ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Skeptic reporting in! :D

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Skeptic reporting in! :D Empty Skeptic reporting in! :D Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:52 am

DeconvertedMan

DeconvertedMan

Hi, you know me from youtube. Smile
But, because you clearly have ideas about the pesky atheists, I feel I must clear that up because, well - ya wrong. At least for this atheist.

You said a ton of things in the thing I read outloud on my channel and already responded to - but no idea if you listened to my whole thing or not. Regardless.

1: I don't really have a "worldview" / I do not even know what it is if I do have one.

You make the error of thinking that `atheists' must beleve (X)(Y) and (Z). Nope. Not at all. We do not have to beleve or not beleve anything, the only requriement to be an atheist is not beleving in any gods - that's it. You can beleve in anything/everything else as long as its not "God" and you are an atheist.

2: Abiogenisis/evoultion/macroevoultion are not beliefs, they are science.

Its clear that you have issues with the topics, and it seems have not done any (?) research on the matter as you outright write things that are simply untrue and fly in the face of reality itself. No one needs to beleve in these things - we have observations, tests, studies, pier review and so on that cover the matters in depth and fully. Sure, those papers are hard to accesss, and hard to understand - but they are there, no one "beleves" in them, they accept the data.

3: Faith is required for every belief.

No.

4: "Empirical evidence, alone, cannot confirm that there exists..."

Yes, it can - depending on what you mean, but we also have repeatable testing that we can do.
However, if I was to accept your incoherent list then we should doubt EVERYTHING. Great, then I still remain a non-belever. Now what?

----

I personally do not need to beleve in, nor have an answer to how life came to be, how the earth came to be, how the unvierse came to be, and in fact, for this topic, I shall post as if I do not have those answers and am unware of them. This means that I do not have any beliefs other then perhaps, that reality is real. (Although I wouldn't call it a belief persay).

You said this on my video:

"Sad is to stick to a worldview, that is most likely false, not corresponding to reality, and not giving hope, meaning, actually, anything. Why someone would feel attracted to such a worldview, which cheerishes death, is beyond me. But hey. To each, his own...."

That is you.
Not me.
I do not have a worldview. (that I am aware of)
What view I do have seems to correspond to reality.
"Giving hope/meaning/anything" is not relevent, all that matters is what is REAL. (what is true)

The thing is you have a view of things that you think give your (and all) life meaning. Great, nice, more power to ya, but my view of things is that I only care what is real/true - if that truth brings me happyness great, if not, oh well. I only care soly about what the facts are, that's it. That's why I am a skeptic.

I doubt the paranormal, the supernatural, the magic/magik, ESP, aliens that have visited earth, Cryptozoology. and other non-proven ideas.

As far as I can tell, we are made of tiny bits of energy flying around each other, those tiny bits make up larger things that we call atoms those atoms make up things that we call molecules, those make up elements, and elements make up all the things, including cells, then those cells at work!, go and make us able to be us.

We are all made of the stardust from stars that died long ago for us. We are in the universe, the universe is in us. We are stardust

We live, we die. The universe also dies in a 22 billion years in the future (the earliest possible end of the Universe in the Big Rip scenario, assuming a model of dark energy with w = −1.5. False vacuum decay may occur in 20 to 30 billion years if the Higgs field is metastable) give or take - maybe we can figure out how to stop death, or at least slow down/reverse aging but for now, we are mortal. That's it. We exist until we do not. That's how it is.

But that's okay, because a legend's not a legend until it ends.

anyway man, I'm happy to answer questions about being a skeptic/atheist to the best I can.
That way, you do not have strawmen in your arguments.
Also, happy to point out logical fallacies you produce in hopes you fix them Smile

~fin~

https://www.youtube.com/@DeconvertedMan

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum