Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins

This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, and biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins » Philosophy and God » Atheism » Reasons given by atheists, why they became atheists

Reasons given by atheists, why they became atheists

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin
Reasons given by atheists, why they became atheists

In the Facebook group: The Atheist's Resource Group, someone asked: Why did you become an atheist ?

As an atheist I am happier than ever before
religion is not real.
monks used to sell "get out of hell cards" .
After a lot of reading and studying I realized how absolutely absurd religion especially organized religion really is.
Everyone is born atheist.
Never got indoctrinated
I never found almost any of the Catholicism taught to me plausible at all.
It isn’t take long for me to realise that the Bible was bullshit, and I started recognising that religion was all smoke and mirror jingling keys.
I took my first step down that road after reading the bible.
I read the bible!. 1) Watched a NatGeo documentary about contradictions in the Bible 2) Read the bible and confirmed it 3) Read a book on cosmology 4) Watched George Carlin's 'Religion' sketch
I asked questions about religion and found the 'answers' to be nonsensical.
I wanted to be more effective at converting people like me, so I studied the bible. And here I am today!
By actually reading the Buybull.
Reading the Bible. Sickening.
Took my first college level science class at age 29 and haven’t looked back🙌🏻 amazing how my fear of death disappeared.
I was about 8 & while at summer bible school, I could not buy the Noah story. 900 year old guy, nonsense,!
I read the Bible, which I was feverishly warned not to do by family and church elders.
I read the Bible, which I was feverishly warned not to do by family and church elders.
Used my brain.
I was born that way. Since then, I've never bought the "sales pitch" of any religion.
Took a two year detailed course of comparative religions. Studied histories, similarities and differences between the top hundred religions, reading their holy books ... And realizing the similarities were the crowd control and thought limiting tactics ...
Rational thought!
Evolution
I never had a sense of any prime mover's existence.
Too many things just didn't make sense. (like destroying all land dwelling animals and vegetation with a global flood rather than simply destroying all the people, save 8, directly)

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum