ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My dictums

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

276My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:10 am

Otangelo

Admin

Everything, in its normal course, is decaying. The universe is obeying the second law of thermodynamics. One day, energy will all be consumed, and be unable to perform any work. Our universe will enter a state of heath death.

Atoms, in a stochastic process, break down. Estimates for the half-life of protons is at 1.29×10^34 years. Yeah, it's a long period, but nonetheless, they go their trajectory as everything else.

In a few billion years, our Sun will become a red giant, ceasing to sustain nuclear fusion, and die.

Systems, given energy and left to themselves, DEVOLVE to give uselessly complex mixtures, “asphalts”. the literature reports exactly ZERO CONFIRMED OBSERVATIONS where evolution emerged spontaneously from a devolving chemical system. it is IMPOSSIBLE for any non-living chemical system to escape devolution to enter into the Darwinian world of the “living”. Such statements of impossibility apply even to macromolecules not assumed to be necessary for evolution.

All living organisms, after a certain period of time, die, and the molecules decompose into atoms.

If everything in our universe is in the trajectory of decaying, why did all start in the first place? How was energy in a low entropy state, hot, dense, and extremely highly ordered, created, breaking the second law, doing exactly the contrary of what we observe in the universe? Roger Penrose called the Second Law of thermodynamics one of the most fundamental principles of physics. We should be surprised to the extreme with the fact that the universe started in such a state.

The low-entropy condition of the early universe is extreme in both respects: the universe is a very big system, and it was once in a very low entropy state. The odds of that happening by chance are staggeringly small. Penrose estimates the probability to be roughly 1/10^10^123.

Atoms are only stable because the forces that hold them together, are finely tuned, and because of Bohr's law of quantization, and Paulis exclusion principle in operation in every single atom. If that were not so. atoms would be ions, and annihilate in a fraction of a second.

Life in any form is a very serious enigma and conundrum. It does something, whatever the biochemical pathway, machinery, enzymes etc. are involved, that should not and honestly could not ever "get off the ground". It SPONTANEOUSLY recruits Gibbs free energy from its environment so as to reduce its own entropy. That is tantamount to a rock continuously recruiting the wand to roll it up the hill, or a rusty nail "figuring out" how to spontaneously rust and add layers of galvanizing zinc on itself to fight corrosion. Unintelligent simple chemicals can't self-organize into instructions for building solar farms (photosystems 1 and 2), hydroelectric dams (ATP synthase), propulsion (motor proteins), self-repair (p53 tumor suppressor proteins) or self-destruct (caspases) in the event that these instructions become too damaged by the way the universe USUALLY operates. Abiogenesis is not an issue that scientists simply need more time to figure out but a fundamental problem with materialism.

To me, this is powerful evidence of a powerful creator, which instantiated all state of affairs in the beginning, contrary to the normal trajectory of our universe, atoms, molecules, and life. He gave life to things that otherwise, would not exist.

Everything in our universe decays, but God is God. Forever and ever. Without a beginning, and without an end. He creates the beginning. He is the alpha, the beginning of everything. He is the creator. He is the instantiator. The maker. Nothing equals Him. We owe our existence to Him, that's why He deserves our worship and praise. Amen.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

277My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:41 am

Otangelo

Admin

Atheists commonly claim that they have reason and science on their side, compared to a Skydaddy, magic, religion, talking snakes and monkeys, and fiction.
Some also claim that their views are based on evidence, not faith, so they self-describe themselves as apistevists. ( they lack faith).

But suddenly, when it comes to putting the propositions on the table, and each side to show the cards that they have to play, it seems that the picture changes. Those that are more courageous, and don't hide behind the " I don't know" canard, claiming that they make no claims, and therefore, the burden of proof is all on us, those that describe themselves as strong atheists, and try to portray a worldview without God, resort to:

Multiverses, bubble universe, parallel worlds, string "theory", Virtual particles, oscillating universes, an eternal universe, a universe from nothing, the formation of stars through accretion, abiogenesis, a last universal common ancestor, a tree of life, macroevolution by unguided means, billions of years, transitional fossils, convergent evolution, consciousness, intelligence, and language as an emergent product and property of the brain, and subjective morality. Ought to be's are sufficiently reinforced by man to become binding.

They believe power and energy came from no power and no energy. No space created space. No mind created the mind. No consciousness created consciousness. No morality created moral values. No intention and will created intentional states, and will from jiggling electrons.

All propositions that they take ON FAITH, without a shred of empirical demonstrable scientifically based evidence. They reject theism because Gods existence cannot be empirically verified by our senses, but accept by default that the No-God proposition is true until shown otherwise, because all that their senses perceive, is natural, completely disconsidering that what we can observe in our world, is just a fraction of what we know to exist.

But it's the atheist's position that is supposedly perfectly rational, science-based, on credible peer-review, scientific consensus, logical, plausible, probable, and rational, and the scientific establishment is on their side. After all, 97% of biologists believe in evolution, therefore, it must be true.

On top of that, they truly believe that this unfathomably complex world came about solely by chance. Random luck. Natural selection by no mechanism with foresight, intent, goals, imagination, and intelligence.

How does that make sense ?

My dictums - Page 12 Maxres10

278My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Otangelo

Admin

What gives me the greatest joy, is when I think about Jesus, and what he did for us.  

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

While atheists ridicule and diminish His sacrifice, claiming that He just lost a weekend, to me this act is the greatest proof and illustration of Gods greatness of character, heroic act, strength of will, love, gracefulness, commitment to his creation, in special the kind he made in His image, us. You and me.

When I came to live in brazil, 25 years ago, I had a friend, who worked as a missionary with YWAM, Youth with a mission, in a Slum in Rio de Janeiro, called Dona Marta, where Michael Jackson recorded some scenes for the clip: " They don't care about us". MJ just used the picturesque place as scenery for the clip, but sadly, in real life, did in fact not care for the people and children there. I had contact with his personal photographer, which I met there. I did send him a folder about the community, and he promised to give it to MJ, but never got a reply.

That friend, that I supported, that was doing missionary work,  later drifted away from the gospel, distanced himself more and more from following Christ, started to approximate himself to the local drug lord, which later was killed in prison, and started an extramarital relationship with various girls in the slum, and also became the father of a girl, that grew up without his presence. Observing this, I distanced myself from him. Recently for curiosity, i checked here on FB what he was doing, and saw an interview with him. He said: I am promoting what is on my behalf to make the place where I live a better place.

That led me to some reflections. I think his worldview and thinking devolved to become childish and immature. Romans 3 is very clear. Humankind and nature is doomed. The only redemption and transformation can occur when we are born again in Christ. When our nature becomes new, through the intervention of God's grace, and the operation of the holy spirit in our lives. The world will continue its trajectory of fallenness, and rather than becoming a better place to live, it will become worse. Christ came as the brightest light and culprit of an example of how we ought to live. In righteousness, holiness, and truthfulness.

What humanity has ahead, is the coming of the imitator of Christ. The antichrist. He will amaze the whole world with never seen miracles and will be hailed by all great world religions. The Jews will welcome him as the long-expected messiah. The fifth Buddha, Krishna, or Imam Mahdi.

Maitreya is the Teacher for all humanity — those of all spiritual traditions, and those who follow no particular faith. He does not come as a religious leader, but as an educator in the broadest sense.
https://www.share-international.org

Probably, he will eradicate hunger in the world, and wealth inequality. He will be hailed more than Hitler, and people will sing him praise. But he is the culprit of expression of evil and depravity, incorporating Satan.
Our realistic expectation is that the world is heading to more technology, more control, more surveyance of the state, less freedom, and a totalitarian one-world order regime. It can take another 50, 100, 200 years. I don't know. While Satan is doing his thing, God is governing and holds all power and events in his hand. Nothing happens, without Him knowing and permitting it.

What I do know, IMHO, is that I want to live for and with Christ. The ultimate commitment is to die for Christ. And many do so today.  I want to do the good works that God has prepared for me to do. I want to shine as a light, pointing to Jesus. Together with my brethren and sisters in Christ.

I wish you a happy New Year 2022. Blessings.

279My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:00 pm

Otangelo

Admin

One needs to have a change of his heart and will as a precondition, to start recognizing God's handiwork, and give Him praise. Man in his fallen nature is blind to recognize God's glory in Jesus Christ through His direct revelation in the Bible, and in the created order. Man comes only to God when the holy spirit draws him into God's hands. Then, his heart can be transformed, and he starts seeking God. Evidence seen in the natural world deepens and solidifies man's faith and certainty of God's sublime power.

It is an illusion if apologists think that it is their arguments that convicts the sinner. In John 16:8, Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit: “When the Spirit comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment” It is when man recognizes his fallen nature and the deep gap that exists between him and God's holiness and purity.

And what is the most basic sin of which the world is guilty? Jesus specifies it as unbelief. It is the sin of unbelief—a refusal to trust in Jesus that is primary, and it is what condemns people to hell.

Its when we recognize our own impurity, and God's wrath against all kinds of sin, when we are prepared to repent, open our hearts, and receive his grace.

Without God opening our eyes, there could be no salvation. As God's servants, we are like midwives helping the spiritually dead to be born and start a new life.

1. Corinthians 3:7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. 9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.

Some apologists might be frustrated because they do not see conversions happening in front of their eyes. I see it many times: I provide the evidence, I refute successfully the arguments of unbelievers, and rather than admitting they were wrong, which very rarely occurs, they just mute, or leave the conversation. When this happens, my job is done, and I am satisfied. I don't need to see more.

That person can convert immediately, soon after, some time afterward, maybe the seed starts to do its effect in 50 years. We don't know, and don't need to know. What we need, is asking the Lord for grace, that he directs us, and fills our heart with the holy spirit to convey the message that our interlocutor needs to hear.

The rest, leave it to God. He is powerful enough to save those that were chosen before the foundation of the world.

280My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:05 am

Otangelo

Admin

One reason I think many have distanced themselves from God and prefer to live autonomously is a false understanding of God's character. If you ask an atheist, why he is an atheist, most commonly he will say: There is no evidence for God. But when you dig deeper, then, soon after, he will say: But the God of the Old Testament, is a tyrant. A genocide, a fearmonger, someone that condons slavery etc. How many times have we all heard that? Many also have difficulty leading with sin. Things they know, they do, that are not right, but do it anyway. So the idea that God is looking upon their shoulders is discomforting.

Recently, I heard an atheist say: Well, the idea that I can do whatever I want, without having to care or fear that God is watching, is amazing. He confessed that openly. I think, many think the same, but hesitate to confess it. Truth is, sin separates us from God. And simply denying God doesn't help. I doubt there is ONE atheist that is able to ignore the knowledge of God completely.

What I think, IMHO is that they are not aware of how much God loves us. Not only that. When we know God, who he truly is, we cannot then be amazed about Him. I at least am. I think about His immense incomprehensible power, able to create this unfathomably large universe with all the stars, galaxies, and all precisely adjusted like clockwork. I think about the sublime laws that govern all the physical, His power that hold every single atom together. That created Pauli's exclusion principle and Bohr's rule of quantization. If everything else in our universe would be equal, but just these two laws were not in place, no deal. There would be no atoms, no molecules, no life.

God's intelligence and wisdom are far beyond ours!!

I'll not ramble about biochemistry, otherwise, I won't stop. All I want to say is: God makes it worth living. He is the source of all good. He IS good. And he loves to bless us. He is faithful, and cares in special about those that are obedient, and belong to Him, and even those that rebel against Him.

If you disbelieve because you have some emotional block, reconsider. Maybe you start, giving it a new try. Talk to God, and let Him surprise you. I am not surprised, if you ask and seek, He will !!

281My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Wealth, power, family, worldly pleasures can never give us the answers to why we exist, peace and joy into our hearts. They all lead to dead ends: these are empty promises. But that is what the world wants to make us believe. We should hope that we can find true happiness and fulfillment in this life, through these things. But why is it then, that people enjoy everything that this life and existence can give us, live in depression? The most important thing that we need as humans are love. To be loved. Security and comfort do not come first.

Love does. Either there is a loving father, a creator God that made us motivated by his love, or not, and then we are left to believe that a cold, soulless mechanistic universe with no goals made us by a stochastic lucky accident, as a byproduct of stars. Our existence then is grounded in no love, no ultimate meaning, and hope for eternal life is not warranted.

Isn't it interesting that God describes the born again church, the body of Christ, as his bride? The feminine? Those that think God is misogynistic, might think twice. God loves women that much, that he granted it to a woman to see first the risen Christ. The most emotion-loaded spoken exchange in human history occurred between the risen Christ and Mary Magdalene.

“I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out, ‘Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure’—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, ‘Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb’” (Revelation 19:6-9).

Christianity is not about an impersonal religion, but a personal loving relationship of God, our creator, with his bride, the body of Christ, with each of us being a member, being born-again through the holy spirit, made new, by washing our sins through the blood of Christ. Christians have peace and hope in their heart. And know that above anything, we are loved by God.

Those that reject God, remain with the illusionary things that this world offers. It will soon be over. And it does not satiate the soul of anyone. Those that believe and follow Christ, have the most important that we can find: A relationship with out creator.

282My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:40 pm

Otangelo

Admin

God gives us food for our brains. He gives us an entire universe, planet earth, and the microworld to explore. He gives us Him, to explore who he is. Both realities, the physical, and the one beyond are both full of mysteries. Unraveling them and finding new hidden treasures sets us in awe. That's what science, philosophy, and theology are all about. In a God-world, nothing is boring.

In a No-God world, however, the same motivation is lacking. It's just about attempting to find reasons to deny God, and the result is that there is no loving God waiting at the end of the journey. Just a pity, empty, sad, material soulless universe without sentiments, without love. Its just matter. Matter, that matters to us. But we do not matter to it.

The God-world is a world of life. Everything starts with the living God that created us upon his image. And our journey, starting without knowing anything, ends in the arms of a living, loving God that reveals Himself to us, starting now, and into all eternity.

The No-God world is a world of death. It starts with a dead, life, and soulless universe, and we happen to be an intruder by happenstance. A fortunate accident, which produced thoughts suddenly through swirling atoms and molecules, but will soon end, and all our experiences will cease to exist, and go back to where they came from. Dead atoms. Does that make any sense?

I prefer a God-world, where we celebrate life, and not a No-God world, where everything is an illusion. The essence of it is death.

283My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:57 am

Otangelo

Admin

We do not preach a fluffy God, which is just/only loving, caring, graceful, and forgiving. But also a just God, which hates evil and sin, and will judge all evil and deal with it properly. His love is expressed in the highest form through the atonement, and Christs suffering on the cross. Gods dealing with sin has been demonstrated in the course of history, where God has judged humanity on various occasions. God did also not exempt the Jews, the chosen people. Preaching the gospel and the good news means also calling out people to repent, being born again, and following Christ.

284My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:38 pm

Otangelo

Admin

In a naturalistic worldview, everything starts with the inanimated matter and ends with the heat death of the universe.
In a Christian worldview, everything starts with a living eternal God and creator, that created a finite universe, and when it ends, there will be billions of people who enjoy eternal life in heaven with their loving creator. Those that rejected Him, will get their wishes as well fulfilled.

One is a cult of death, the other celebration of life.
In a No-God world, there is no objective moral truth, and evil, suffering and pain inflicted by man against his next might find some punishment through the human justice system, but most crimes, and evil, will remain unpunished. That means, without God, this is an essentially unjust world.

In a God-world, God, a moral being, sets the standard of good and bad, and ought to be's. He is the moral authority that enforces how we ought to live and treat our neighbors. Those that have suffered evil, and the perpetrator that has never been caught, will eventually die, and the criminal be judged gets a righteous judgment based on his doings. The victim that believes in God, might have hope, that evil, one day, will find its righteous judgment.

The Christian worldview is a world, where life, love, and justice reign. Even if there is temporally evil in the world.
In the No-God world, no hope, but death awaits us, and all evil that has been done in between birth and death, will in most cases never be punished. And the victim of a crime will never see justice, and the criminal that was never caught, gets a free pass.

285My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:24 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Many Christians are still putting money and wealth far too high on their priority list in life. It's important, yes. We all need it. yes. We all want to have comfort, freedom, and security. But Jesus was very clear. He said, for what accumulating wealth here on earth, when we will all have to leave it behind when we die?

It's enough that we have what is necessary to attend to our basic needs: clothes, food, a roof above us. When I use my cell phone, and I am on a waiting line with spare time, I often open google, and I get automatically my newsfeed. I don't know what algorithm they use, but I often get topics that praise the riches of the richest. Bezos, Musk, their wealth, their yachts, etc. Then I ask myself: So what?

There are so many, that have incredible talents, and use them just to make money. That's ok, as long as the money does not become your master, and your idol, and your everything. When you ask wealthy people about their worldview, often it becomes clear, they have never spent serious time developing it. But I think that is the product of the world we live in.

Satan is the ruler of this world. It is a battle about souls and lives. The world tries to shape, form, and impose its values on us. As born again in Christ, we ought to see what the spirit of this world is and be a force against it. What matters in this life is God. Is our next. Is people. Everything else should be secondary.

286My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Otangelo

Admin

The universe operates based on software, and hardware ( The laws of physics dictate the behavior of the physical realm. The same occurs in the cell, where the software, instructions, dictate the making and operation of the cell. In both cases there is interdependence. One cannot work without the other. In both cases, also, one, the software, is not physical, while the other is.
So it is the non-physical is implemented to operate the physical, in the realm of the macro, and in the microworld.
What does that tell us?

287My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:03 am

Otangelo

Admin

Man's egocentricity, versus a God-centred life

Man is egocentric. Our nature is, that we give priority to ourselves, our wishes, and our will. We constantly analyze the world in relation to what it can give to us. When an atheist claims that there is no evidence for God's existence, what he implicitly declares, is that, there is no God according to his taste. Atheists claim they want the truth. But the truth has to be according to their taste. They are looking for a God that fulfills their hope. That does not interfere in their life, but condones their sins and inclinations and turns a blind eye on them. A God that does not demand repentance for evil doing.

Man is inclined to fabricate his own God, that serves him. That's where there are many idols out there. Gods, saints, angels, spiritual figures that we seek to help us get what we want, according to our, not God's will.

When atheists claim that the God of the Bible is evil, they just use a parlors trick to claim that God is not qualified to be regarded as morally good, because he supposedly condones genocide, slavery, and drowning babies, and therefore, should have no business to tell them what the ought to be's are. That goes to the point, where the atheist claims that he is morally superior to God ( he just doesn't tell upon which standard). So he thinks that his state of affairs is better without anyone above him that tells him how he ought to behave and to live his life. He wants to be his own god and tailor the moral standard upon which to live on his own. Essentially, rejecting God is not a matter of evidence, but morals. Man's heart is darkened, and he loves his evil deeds more than the light. He loves the world more than God. He loves his lifestyle more than what God has to say about how we ought to live our lives.

It is a fight between my I, and God. Either God is the center of our lives, or we are. Either God is the one that we look up at every day, and seek him and to do his will, the center of everything, and we ought to live to serve him, or we cut the laces, and ought to live to serve ourselves. Human will is stronger than steel, and so to bring man to repentance is often preceded by a great internal fight. Man not rarely comes to God in his greatest despair, when he has tried everything to find fulfillment in his selfish lifestyle, excluding God, and trusting himself, and it has led him into ruins. When he sees no way out, he cries out to God, which can become a turning point. There is a dictum: Some come to God by love, and some by pain. There is a great truth here. Better to come to God by love, because, pain, can be very painful.

288My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:21 am

Otangelo

Admin

Many Christians are bonded to sin. Things in their life, that they are ashamed of. That they want to give up, but keep falling. That can be smoking, drugs, sex, porn etc. But the Lord said:
John 8:36 if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
You might intellectually agree with that, but not seeing it in practice, in your daily life. Who is to be blamed? Probably you, right? So what is the problem?
Matthew 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
The key is prayer. Who prays, overcomes sin. If you don't overcome sin, its because you don't pray enough, just here and there, or insistently enough, or not faithfully enough.
God does not give his gifts from distance, but we have to come to the Lords throne, in humbleness, and ask Him to enpower us every day through the holy spirit.
When we don't, then temptation overcomes us, is stronger than we are, and rather than respect and walk in Gods will and in the lord and in the power of the holy spirit, we do in ours, in the flesh, and sucumb to temptation.
The best way to pray in my experience is to create a routine. In my daily life, the best moment is in the morning, when i wake up. I sit on the bed and pray, and ask the Lord to guide me during the day. For someone else it can be during the day, or at night before sleeping. It doesn't matter. Important however is not to neglect it.
1. Peter 5: 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Being alert means, not neglecting prayer. Once you start forgetting to pray, first it happens once a week. Then twice. Then one day you pray, the next you don't. In the end, you do it irregularly, and Luci Fer has reached his goal, and you are a playball of the flesh, and the spirits of temptation.
(Eph. 6:12) “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places”
“Prayer is a shield to the soul.”– John Bunyan
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
In my church in Switzerland, as a young convert, they called it Stille Zeit. Or " quiet time" with the Lord. The recommendation was to read 2 or 3 chapters in the Bible, and praying, about 10 to 15 min every day.
I think that is a good recipe.

289My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 am

Otangelo

Admin

Just 3 basic components compose atoms: electrons, protons, and neutrons. But they give rise to the entire periodic table. Variety from simplicity.
While cells are fundamentally built based on four basic building blocks, and 3 main domains, they are all similar inside, and operate based on similar mechanisms, They are all based on a common molecular code, and energy generating mechanism. But they are responsible for the enormous variety of life forms on earth.
All physical and biological forms have therefore a counterpoint between two opposites: surprising variety as a product; astonishing constancy in fundamental mechanisms.
Some claim that God does not use parsimonious principles, and Occam's razor, over engineering things without necessity. The two examples above however shows the exact contrary.

290My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:30 am

Otangelo

Admin

Atheism is a real monster. It removes your hope of eternal life. It makes you believe that a No - God world is more desirable, gives you true autonomy, freedom, independence and that you can manage your life without requiring God's wisdom, help, and direction. It makes you believe that you can establish your own morals and meaning, and that perfectly suffices. Good and bad depends on how you define it. It makes you believe that your emotional needs are better attended to without God. Religions are intruders, and bad for society.

291My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:10 pm

Otangelo

Admin

There are three big mysteries involving the origin of life.
1. The origin of the building blocks of life
2. The origin of the information that drives chemistry to become biology
3. The origin of consciousness, language, and logic.
All three are unexplained by a materialistic framework but find a compelling explanation when an intelligent agency is brought into the picture.

292My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:22 am

Otangelo

Admin

If God exists, and he made us, then all that matters is, what matters to Him.

293My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:25 am

Otangelo

Admin

God. Or no God. That's the question....

From a primordial soup of energy to the universe, from atoms to galaxies: It all has a reason and an explanation to be. If there is no God, then the reason is that random unguided stochastic events, happenstance by luck coming from nowhere, without a grounding foundation, somehow created the conditions for these structures to emerge, behave in a stable manner without anything securing their stability, continuity, and permitting intelligibility. Physical laws, coming from nowhere, operating based on mathematical principles, imposing physical behavior. For no reason, the right parameters were being selected, amongst an infinite range of alternative possibilities, (that would produce only a lifeless universe or no universe at all.) The just-right imbalance was created, just so, to permit that stars, galaxies, and planets would form from the outwards rushing particles. Electrons, jiggling just right, by happenstance, permitting that stable matter could form.
How does that make any sense?

On the other side, an all-powerful, conscious, intelligent agent, endowed with will, goals, and purpose, can have made all these things. Selected the physical laws, imposing them on matter, adjusting everything like a clock, bringing all the intricate parts and forces together into the right functional relationships, and winding up the universe like a clock, and making it start to tick and work, and go on its own. THAT makes sense.

Some have argued, that God could not have produced energy from non-enery, matter from non-matter, space from no space since only equal creates equal. I agree, ex-nihilo is mind-boggling. And so the mind-physical relationship, where the mind orders how the physical has to behave. Nobody knows the how and why's. But it works. A theist has his limitations, and cannot explain what God has not revealed to us. But that doesn't mean that theism is still, by far, the far more reasonable, plausible, probable explanation for the origin of the universe, than no God at all.

An eternal, conscious, powerful mind grounds everything. There is no alternative.

294My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:08 am

Otangelo

Admin

Some main reasons that evidence the necessity of an intelligent creator are :

1. Physical reality is grounded by mathematical principles, that ordain how the physical world operates. Math is a product of the mind.
2. The fact that the building blocks, from atoms to molecules, necessary for life,  must be selected, constructed, assembled, and their stability "secured'.
3. Energy must be created. The relationship of the four fundamental forces must be just right, or no deal - no atoms, no stars, no planets.
4. The energy currency of life, ATP, must be created through ATP molecules, which are themselves created through complex molecular assembly lines, and "charged" through ATP synthase nano turbines.
5. ATP Energy must be "shuttled", or precisely directed to where needed for proteins, the molecular machines of the cell, to perform their work.
6. Several layers of complexity, starting from physics, to biochemistry, and biology, must be created, to get to the crown of all lifeforms, human life. Each layer depends on a deeper layer, starting with the universe itself.
7. A minimal number of parts is necessary to instantiate the complexity to get to life and biodiversity. Each of these parts performs no function on its own, and since there is an infinity in sequence space that could get to each of these parts, chance cannot explain their specificity.
8. Instructional information instantiation and expression is necessary to make and operate life.
9. Life depends on semantophoretic, or information-bearing molecules, like mRNA, and DNA, information encoding, transmission, decoding, or in other words, transcription, and translation, based on complex nano-machines ( RNA polymerase, ribosomes ), which constitute interdependent irreducible systems.
10. Consciousness, the mind, language & the principles of logic are essentially and fundamentally non-physical, and cannot be an emergent property of physical stuff, matter, swirling electrons, neurons, or an agglomerate of neurons. Only a superpowerful mind can create equals.

None of each of the mentioned points can be instantiated by any alternative means besides an intelligent agent with goals, foresight, and purpose-driven. Everything in biology has a purpose, in contrast to the structure of lifeless things like rocks, which structure is purposeless. Purpose requires a purpose-giver. Teleology is evidence of God, and hard to be removed from life-sciences.

The universe, stars, planets, ecosystems, life, biodiversity, all point to the power of God and give Him glory. We have as the only creatures in this universe the gift to recognize all this and give God glory. We are creatures with extraordinary dignity because we are made in the image of God.

And so, we have also not only the capacity to do science, and discover all these amazing facts described above, but also to imitate them for our own benefit.  
Everything is made by God, and for God. Our lives are made to glorify Him.

295My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:30 am

Otangelo

Admin

Naturalism has failed the test in every instance. Predictions based on naturalism have not been confirmed, nor met. Its irrelevant that atheists tell otherwise. The common claim is that every natural phenomena has been explained with a natural explanation. Like lighthing, for example. Sure, science has moved forward, and unlifted many secrets. But when it comes to the bottom of the issues, there is always a questionmark. And once that is met, the common cop out is: Because "we" have not firgured out yet, doesn't mean, God did it. But that is a cheap excuse. Its not that science has not uplifted all possibilities. Quite the contrary. It has done so in many instantces, and non-intelligent causes simply have failed to fit the bill. In physics, often things only work, if a correcting factor is included. Like in Planck's constant, for example. The same occurs to explain reality. Once intelligence is included in the explanatory toolkit, suddenly everything starts to make sense. God did it is not a cheap escape. It is a logical, rational inference based on the evidence.

The origin and finetuning of the universe, governed by laws of phyics, requires a cause that triggered the expansion rate of the Big bang in a precise, adjusted way. That mechanism also instantiated the laws which secure the way the universe operates in an orderly and predictable manner. Otherwise, the forces operating in the universe could/be oscillating, and changing constantly in a stochastic way, impossiblitating the existence of a universe at all.

When it comes to explain basically every single natural phenomena, we see the footprints and fingerprints of a powerful, intelligent creator, which made all things for specific purposes. God displays not only his supreme, unfathomable intelligence and power in creation, but also his love, righteousness, and grace through the history that he started with Abraham, selecting a chosen tribe, Israel, giving his covenants, laws, and culminating with the coming of God incarnate, Jesus Christ, paying for our sins on the cross.

God is truly worth of our praise and worship, and to know Him is what makes life worth being lived. He is the beginner of our faith, and will lead us to eternal life in his presence. The more we know and discover, the more we find reasons to praise Him.

Praise to the Lord. He is the almighty, the mercyful, the good, the loving, the graceful. Praise to Him for all eternity. Amen.

296My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:41 am

Otangelo

Admin

Humanistic morality proposes human well-being as the goal. Matthew 7:12: “In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. . . .” John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Both core versicles in the Bible promote well-being. Therefore, the proposal of the God of the Bible meets the humanistically set standard.

Nonetheless, atheists commonly ignore, neglect, and dismiss it, and focus on other things, that they think to blow wind in their sails, to substantiate their rejection of the God of the Bible.

Once done so, what is left, once the God of the Bible is removed and dismissed, is autonomy. Autonomous reasoning. But once there is no God that looks upon our shoulders, and there is a feeling of "freedom", men also focus on their own desires. And they are ego-centered. Ego-centrism is the opposite of love. I first. And that is the source of wars, greed, and all human manifestations of evil.

Humanism is evil. Christianity is good. A God-centred life produces good. An ego-centered life produces evil.

That has been observed and confirmed in all human history.

297My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:57 am

Otangelo

Admin

God is the best explanation for the existence of life.

Life depends on instructional complex information stored in a stable DNA molecule, that has the function of a computer hard drive. Information that is encoded, transmitted, and decoded by very complex molecular machines.  That information governs the making and operating of irreducibly complex machines, production lines, metabolic pathways,  and the operation of self-replicating and reproducing cell factories, able to adapt to the environment and keep their internal homeostatic milieu. It depends on the four basic specified complex building blocks, and energy in the form of complex ATP molecules, the energy currency in the cell. It depends on the ability to the uptake of nutrition, and ability of waste disposal, and recycling. It depends on the program that knows how to direct the growth and development, permanence, and change. All these features are irreducible, and each of them is life essential. If one is missing, no life.

Let me make a confession here. I am incredulous that such a staggeringly complex molecular chemical factory could emerge by unguided random events on the early earth, without the input of an intelligent agent, super-powerful, with intelligence, goals, foresight, will, and purpose, to bring forth biological life, which is essentially composed of parts, that are all only functional if summed up, contributing to the higher-order, but individually, have no function at all. I am credulous that intelligence is capable, non-intelligence is not, and that only intelligence can instantiate the transition from chemical non-life, to biological life.

Denton: Evolution, A Theory in Crisis, page 249
We now know not only of the existence of a break between the living and non-living world but also that it represents the most dramatic and fundamental of all the discontinuities of nature. Between a living cell and the most highly ordered non-biological system, such as a crystal or a snowflake, there is a chasm as vast and absolute as it is possible to conceive.

Lynn Margulis:
To go from a bacterium to people is less of a step than to go from a mixture of amino acids to a bacterium.

Of course, if someone is desperate to deny a creator, like Richard Dawkins, that person can resort to aliens. But then the enigma is just pushed back a step further. Who or what made these aliens?

This is also not an argument from ignorance. To say: There are swirling potatoes surrounding mars, prove me wrong - that is an argument from ignorance. I make up a claim that I cannot back up - and ask others to disprove it. No. I am saying that we know by our own experience as beings like us equipped with intelligence, that we are capable of instantiating a codified description of a device for specific purposes in digital form, a blueprint,  stored on a hard disk, and the know-how to instantiate the information transition machinery that encodes, transmits, and decodes the information to transform that information of the blueprint into an identical representation in analog 3D form, the physical 'reality' of that description.  There is no need to make predictions and test if it is possible. We already know it is by our own experience.

Cells have a codified description of themselves in digital form stored in genes and have the machinery to transform that blueprint through information transfer into an identical representation in analog 3D form, the physical 'reality' of that description. Using Bayesian probability, or abductive reasoning, an intelligent cause is the best explanation.

You can also object that we have never seen God creating life. That's true. Neither have we, that natural causes did it. What is, is the path to the cause. We can make logical inferences to the best explanation.

“If the analogy of two phenomena be very close and striking, while, at the same time, the cause of one is very obvious, it becomes scarcely possible to refuse to admit the action of an analogous cause in the other, though not so obvious in itself.”

We can infer, using logical, rational reasoning, that intelligence is the more case-adequate causal principle, rather than unguided stochastic, random events. Asking, HOW God did it, is asking for an explanation of the explanation.

What's the Mechanism of Intelligent Design?

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t1794-how-exactly-did-god-create-the-universe-and-the-world-what-process-was-involved

W.L.Craig: First, in order to recognize an explanation as the best, one needn't have an explanation of the explanation. This is an elementary point concerning inference to the best explanation as practiced in the philosophy of science. If archaeologists digging in the earth were to discover things looking like arrowheads and hatchet heads and pottery shards, they would be justified in inferring that these artifacts are not the chance result of sedimentation and metamorphosis, but products of some unknown group of people, even though they had no explanation of who these people were or where they came from. Similarly, if astronauts were to come upon a pile of machinery on the backside of the moon, they would be justified in inferring that it was the product of intelligent, extra-terrestrial agents, even if they had no idea whatsoever who these extra-terrestrial agents were or how they got there. In order to recognize an explanation as the best, one needn't be able to explain the explanation. In fact, so requiring would lead to an infinite regress of explanations, so that nothing could ever be explained and science would be destroyed. So in the case at hand, in order to recognize that intelligent design is the best explanation of the appearance of design in the universe, one needn't be able to explain the designer.

I have not enough faith to be an atheist. Why do you?

The factory maker argument
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2245-abiogenesis-the-factory-maker-argument

My dictums - Page 12 Last_u11

298My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:31 am

Otangelo

Admin

Evil is real and in front of us every day.
God is real, he has revealed Himself to us. His word tells us about our condition and explains the why of the state of affairs we live in.
God has also set a date, where all evil will be judged. It's a judgment day.
Those that put their faith in Jesus, obey and follow Him as a consequence of their faith, will find grace.
Those that reject Christ, will get their bill on judgment day.
God is not a man to lie. He does not only tell the truth. His nature is truth. He IS the truth.
Therefore, every single word of His Word, we'd do good to take it very very seriously, and believe it.
The fool says in his heart: There is no God.
Hard will be his awakening when he realizes that he was wrong and that there is no way back.
Daniel 12:3
Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

299My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sun May 01, 2022 6:35 am

Otangelo

Admin

Death is the opposite of life. Love depends always on two people. It can be expressed one way or two ways. One can love the other, without the other loving back. Or there can be reciprocity. Love is dead, or non-existing when both parties do not love each other. God did not only create us but express the deepest love possible. He became flesh in Jesus Christ, to die for our sins, and to redeem and save us from hell because of our sins. One way of love has been established and proven in its deepest possible sense and expression.
Those in rebellion against God can express it either in indifference, or open rebellion against the almighty, and fight against Him. Or by denying his existence. We all know how much it hurts, when we are in love with someone, and that other reacts with indifference. God has created and loves the whole world, but most people rather than respond, prefer to deny that God even exists, despite the overwhelming evidence in scriptures, and the natural world. No relationship can be established when one side denies it. We see how much God did fight against Israel because they went after idols, which God brand marked as going after whores.

Those that reject God, and claim that the Bible is a fabrication, a human invention, fables, are basically accusing God of lying. But God is not a man to lie. He did inspire the authors of the Bible, through the holy spirit. That's why unbelievers are inexcusable. Disbelief is sinning against the holy spirit, is sinning by denying the truth, that it's true, and upholding lies. That's why in Revelation 21.8, two are mentioned that are reprobate: Liars and unbelievers.

People play with God, but God does not play with us. Dealing with God is a serious business, and we'd do good to take God seriously, and so his word.
2 Peter 3:2-3

That you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Numbers 23:19
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Romans 2:6
God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”

300My dictums - Page 12 Empty Re: My dictums Sun May 01, 2022 6:35 am

Otangelo

Admin

One very common trait amongst unbelievers and active, militant atheists, is pride. The unregenerate man has not only the tendency to be self-righteous in regard to morals but wants to be always right in regards to what they uphold as true. And they not rarely think that they have a superior education, and knowledge, to their opponents, which believe in creation. It takes courage and humility to admit when we are wrong. But many atheists want to erect and uphold their Zombie worldview as true at all costs. Many, if not most times, sacrifice reason and rationality, defending views, that take much more faith than creationism. Multiverses, life from non-life, consciousness from matter, morality through evolution, the claim that Christ is not a historical figure, and neither Moses nor Noah - they have to shoot in all directions.

But when pressed hard, they have to admit: " We don't know. There is nothing wrong to be humble to admit that we don't know, but science is working on it". The famous materialism of the gaps argument. But they are desperate that we all should not only know but become convinced that ignorance is bliss. Why? Go figure. We deal with human nature, which is complex, and many times, incomprehensible. Our motivations come from our hearts. And the Bible says:

◄ Jeremiah 17:9 ►
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum