ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reasons given by atheists, why they became atheists

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

What is a better, more case-adequate alternative mechanism to an eternal powerful intelligent designer for the origin and existence of the universe, the laws of physics, its fine-tuning, the origin of life, biodiversity, and consciousness?

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2880-reasons-given-by-atheists-why-they-became-atheists#9095

None of the below arguments are good reasons to believe that there is no God or to confess disbelief in any God.  

- There is no evidence for Gods existence, nor the supernatural
- Evolution refutes the necessity of a creator
- I’m not convinced and I have yet to see anything that is verifiable.
- No God has ever been verified or demonstrated, nor validated. 
- Syllogisms used, arguing for a God, contain multiple fallacious or premises.
- God is hidden
- There is much evil in the world
- None of the miracles in the Bible are proven
- The Bible is a book of myths, fables, fairy-tale stories, talking snakes, etc. 
- The God of the Bible is genocidal, he condones slavery, rape, etc. 
- There are tons of contradictions in the Bible
- Never have prayers been confirmed to be answered
- Jesus is a myth. There is no proof that he was divine, and resurrected
- There is zero evidence for Jesus, the entire Christian century or of a god himself. 
- Science disproves the Bible and God
- The Bible has been distorted and has changed during history
- It has over 50,000 errors and contradictions on top of the false scientific information such as the age of the earth or a worldwide flood.
- Evolution disproves Genesis
- For every gap of knowledge, there has been found a natural explanation
- I don't need God to be moral
- Organized religion is absurd
- Theists use God of the gaps arguments
- It is impossible for God to exist
- Nobody knows how everything came to be, that doesn't mean, God did it.
- We replace God with honesty by saying "we don't know".
- As an atheist I am happier than ever before
- religion is not real.
- monks used to sell "get out of hell cards" .
- After a lot of reading and studying I realized how absolutely absurd religion especially organized religion really is.
- Everyone is born atheist.
- Never got indoctrinated
- I never found almost any of the Catholicism taught to me plausible at all.
- It isn’t take long for me to realise that the Bible was bullshit, and I started recognising that religion was all smoke and mirror jingling keys.
- I took my first step down that road after reading the bible.
- I read the bible!. 1) Watched a NatGeo documentary about contradictions in the Bible 2) Read the bible and confirmed it 3) Read a book on cosmology 
- I wanted to be more effective at converting people like me, so I studied the bible. And here I am today!
- By actually reading the Buybull.
- Reading the Bible. Sickening.
- Took my first college level science class at age 29 and haven’t looked back🙌🏻 amazing how my fear of death disappeared.
- I was about 8 & while at summer bible school, I could not buy the Noah story. 900 year old guy, nonsense,!
- I read the Bible, which I was feverishly warned not to do by family and church elders.
- I read the Bible, which I was feverishly warned not to do by family and church elders.
- Used my brain.
- I was born that way. Since then, I've never bought the "sales pitch" of any religion.
- Took a two year detailed course of comparative religions. And realizing the similarities were the crowd control and thought limiting tactics ...
- Rational thought!
- I never had a sense of any prime mover's existence.
- Too many things just didn't make sense. (like destroying all land dwelling animals and vegetation with a global flood rather than simply destroying all the people, save 8, directly)

Reasons given by atheists, why they became atheists Reason11

Last edited by Otangelo on Sat 15 Jan 2022 - 14:49; edited 2 times in total

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Otangelo

Admin

I am an atheist. I define atheism as suspending acknowledgement of the existence of gods until sufficient evidence can be presented. My position is that I have no good reason to acknowledge the existence of gods.

And here is the evidence as to why I currently hold to such a position.

1. I personally have never observed a god.
2. I have never encountered a person whom has claimed to have observed a god.
3. I know of no accounts of persons claiming to have observed a god that were willing or able to demonstrate or verify their observation for authenticity, accuracy, or validity.
4. I have never been presented a valid logical argument which also employed sound premises that lead deductively to a conclusion that a god(s) exists.
5. Of the 46 logical syllogisms I have encountered arguing for the existence of a god(s), I have found all to contain multiple fallacious or unsubstantiated premises.
6. I have never observed a phenomenon in which the existence of a god was a necessary antecedent for the known or probable explanation for the causation of that phenomenon.
7. Several proposed (and generally accepted) explanations for observable phenomena that were previously based on the agency of a god(s), have subsequently been replaced with rational, natural explanations, each substantiated with evidence that excluded the agency of a god(s). I have never encountered vice versa.
8. I have never experienced the presence of a god through intercession of angels, divine revelation, the miraculous act of divinity, or any occurrence of a supernatural event.
9. Every phenomena that I have ever observed has emerged from necessary and sufficient antecedents over time without exception. In other words, I have never observed a phenomenon (entity, process, object, event, process, substance, system, or being) that was created ex nihilo - that is instantaneously came into existence by the solitary volition of a deity.
10. All claims of a supernatural or divine nature that I have encountered have either been refuted to my satisfaction, or do not present as falsifiable.

ALL of these facts lead me to the only rational conclusion that concurs with the realities I have been presented - and that is the fact that there is no good reason for me to acknowledge the existence of a god.

Otangelo

Admin

There is only ONE sucessful answer that warrants naturalism as a plausible worldview

That is the answer to the question: What is an alternative mechanism to an intelligent powerful designer that constitutes a more case-adequate explanation, in contrast to an intelligent creator, and why ? 

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2880-reasons-given-by-atheists-why-they-became-atheists#9095

None of the below arguments are good reasons to believe that there is no God or to confess disbelief in any God.  

- There is no evidence for Gods existence, nor the supernatural
- I’m not convinced and I have yet to see anything that is verifiable.
- No God has ever been verified or demonstrated, nor validated.
- Syllogisms used, arguing for a God, contain multiple fallacious or premises.
- God is hidden
- There is much evil in the world
- None of the miracles in the Bible are proven
- The Bible is a book of myths, fables, fairy-tale stories, talking snakes, etc.
- The God of the Bible is genocidal, he condones slavery, rape, etc.
- There are tons of contradictions in the Bible
- Never have prayers been confirmed to be answered
- Jesus is a myth. There is no proof that he was divine, and resurrected
- There is zero evidence for Jesus, the entire Christian century or of a god himself.
- Science disproves the Bible and God
- The Bible has been distorted and has changed during history
- It has over 50,000 errors and contradictions on top of the false scientific information such as the age of the earth or a worldwide flood.
- Evolution disproves Genesis
- For every gap of knowledge, there has been found a natural explanation
- I don't need God to be moral
- Organized religion is absurd
- Theists use God of the gaps arguments
- It is impossible for God to exist
- Nobody knows how everything came to be, that doesn't mean, God did it.
- We replace God with honesty by saying "we don't know".  

Reasons given by atheists, why they became atheists Reason10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum