ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Socrates about Intelligent Design

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Socrates about Intelligent Design Empty Socrates about Intelligent Design Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:04 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Hi. I am Socrates. Born 470 BC. Credited as the founder of Western philosophy.  I have been the first to provide a highly refined argument from design. In my days, the creative power of accidents had, thanks to its advocacy by the atomists, emerged as an explanatory model aspiring to compete with intelligent causation. This was why I became the first to argue for the creationist option against the rival materialist hypothesis. Thus this was when the Argument from Design entered the scene. I attribute to the supreme deity not only benevolence but also powers that make that deity both omniscient and omnipresent. God is so great and of such a kind as at one and the same time to see everything, to hear everything, to be present everywhere, and to take care of everything. Compare things with regard to which there is no sign of what they are for, and things that evidently serve a beneficial purpose. Which ones do you judge to be the products of chance, and which of design? Products of chance typically do not serve a manifest purpose, whereas products of design typically do so. Living beings, here represented by humans, are so structured that their every feature serves some manifest purpose. Therefore that which originally produced living beings, including humans, did so by design. Intelligence is the real cause of everything in the world.  I was the first in history to point to the explicit disjunction of accident and design, offered as competing for causal origins of life. The origin of life forms lies in a creator superior to any human creator.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum