ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion for a good friday sermon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suggestion for a good friday sermon Empty Suggestion for a good friday sermon Mon 3 Apr 2023 - 21:36

Otangelo

Admin

Suggestion for a good Friday sermon

Based on the traditional Christian account, here is a possible sequential order of events that happened on the day of Christ's crucifixion, which is commonly referred to as Good Friday:

In the early morning, Jesus was brought before Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor of Judea, for trial. Pilate found Jesus innocent of the charges brought against him but was pressured by the Jewish religious leaders and the crowd to have him executed. Jesus was flogged and beaten by Roman soldiers, who also placed a crown of thorns on his head and mocked him. He was forced to carry his own cross to the place of execution, known as Golgotha or Calvary. Jesus was then crucified along with two other criminals. The soldiers nailed him to the cross, and he was left to hang there for several hours. During his time on the cross, Jesus spoke several times, including the famous words "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." In the afternoon, Jesus died and his body was taken down from the cross. His body was then prepared for burial and placed in a tomb, which was sealed with a large stone.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum