ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is Intelligent Design the best scientific explanation of the origin of life?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

Why is Intelligent Design the best scientific explanation of the origin of life?

http://www.arn.org/docs/booher/scientific-case-for-ID.html

This part provides a summary of the major reasons intelligent design is the best scientific explanation of the origin of life. It will not repeat the details supporting these reasons that are discussed at length in the other parts. The major reasons that intelligent design is the best explanation of the origin of life are:

1. No other causally adequate explanations exist. Meyer examined major theories from three classes of evolutionary explanations of the origin of life: chance, necessity, and combination of chance and necessity. He found that none of these evolutionary approaches revealed “any cause or process capable of producing biologically relevant amounts of specified information.”158 In his survey of other explanations “Every attempt to explain the origin of biological information either failed because it transferred the problem elsewhere or ‘succeeded’ only by presupposing unexplained sources of information,” a procedure Meyer labels the “displacement problem”159

Chance explanations by themselves failed because the probabilistic odds of success were so low that to succeed in producing only one molecule of DNA, RNA, or a functional protein required more probabilistic resources than have existed in the entire universe since the big bang.

Self-organizational laws (processes of necessity) cannot generate new information. “Laws of nature describe highly regular patterns or order, not the aperiodic complexity that characterizes information rich digital code”160

Combinational models end up facing both the problems of chance and necessity alone. “Since the law-like processes of necessity do not generate new information, these … models invariably rely upon chance events to do most, if not all, of the work in producing new information.” By eventually relying on chance these models face the same limitations as chance models alone.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum