expand in multiple ways.
Yes, this is just a small passage, here on earth. It is a tiny timespan compared to eternity. But decisive. Believe. Trust. God is worthy to be trusted. And have peace in your heart. God is powerful enough to secure you for eternity. He is the great I AM.

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

https://discoverthemasterpiece.com/

Last edited by Otangelo on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

9How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Otangelo

Admin
The best bet, and the best investment that we can do, is free, when we decide on it. It is in the kingdom of God. It did cost God everything, and he gives it to us for free. And we receive the highest value, more valuable than any sort of treasure, gold, or precious stones that we can gain or buy here on earth. It is not instantly visible, but like a seed that will grow inside of us, and become visible in the future. It will become fully knowable to us when we pass to the next reality.
Imagine what it took to God to make this world. The act of creation is described in a short chapter in Genesis. Very economically. But today we know it was an incredibly gigantic task performed by God in just one week. Only today with the technology developed in hundreds of years do we have a rudimentary understanding of how life's smallest unit, the cell, works We know each single human cell hosts over 2 billion proteins, over 6 million protein species. And our body hosts 37 trillion interconnected cells that communicate with each other without our knowledge. They do their thing in dozens of languages that only they understand, but we have no knowledge of it, and do not perceive it. The complexity of our own body is unfathomable to us. God created all this complexity for our benefit. And to make a seed. Us.
Now the citizens of God's future perfect kingdom are selected and sorted out. Those few that recognize Christ, surrender, and receive his graceful gift, forgiveness of sins, and citizenship to be called children of God, are inscribed in the book of life in heaven. When we pass into the next word, the kingdom of the lord, things will be of such a higher order, that we cannot understand or even imagine it.

It is promised in the New Testament:
1 Corinthians 2:9
"What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him.

God's plans are magnificent. Whatever he does, is always far superior to what our small mind can grasp. He is far more worthy than all the praise and worship that we will ever be able to offer and give. Heaven will be anything but the childish imagination of angels singing with harps, and mere boredom. God will have specific tasks for all his children. Perfectly tailored. Christ's body, made of billions of those that have been saved, will be like a finely tuned machine working in perfect harmony together. God will make everything new. A new heaven. A new earth. A new Jerusalem. If God's first creation was described as very good, his second will be perfect, and eternal. We will receive a new perfect body with much expanded sensorial and mental capacities. Our knowledge will expand in multiple ways.
Yes, this is just a small passage, here on earth. It is a tiny timespan compared to eternity. But decisive. Believe. Trust. God is worthy to be trusted. And have peace in your heart. God is powerful enough to secure you for eternity. He is the great I AM.

John 10:28
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

10How you can get Saved! Empty Scam artist Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 am

Otangelo

Admin
Hello. Your profile indicates that it is fake. That means you are probably a scam artist, a liar, offering a Bitcoin scam, a sextortionist, offering a (nonexistent) reward from Facebook, a thief, a criminal, an evil person with the intention to harm me.  If that is the case, you should feel shame for what you are doing. My advice: REPENT, and stop. If you don't, you are on the highway to hell and will pay the consequences. Revelation 21:  The cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

How you can get Saved!

Last edited by Otangelo on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

11How you can get Saved! Empty Re: How you can get Saved! Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:39 am

Otangelo

Admin
The Impossible Faith:

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2502-the-impossible-faith-a-defense-of-the-resurrection

https://web.archive.org/web/20170701150615/http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nowayjose.php

If you are an unbeliever and doubt God's existence, why don't you try it out? Seek him wholeheartedly, pray and ask Him to reveal himself to you, investigate, read the Biblical scriptures, start with the gospel of John, read the relevant literature that answers your main questions. Remove your bias, your objections, the barriers which are a hindering block, your prejudices. Start praying not just once, but continuously. Daily. If you do so and seek diligently, you will find God. Or better: He will find you, reveal himself to you, give you signs that you will recognize as answers to your prayers. God can change your life, as he has done millions, no. - billions of times in all human history in the life of humble fishermen like the apostle Peter, and kings like David and Salomon. He does not hide as many claim. Recognizing HIM does not depend on him alone but on your mindset and heart. If you fail, it's not HIS fault. Don't blame-shift. If there were no written revelation through sacred scriptures, the Bible, and we would have no knowledge whatsoever of his identity, then yes: You could claim that God is hiding. But that is not the case. Christ came in the name of God the father, but revealing that HE and the father were ONE. He came with a plan to fulfill, advanced in 357 Old Testament prophecies,

Fullfilled prophecies in the bible
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2435-fullfilled-prophecies-in-the-bible

a plan that was unique, unheard, not imagined by anyone. The veil was lifted after his resurrection, and HIS followers investigating scriptures, became aware that HE was the messiah. People imagined God as majestic, powerful, splendorous, magnificent, glorious, sumptuous, a ruler of power. But Christ came as a humble man. Isaiah 53 1 describes him as:

someone that had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

If Christ were one like many others, we would not talk about him today. There are many reasons why God's plan was doomed to failure, and Christ to be forgotten. Here some reasons:

The Impossible Faith: A Defense of the Resurrection
https://web.archive.org/web/20170701150615/http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nowayjose.php

Neither Here Nor There: Or, A Man from Galilee??
What advantage has religion and geography? To the ancients, "much in every way". Jesus' Jewishness could hardly have been denied by the early Christians, but it was also a major impediment to spreading the Gospel beyond the Jews themselves. Judaism was regarded by the Romans and Gentiles as a superstition. Roman writers like Tacitus willingly reported (not as true, but in the frame of "some say...") all manner of calumnies against Jews as a whole, regarding them as a spiteful and hateful race.

Getting Physical! The Wrong "Resurrection"
"Christianity's pagan critics generally viewed resurrection as misunderstood metempsychosis at best. At worst, it seemed ridiculous."

It may further be noted that the pagan world was awash with points of view associated with those who thought matter was evil and at the root of all of man's problems. Platonic thought, as Murray Harris puts it, supposed that "man's highest good consisted of emancipation from corporeal defilement. The nakedness of disembodiment was the ideal state." Physical resurrection was the last sort of endgame for mankind that you wanted to preach.

What's New? What's Not Good
Roman literature tells us that "(t)he primary test of truth in religious matters was custom and tradition, the practices of the ancients." (62) In other words, if your beliefs had the right sort of background and a decent lineage, you had the respect of the Romans. Old was good. Innovation was bad.

This was a big sticking point for Christianity, because it could only trace its roots back to a recent founder. Christians were regarded as "arrogant innovators" (63) whose religion was the new kid on the block, but yet had the nerve to insist that it was the only way to go! As noted above, Christianity argued that the "powers that be" which judged Jesus worthy of the worst and most shameful sort of death were 180 degrees off, and God Himself said so.

Don't Demand Behavior
Ethically, Christian religion is "hard to do". Judaism was as well, and that is one reason why there were so few God-fearers. Christianity didn't offer nice, drunken parties or orgies with temple prostitutes; in fact it forbade them. It didn't encourage wealth; it encouraged sharing the wealth. It didn't appeal to the senses, it promised: "pie in the sky by and by."

Tolerance is a Virtue
We have already alluded to the problem of Christianity being seen as an "arrogant innovator." Now compound the problem: Not only an innovator, but an exclusivist innovator. Many skeptics and non-believers today claim to be turned off by Christian "arrogance" and exclusivity. How much more so in the ancient world? The Romans were already grossly intolerant ; how much more so in the context of another and very new faith playing the same game and claiming to overthrow the social and religious order? How if a faith came telling us we needed to stop attending our churches (and in fact would prefer we tear them down), stop having our parties, stop observing the social order that had been in place from the time of our venerated ancestors until now?

The message about this Christ was incompatible with the most deeply rooted religious ideology of the Gentile world, as well as the more recent message propagated in Roman imperial ideology. The Christians refused to believe in the gods, "the guardians of stability of the world order, the generous patrons who provided all that was needed for sustaining life, as well as the granters of individual petitions." Jews and Christians alike were accused of atheism under this rubric.

Human vs. Divine: Never the Twain Shall Meet!
Our next factor is related to the one above about resurrection, and it is a problem from both a Jewish and a Gentile perspective. Earl Doherty, a Skeptic, has referred to the incredibility of "the idea that Jews, both in Palestine and across the empire, could have come to believe-or been converted to the idea by others-that a human man was the Son of God....To believe that ordinary Jews were willing to bestow on any human man, no matter how impressive, all the titles of divinity and full identification with the ancient God of Abraham is simply inconceivable." And so it would be: Unless it actually happened, and that "human man" proved himself to be the Son of God. Doherty's "fallacy" amounts to an argument in favor of Christianity.

No Class!
In the ancient world, people took their major identity from the various groups to which they belonged. Whatever group(s) they were embedded in determined their idenitity. Changes in persons (such as Paul's conversion) were abnormal. Each person had certain role expectations they were expected to fulfill. The erasure or blurring of these various distinctions -- stated clearly in Paul, but also done in practice by Jesus during his ministry -- would have made Christianity seem radical and offensive.

Don't Rely on Women!
This one has been brought up many times, but it bears repeating and elaboration. If Christianity wanted to succeed, it should never have admitted that women were the first to discover the empty tomb or the first to see the Risen Jesus. It also never should have admitted that women were main supporters (Luke 8:3) or lead converts (Acts 16).

Many have pointed out that women were regarded as "bad witnesses" in the ancient world. We need to emphasize that this was not a peculiarity as it would be seen today, but an ingrained stereotype. As Malina and Neyrey note, gender in antiquity came laden with "elaborate stereotypes of what was appropriate male or female behavior." [72] Quintilian said that where murder was concerned, males are more likely to commit robbery, while females were prone to poisoning.

But God's plans are perfect and succeed. Billions have found salvation in Christ. You can, too.

How you can get Saved!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum