ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the Earth Flat?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is the Earth Flat? Empty Is the Earth Flat? Tue 15 Mar 2022 - 3:47

Gemini

Hi,

This is my first post here, I do have some questions regarding the shape of the earth. Questions that may challenge the current Heliocentric and Sphere Earth Model.

Why does the horizon always appear flat to the observer? Why do we see no deviation in it?
Whether you are on the beach, or you look from your home balcony or an airplane window, you always find the Earth is flat and so is the horizon line. Even if you use binoculars and cameras with powerful lenses, you will find the same result. Also, even if you are in a plane at a high altitude, have excellent eyesight, and use modern binoculars, can you see any deviation? Based on experiment, the answer is: You cannot see any deviation.

Moreover, if you are in a plane at a high altitude, you would not have to look down to see the flat shape. Just look to the side, and you will find that the horizon is flat. If the Earth is spherical as they say, we would not see such flat shape but because it is flat and expanded, we always see the horizon flat.

Fluids, especially water, always settle flat. What does this mean?” Bring any bottle of water, flip it upside down, tilt it, put it in any position, or shake it. You will find that the surface of the water is flat. This is one of the known physical properties of water that it settles on the flat object. Try this yourself. Bring a ball or a balloon and then pour water over it. You will find that water does not settle on it, but runs down to reach a flat surface to settle flat on it. Have you tried it? If yes, I want you to ask yourself: What makes you believe that such huge amounts of water in this world is stable on a spherical Earth? It shall be noted that water constitutes 70% of the surface, while the land constitutes only 30%. Why do we find seas stable as if settled on a flat surface? For another example, bring a pan you use for cooking, then pour water in it. Now, notice. Where does the water settle, in the top, corners, or a certain side? Yes, you will notice that the water took a flat shape, because this is the property of water. Now, flip the pan upside down what is the result? The water is poured on the ground, which would have happened if the Earth were spherical and rotating on its axis at a thousand miles per hour.

Have you ever asked yourself why the same stars have been above us since we were young until the present moment? If the Earth is spherical, moves at incredible speeds, and rotates around the sun with the rest of the planets, then why do we see today the same stars above us that we used to see when we were children?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum