ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What relevance does he OT law have in regard to the Christian practice and life ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

What relevance does the OT law have in regard to Christian practice and life?

Question:
Is the old testament applicable in our Christian life today or it applied only to the Jews? If not why is it read in our churches today. What about new testament, a we supposed to follow only new testament teachings?

Reply:
The Old Testament contains teachings and stories that are still relevant for us, Christians today, such as the Ten Commandments and the stories of Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David.

Jesus himself quoted from the Old Testament, and the New Testament writers also referenced it extensively. The Old Testament is important as a source to understand the historical and cultural context of the New Testament.

The New Testament, on the other hand, is specifically focused on the teachings of Jesus and the early Christian Church. I as a Christian believe that the New Testament contains the message of salvation and redemption through Jesus Christ. We are to follow the teachings of both the Old and New Testaments, as they are considered to be interconnected and complementary.

More:
10 Reasons the Old Testament Is Important for Christians
NOVEMBER 7, 2018 | JASON S. DEROUCHIE
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/old-testament-important/

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum