ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long will judgment day be?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How long will judgment day be? Empty How long will judgment day be? Fri May 14, 2021 9:51 pm

Otangelo

Admin

How long will judgment day be?

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t3149-how-long-will-judgment-day-be

It is remarkable that the Bible tells us very little about judgment day. Christ said that we would have to give account for each word said. I was thinking about that. Will Christ go through all we said personally, or will Angels do that, and Christ will speak only the final verdict in regards of the eternal destiny of each of us? I don't know. According to the below website, each person speaks in average 860,341,500 words in lifetime.

https://proedit.com/how-many-words-do-we-speak-in-a-lifetime/?fbclid=IwAR1_e8-aa_VueLTcot62WoBnb17nwj2PytX1iU3k0W0Fcn19fNjKytPSr1E#:~:text=860%2C341%2C500%20words%20spoken%20in%20a%20lifetime&text=Here%20goes%3A,OED[/url]

Let's suppose that the earth is 6500 years old.   About 130 generations lived since Adam and Eve.  In 1800 the world population was 1 billion. So 126 generations lived until 1800. If we put an average population of 500 Mio until 1800, that means, that until 1800, about 63 billion people lived. From 1800 until today, the growth was 7 billion, which means an average of 3,5 billion in four generations, or another 14 billion people. So a gross total of 77 billion people during the entire human history. Each spoke an average of 850 million words. That means the total number of words spoken in all human history until now is 6,5^19 words. There are 10^22 stars in the universe.

Now, the interesting thing is, that the Bible says that God knows the name of each star in the universe. So it must be no problem to know and judge each of the words spoken by all humankind. He knows each of our words.

Now let us suppose that God will say 500 words for each of our words to judge what we said. That means, he would say 3,2^22 words, still less than the number of stars in the universe.
But how much time would he have to spend to judge humankind? If he would spend 500 words for each word spoken by us, and each word takes one second, 3,22^22 seconds. 10^16 seconds are about 13,7billion years.
So God would be busy for quite some time judging us..... But since eternity is forever, that would still be a speck of time if there is no end of time.

It is also interesting that the Bible says that we will judge angels.  1 Corinthians 6:3  Do you not know that we will judge angels? How will that be? No idea, but I know that certainly, we will not be bored up there.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum