ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can time exist without space and matter?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can time exist without space and matter? Empty Can time exist without space and matter? Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:13 am

Otangelo

Admin

Can time exist without space and matter?

What does the word 'spacetime' mean?
It means that in our universe, 3-dimensional space and time form a single indivisible new physical object which has 4 dimensions. All physical laws and phenomena seem to require thinking about space and time as this blended object. That's what Einstein's relativity theories were all about.

What is the relationship between space and time?
Mathematically, and in accordance with relativity, they are in some sense interchangeable, but we do know that they form co-equal parts of a larger 'thing' called space-time, and it is only within space-time that the most complete understanding of the motion and properties of natural objects and phenomena can be rigorously understood by physicists. Space and time are to space-time what arms and legs are to humans. In some sense they are interchangeable, but you cannot understand 10,000 years of human history without including both arms and legs as part of the basic human condition.

Can space exist by itself without matter or energy around?
No. Experiments continue to show that there is no 'space' that stands apart from space-time itself...no arena in which matter, energy and gravity operate which is not affected by matter, energy and gravity. General relativity tells us that what we call space is just another feature of the gravitational field of the universe, so space and space-time can and do not exist apart from the matter and energy that creates the gravitational field. This is not speculation, but sound observation.
https://einstein.stanford.edu/content/relativity/a11332.html

Where did God come from ? - Best answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AHcv19NIc

The God of the Bible is not affected by time space or matter if he's if he's affected by time space or matter he's not God time space and matter is what we call a continuum all of them have to come into existence at the same instant because if there were matter but no space where would you put it if there were matter in space but no time when would you put it you cannot have time space or matter independently they have to come into existence simultaneously the Bible answers that in ten words in the beginning there's time God created the heaven their space and the earth there's matter so you have time space matter created a trinity of Trinity's their justice you know time is past present future space has length width height matter has solid liquid gas you have a Trinity of Trinity's created instant me asleep and the God who created them has to be outside of them if he's limited by time he's not God the guy who created this computer is not in the computer he's not running around in there changing the numbers on the screen okay the God who created this universe is outside of the universe he's above it beyond it in it through it he's unaffected by it so the concept of a spiritual force cannot have any effect on a material body well then I guess you'd have to explain to me things like emotions and love and hatred and envy and jealousy and rationality I mean if your brain is just a random collection of chemicals that form by chance over billions of years how on earth can you trust your own reasoning processes and the thoughts that you you think okay so your your question where did God come from is assuming and limited God and that's your problem the God that I worship is not limited by time space or matter if I could fit the infinite God in my three-pound brain he would not be worth worshiping that's for certain so that's the God that I worship think

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum