ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Science'-worshiping Atheism is akin to Flat Earth cosmography (and the birds have no need of either)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

notatinkertoy

Richard Dawkins says Nature presents us with merely an illusion of being Designed. He says that, therefore, in order for one be rational and of sound mind, one must practice rejecting this appearance as an illusion. In other words, according to Dawkins, Nature, in effect, conspires to cause us to believe in a Great Creator-Designer; And that, therefore, in order for one to be rational and objective, one must reject this Great Unintentional Conspiracy of Nature (GUCN).

I think this Dawkinsian GUCN is akin to the particular 'rational' precomittments of a Flat Earth cosmography. In one sense, a Flat Earth cosmography is easily obtained from 'the evidence'---such as gravity and locally extensive flatness. In another sense, a Flat Earth cosmography is endlessly impossible to defend against the broader and deeper evidence---such as geographically and personally bodily local. A Flat Earth cosmography also is a physically and metaphysically unnecessary model of cosmography.

The birds have no need of the particular precomittments of a Flat Earth cosmography. For them, the idea of a globe, and the idea of a macro-mass-related kind of gravity, do just fine. And a Flat Earth cosmography is at once too simplistic and too complicated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum