ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My dictums

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

251My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Otangelo

Admin

God is the ultimate mystery of why he is, but at the same time, the only probable and plausible explanation for our existence

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

252My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:29 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Yesterday, i had a conversation with an atheist, that knows me from YouTube streams for more than a year. He was also at my channel, The God Talk. He sad to me: I need to confess you something: You have good arguments, and i have never seen an atheist substantially refuting them. Of course, i did like what he said. But the point here is: He remains an atheist. That is interesting.
It tells us something. Only the intellectual recognition that there is a God, or that God is the best explanation for our existence, or even that it might be the Christian God, does not make us automatically a believer. There has to be more. Namely will. There has to be the will to actually become a believer. So, intellectual recognition of theism/Christianity as the best, case-adequate worldview, is one thing. Surrendering to Christ, and actually becoming a believer, depends on more. One has to WILL to enter the kingdom of God. To become a follower of Christ. To live under his lordship. Once i heard to dictate: Some come to the lord by pain. Others by love. I came by pain, by seeking a way out of my depression, when i was a teenager. I thought that God might heal me. He did, and i willed to start the journey to know God. There are all kind of different conversion stories, and reasons why people convert to Christ. What i want to say, is: We can have the best arguments in a debate with atheists. They won't convert anyone. Who/what converts, is the calling of the holy spirit of the unbeliever. We are instruments, but have to leave it to God to call out and change hearts. Its HIS business
Philippians 2.13: for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

253My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:45 pm

Otangelo

Admin

The emergent properties of the macro-cosmos, the micro-cosmos of subatomic particles, and all in between, in special the properties of living cells, are specified, finely adjusted, and complex. Specifying things for specific outcomes and purposes requires someone with foresight that knows the properties of what certain specific things must have to get specific outcomes, and has to specify the building blocks to instantiate the higher-order complexity. In the physical universe, the special arrangement of quarks makes up protons, neutrons, and together with surrounding electrons, atoms. The specification and hierarchy of the four fundamental forces are essential ingredients to make atoms and the hundreds of different variegate atoms, as specified in the periodic table. The highly complex order and arrangement of atoms permit the composition of the basic building blocks of life, and through them, the make of macro-molecules, and proteins, organelles, interconnected metabolic pathways, and cell factories. Again: specification, fine-tuning, and adjustment are key. The non-mental natural does not select for specific future functional purposeful outcomes. Intelligence does. Emergent properties like life are clear evidence of design. Life is based on cells, Cells are based on irreducible, and specified complexity. Both depend on the creative action of an intelligent designer.

254My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:28 am

Otangelo

Admin

Christ's tomb was secured with a one-ton stone. It was secured by Roman guards. None of this did secure his resurrection.
John 20:11: Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus’ body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?” “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” She turned around and saw Jesus standing there. Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
Her crying out is one of the most dramatic and touching passages in the Bible. It expresses surprise, relief, love, joy, admiration, hope, a wonderful change from sadness to happiness. That sentiment has echoed in all subsequent history wherever people from all backgrounds and nations read the Bible, and this passage, and literally revive and imagine this dramatic remarkable moment, and take it on faith.
Death was unable to overcome Christ, the eternal I AM.
How do atheists think they can win, and tear down the faith that burns in the heart of believers, that have been redeemed, washed, purified, forgiven, and saved, tasted God's glory, power, and love, and live now with hope in their heart to live forever with their creator?
In as much as death was not able to secure Christ in the tomb, nothing can kill the faith of those that trust in Christ, and are born again.

255My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Cells are cities full of factories, that are full of machines, that are made based on instructional information stored in DNA, using a language composed of codon "words", which form a genetic code. Such things, very obviously, arise only from intelligence with foreknowledge, foresight, and intent.

256My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:22 am

Otangelo

Admin

If we stand strong, like a lighthouse tower, the waves of lies, like multiverses, abiogenesis, and evolution the naturalistic explanations of our origins, can be like waves that constantly break with force and mighty power on the bricks of the tower, but they will not prevail, but always regress back to where they came from. The abyss of the dark. The truth always prevails.

257My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:53 am

Otangelo

Admin

There are many things that influence our lives, and shape the way we are. Family, education, profession, friends, governments, our social status, economical situation, etc. But nothing even compares to what most fundamentally influences and changes who we are: Being born again in the spirit of God. That changes everything. It changes how we think, our knowledge and relationship to God, and how we relate to others.
The break between the non-regenerated and regenerated man in the holy spirit represents the most dramatic and fundamental of all the discontinuities of man's life. Between a sinner, son of the world, and a born-again Christian, follower of Christ, there is a chasm as vast and absolute as it is possible to conceive.
That is the REAL answer to humanity. You must be born again.
Have you not received the holy spirit yet?
How you can get Saved!
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2501-how-you-can...
A mind, and a heart, that is touched by the experience of knowing God by the message of the gospel, Christs sacrifice, proof of the unfathomable love of our heavenly father, and HIS amazing grace, is born again, can not and will never get back to its old dimensions.

258My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:20 am

Otangelo

Admin

A few months back, I was commenting on a stream at Speedofsound's channel, today Answersinatheism. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was about information in biology, and how it smackingly points to a creator.

Speed replied, paraphrasing: It's all sound and good, but ya know, we are atheists.

That was very telling. It is not reality and truth that guides many unbelievers in their thinking, epistemology, and what they propagate and endorse. It's what they identify with.
If their identity is as atheists, then they reject anything that goes against their worldview, no matter how true, how obvious, how plausible, logical, and probable.

This is what I have identified and written about in some recent posts. The battle about worldviews is not about gaining hearts with truth. It is a moral issue. It has to do with will.
When someone values his autonomy and independence from God more than knowing, appreciating, worshipping, loving, recognizing, and admiring Gods divinity, power, deep love and justice, and following His step, as a follower of Christ, then the consequence will be to live a life as apatheist, someone that is apathetic to the God quest ( probably a big majority of atheists ), they simply don't care and are not interested in regards of God, or live in open rebellion to Him, rejecting Him, claiming that it is justified to oppose God, because he is immoral ( The God of the Bible, in special in the Old Testament ).

We, believers, in the other hand, will keep being light in a world that dwells in darkness, giving glory to Him, and making Him known to those that are thirsty in their souls, and want to find truth and meaning in their lives.

259My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Otangelo

Admin

I think, therefore I believe in a creator

260My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:56 am

Otangelo

Admin

Scientists do not know how life started,  not because they have not looked hard enough, but because they have looked everywhere, and each road based on a naturalistic presupposition or hypothesis, has led to a dead-end street.  Reasons to a paradigm shift have been on the table for decades, but when the alternative to natural causes, namely divine creation, is rejected a priori based on a bad philosophical framework around science, and unwarranted bias, and cheap excuses, that shift will simply not occur, and the result is a confession of ignorance, with the attempt to justify that ignorance and dress it with a name that sounds good: agnosticism.

261My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 am

Otangelo

Admin

The narrative of natural causal principles goes always bottom-up, from simple to complex, without an end goal since matter has no goals. In contrast, in the proposition of intelligent creation, instructional assembly information, that directs the making and operation of interdependent, irreducible multicomponent machines and factories are the result of a top down process where the final result is known beforehand, at the beginning, by the designer and is achieved with purpose. Design in nature without a designer is a contradiction in terms. Design requires BY DEFINITION a designer. Design starts always in the mind of the designer, which elaborates a plan to solve specific problems, attending specific necessities. The creator has a goal in mind, and elaborates a road map, a plan, a blueprint, a floorplan, to achieve the specific goal. Cities full of factories are not evolved cities. All cities are designed. Factories full of machines and streets that interlink them don’t ‘pop up’; they are put there by conscious agents acting with purposes. And the changes of landscapes that take place in cities that are not the product of an architect, such as erosion, wind, wear etc. are changes that are immediately recognized as the product of natural forces, not conscious purposeful design. One can easily recognize the difference between a written message on a metal sheet, and rust. Biology is replete with examples of design, for that reason, it is easy to make analogies of biological complex structures, to manmade complex structures. Creationism and Naturalism are two opposing inferences based on the evidence observed in biology. We can draw analogies to what humans do. Intelligent design can be falsified by confirming naturalistic mechanisms not involving a mind. Eliminative induction confirms Intelligent design if abiogenesis and evolution do not have supporting evidence.

262My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:49 am

Otangelo

Admin

The universe had a beginning, therefore a cause, but we are incapable and not intelligent and rational enough to make sound inferences in regards to the nature of the cause?
The origin of life can't be explained by unguided physical and chemical processes, and scientists have failed to explain even in principle how chemicals could self-assemble to become self-replicating, extremely complex factory complexes full of interlocked machines, computers, and information processing, but nonetheless, nature did it, without the requirement of a superintellect?
The obvious design of living things both at the visible and on the molecular level, instructional and irreducible complexity requires the activity of no powerful creator?
Human consciousness, self-awareness, intelligence, the capability of using logic and language should be the product of electrons floating around protons and neutrons?
Science and observation point to no intelligent creator?
Ask atheists how they explain these things, and let them hang themselves. Their explanations will be a festival of pseudo-science, just-so stories, and narratives that include multiverses ( its a theory, even if they have never been tested and observed 😄), abiogenesis ( a failed hypothesis for over 70 years ), evolution ( we have never seen an organism becoming another one with new, different features, like a bacteria transforming into eukaryotic algae, but hey, its a theory and the majority of biologists holds to it ), and consciousness is a product of the brain ( another unwarranted claim).
It is in special a show for amusement ( if it were not sad) when they make their claims, and give their narrative, with the attitude of: " I know what I am talking about ", and " I am smart, you are stuuupid", and " I hold to reality, you to magic". Dunning & Krugers at their peak. So lovely.....

My dictums - Page 11 Fire_n10

263My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:22 am

Otangelo

Admin

Atheist shows on YouTube, no exception, are not tailored to ask theists for evidence of God's existence, and if such is presented, to acknowledge it, and surrender to God. The hosts, ALL of them that know of, are close-minded and are looking actively to destroy the theist's beliefs and make them one of them. They do not want the truth, no matter what it is. They want the truth that they want to be true, no matter if it's ACTUALLY true, or not. That makes their enterprise entirely dishonest.  Atheism is not about true, warranted belief. It is only and exclusively about giving the middle finger to God, and telling him that they want to live independently to Him.

Last edited by Otangelo on Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

264My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Otangelo

Admin

A few months back, I was commenting on a stream at Speedofsound's channel, today Answersinatheism. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was about information in biology, and how it smackingly points to a creator.
Speed replied, paraphrasing: It's all sound and good, but ya know, we are atheists.
That was very telling. It is not reality and truth that guides many unbelievers in their thinking, epistemology, and what they propagate and endorse. It's what they identify with.
If their identity is as atheists, then they reject anything that goes against their worldview, no matter how true, how obvious, how plausible, logical, and probable.
This is what I have identified and written about in some recent posts. The battle about worldviews is not about gaining hearts with truth. It is a moral issue. It has to do with will.
When someone values his autonomy and independence from God more than knowing, appreciating, worshipping, loving, recognizing, and admiring Gods divinity, power, deep love and justice, and following His step, as a follower of Christ, then the consequence will be to live a life as apatheist, someone that is apathetic to the God quest ( probably a big majority of atheists ), they simply don't care and are not interested in regards of God, or live in open rebellion to Him, rejecting Him, claiming that it is justified to oppose God, because he is immoral ( The God of the Bible, in special in the Old Testament ).
We, believers, in the other hand, will keep being light in a world that dwells in darkness, giving glory to Him, and making Him known to those that are thirsty in their souls, and want to find truth and meaning in their lives.

265My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:20 pm

Otangelo

Admin

When an atheist confesses his disbelief in God, and you ask him, what would convince him that God exists, and he answers: I don't know, then he just disqualifies himself for a serious conversation. He should go home, spend some time thinking about what intelligence can do, that non-intelligence can't do. Once he has figured that out, one can have a conversation, and check if there are signs of teleological action in the natural world that point to design. If he is unwilling to do that, he just exposed his bias and unwillingness to permit the evidence to lead wherever it is. He is a timewaster, that does not deserve your time.

266My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:42 am

Otangelo

Admin

God is truth. Satan is a liar.

God is truth. Satan is a liar.
The universe was claimed to be eternal. Until the scientific evidence could not be denied anymore - it had a beginning. So the goalpost is being moved. Now our local universe is claimed to be the effect of a greater cosmos, or multiverse, or cyclical universes, etc.

The universe is governed by laws. It is obvious that the stability of atoms, permitting the existence of stars, and planets depend on the instantiation of these laws, and they have to be secured to permit a universe that is orderly, stable, and intelligible. Nonetheless, naysayers claim that these laws are only discovered and described. Not prescribed.

The Universe is wired in such a way that our existence is possible. It is adjusted to permit life on many levels. Naysayers will invoke unwarranted, undetectable, baseless multiverses, each with different constants and laws, and amongst them, ours, by luck, is permitting life - just to deny that a fine-tuner is necessary.

Life depends on information. Information comes from latin, informare. That means to give form, to shape. Only minds with intent can instantiate floorplans and blueprints which instruct how to assemble machines, robotic assembly lines, computers, energy plants, turbines, transistors, factories, interlinked factories. All these things can be observed being in operation in each living cell. But according to the naturalist narrative, those things can emerge randomly.

While Genesis reports that God created each life form separately, each of its kind, as a special creation, about 7 thousand years ago, during the creation week, naysayers claim that there was a prebiotic soup, that gave rise to a universal common ancestor, that speciated, and gave rise to the three domains of life, the tree of life, and biodiversity. From the goo, to a red rose. From the ordinary to the extraordinary. A painter is necessary to paint a rose. But chance & natural selection did the real thing. Amazing.

While the Bible tells us: Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Naysayers tell us that the brain produces consciousness.

While according to the Bible, God tells us what is right and wrong, according to the naysayers, society defines what is moral.
The Bible tells us that Christ is the Son of God, the second person of the triune God, eternal I AM, creator of all the physical world, the word, that became man, to die on the cross for our sins, and to give us eternal life.

Naysayers say that Christ either is a myth, or that he was an ordinary man, or just a good man, or a prophet. Or even that he never died on the cross - all made up. Nothing more.
There is light, and darkness. Truth, and lies. God's narrative, and the serpent's narrative. What Satan said in the garden toEve: Did God really say ?
The same lies and doubts, the serpent seeds in the heart of modern man: Genesis? Bronze age fairy tales...

But I believe in the one that said:
John 14.6: I am the truth
2 Corinthians 4 For God said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory.
Who do you believe?

267My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:40 am

Otangelo

Admin

There isn't the natural and the supernatural. There is reality. Some is accessible and detectable through our senses, and some not

268My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:28 am

Otangelo

Admin

When I read my news feed, constantly it comes up what the super-rich are doing. Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, etc. Many admire them. And it is tempting to do so. But what they have done during their whole life, is serving mammon. And so, many do. Accumulating wealth is the meaning of life and goal set by many. We cannot live without money in this world comfortably. That's true. But one thing is to earn a living. Another is to try to find happiness and meaning by accumulating wealth. Unfortunately, self-serving has also found its way into a distorted gospel, which is the prosperity gospel.

In the parable of the pearl, in Matthew 13.45 it says: “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

I think the pearl of great value is Christ. A true servant of God has discovered that all the wealth of this world is nothing compared to finding and discovering Jesus. He is the fine pearl. In him, we find all treasures of wisdom, and when we start discovering them, it brings us great joy. Serving Jesus means learning who he is, and what he has done, and obeying his commands.

We often consider being a servant something negative. Who does not want rather be served? But serving Jesus brings us great rewards. It is the automatic consequence. One can serve Christ as a pastor, missionary, just as a housewife, or having a regular life, with job and family, at home. Once one directs his eyes to Jesus, everything starts to fit in one's life. Not without problems, but the focus one has, directs one's life.

A successful life is one where one knows its meaning. Love God first, and love your next. Find the precious pearl, and you become rich. All others are not worth dedicating your life. Gold, money, power, they all vanish and will have to be left behind once one dies. But serving Christ means accumulating wealth that remains forever.
What treasures are you after?

269My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:48 am

Otangelo

Admin

Intelligent design is pseudo-science. How many times have we heard this? I think it's not science at all. In as much as common ancestry, and the tree of life isn't. Both propositions are inferences. Therefore philosophy. Both try to explain the past of our world. Both use scientific facts to come to conclusions about the past. The quest, the battle is about which of the two propositions is more case-adequate. The one where intelligence is the main ingredient, or the other where randomness is capable to bring forward amazing incomprehensible complexity on several levels, and extraordinary beauty, besides consciousness.

Jesus Christ does it for me. He is the intelligent designer incarnate. He came to reveal Himself, the father, and the Holy Spirit to us. Those that claim that God is hidden, and complain that God has not made Himself visible to us, have lost the train. All that has happened. And we can know, and enjoy the knowledge about the created world, and its creator. That is what is worth to be talked about. About the great achievements of our great Lord. Unraveling the created order, and being amazed about His unfathomable, unimaginable plan of salvation, revealing His love, which is mysterious, and incomprehensible.

The woman was adultering, worth to be stoned, but Christ said to her: I don't condemn you. Go, and don't sin anymore. This is gracefulness expressed. I can imagine how Christ said that to her in a peaceful manner. Christ is the king of peace. While the world is unforgiving, eager to point the finger at those that do wrong, Christ is eager to cover our sins, wear us white clothes, and make us clean. Yes, God is full of miracles. It is incomprehensible why he can love us despite our sinfulness.

How ashamed do I feel accessing several YouTube channels, supposedly run by Christians, like Smokey Saint, Prais I AM, Nicholas proclaimed of Messiah, full of gossip, talking bad about each other, fighting. Yes, talking bad about others is good sport amongst Christians. I heard the folks that most do gossip are those in the church. Must be true. Sadly. We have so much to do. To unravel God's great mysteries, his creation, his goodness to the world, but prefer being distracted to gossip.

How much must the devil love a gossiping mouth of a Christian, that has nothing better to do than to point out the shortcomings of other brothers and sisters in Christ, and expose their sins. Yeah, he loves that. If we would be able to do an X-ray of the spiritual health of the current church of Christ, it would be probably a sobering outcome. We would find it full of heresies, false teachings of the gospel, sects, unrighteousness, where the pastors live in wealth, and the employees which work for the church with miserable salaries. Pastors doing politics, rather than caring for the church members.

The spiritual situation of the world is precarious. False religions, false Gods abound. Those that carry the name of Christ, prefer remaining at home, rather than go and spreading the gospel to those that never heard it. But Christ is victorious in every way. The gospel will achieve what it intends to achieve. People of all tribes, nations, from all ages, will be saved. God's plan is perfect. Even if incomprehensible, and achieved with imperfect, egoistical messengers like us.

270My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:32 am

Otangelo

Admin

How can we explain our existence without a Creator?

A compelling answer to the question of Ulrich J.Becker has in my view NEVER been provided by ANY atheist. Usually, when this question is being asked the direction goes to poking holes and criticizing organized religions, pointing out the supposed shortcomings of religious books, in special the Bible. Claiming that the God of the Bible does not keep up his own moral standard ( genocide, slavery, etc. ). Arguing that every God concept is illogical or impossible ( ShannonQ ), most often I hear: There is no evidence of Gods existence, etc., or arguing that God has to show up and prove himself, or saying: I don't know what evidence would convince me that God exists, but God knows, so it's up to Him to provide it so I will believe ( nice blameshifting btw.). Other atheists claim not to be atheists, so not ruling out Gods existence, but being agnostics, that simply have not yet made up their minds, but soon after, when pressed hard, they start defending evolution, abiogenesis, that the universe can be eternal, that the brain can produce consciousness, etc. So they are atheists in the closet.

My answer to this is: None of these answers are GOOD justifications to be an atheist. The ONE and ONLY good reason in my view would be, starting to demonstrate how creation needs no creator. How a non-intelligent mechanism or agency can mimic and produce things better, that have the appearance of design and intelligent setup. That entails causing something from nothing physical ( the universe ), the implementation of the laws of physics which impose order, stabilize, and secure the forces that operate in the universe, permitting stable atoms, the fine adjustment of the universe on several levels, from the universe itself, to the earth, and biochemistry, to permit life, Instructional assembly information stored in DNA, using the genetic code (software) that directs the making of machines made of interlocked parts ( proteins ) assembly lines ( metabolic pathways ), and factories ( chemical cell factories ), membrane proteins ( factory portals ), DNA, amino acids, phospholipids, carbohydrates, the building blocks of life ( hardware ), RNA polymerase ( information retrieval/encoding ) messenger RNA ( transmission ) Ribosome ( translation/decoding ) dynein, kinesin ( taxis ) tubulins ( molecular highways ) mitochondria ( power generating plants ) ATP synthase ( power turbines ) the metabolic network ( electric circuits ), computers ( neurons) and so on.

In my understanding, calculating, forming abstract ideas, inventing, intending, having foresight, generating information, classifying, and last not least, being aware of beauty are all faculties that are essential and required to instantiate the described things above, which we have been discovered operating in the natural world. I have yet to see how non-intelligence can mimic intelligence, to be, in the end, a superior explanation to a designer.

Some try to sidestep that crucial question, starting to ask secondary questions, like: But how did God do it? How could he create from nothing? ( that's magic ), or arguing that I am using an argument from ignorance ( Because nobody has disproven the God claim, it must be true ). Well, the thing is, I am using inference to the best explanation, and my proposition stands, until proven that a non-intelligent causal mechanism is a more case-adequate explanation.

Some are arguing that I am arguing from ignorance. No, I am not. Eliminative inductions argue for the truth of a proposition by arguing that competitors to that proposition are false. Provided the proposition, together with its competitors, form a mutually exclusive and exhaustive class, eliminating all the competitors entails that the proposition is true. Since either there is a God, or not, either one or the other is true. As Sherlock Holmes's famous dictum says: when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however not fully comprehensible, but logically possible, must be the truth. Eliminative inductions, in fact, become deductions.

And rather an argument from ignorance, intelligent design wins based on inference to the best explanation, positive evidence. Basically all-natural phenomena demonstrate the imprints and signature of intelligent design. We see an unfolding plan, a universe governed by laws, that follows mathematical principles, finely adjusted on all levels, from the Big Bang, to the earth, to permit life, which is governed by instructional complex information stored in genes and epigenetically, encoding, transmitting and decoding information, used to build, control and maintain molecular machines ( proteins ) that are build based on integrated functional complex parts ( primary to quaternary polypeptide strands and active centers ), which are literally nanorobots with internal communication systems, fully automated manufacturing production lines, transport carriers, turbines, transistors, computers, and factory parks, employed to give rise to a wide range, millions of species, of unimaginably complex multicellular organisms.

Chance to find a message written on a cloud in the sky: "Jesus loves you" randomly, is as DNA creating its own software, and upon it, writing a complex algorithm to make a protein by accident. DNA base sequencing cannot be explained by chance nor physical necessity any more than the information in a newspaper headline can be explained by reference to the chemical properties of ink. Nor can the conventions of the genetic code that determine the assignments between nucleotide triplets and amino acids during translation be explained in this manner. The genetic code functions as a grammatical convention in a human language.

So again. Be my guest, and feel free to answer Ulrich Becker's question. I am all ears.

271My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:19 am

Otangelo

Admin

I see often atheists bitching about religion. Religion this. Religion that. But what is conveniently avoided, is to mention that the main religions are about personal relationships (personal theism).  Ok, there are nature-based religions, where its members worship the sun, the moon, euteleological’ non-personal concepts of God (alterity theism).  In our lives, relationships matter more than material things, money and careers. The Christian God is essentially about a personal relationship. When atheists reject the Christian faith, they reject a personal God, that revealed himself and became man in Jesus Christ. The invisible God became visible to us through the incarnation of Christ. Atheists commonly complain that God is not proving himself to them. That he has not provided sufficient evidence. When someone asked Richard Dawkins, what the first thing would be that he would say if after this life, he meeting God, he answered: " Not sufficient evidence". Is that not the mantra that we hear constantly?

The Pharisees did reject Christ, claiming that he was performing miracles in the name of the devil. They knew, the miracles that he was performing, were divine. They were jealous because Christ was attracting more attention than they were. If Christ would appear today to Dawkins, Aron Ra, Matt Dillahunty, and the well-known names, and perform the miracles that He did 2 thousand years ago, they would still say: Not enough evidence. Basically, claiming that there is not enough evidence, is just a pretext to reject God in the person of Jesus Christ. So it's not about rejecting religion, but a person. It is about rebellion. To think, that man is more moral, capable, and self-sufficient, and able to live a happy life without God. The new chancellor in Germany did omit the " So help me God", because he thinks he doesn't need God. He mirrors the spiritual state of affairs of Europe in general, which has become essentially a godless, secular society, where only a small percentage of the population can be considered born-again Christians, belonging to the body of Christ.

Almost nobody can live happily and fruitfully without having personal relationships with other people. We are designed to be social beings. It starts with the nucleus, the family. Only a few are happy to live alone. God lived eternally in a loving relationship, being a triune God, three persons, God father, God son, and God the holy spirit. People are more important than things. In a modern materialistic world, people focus on things and use people to get things. As a Christian, the aim is to focus on people, give people the most importance, and God's kingdom, which is the body and family of Christ. The Lord urges us to not worry about material things because he cares for us. Man that lives honestly in society and asks God to open doors, finds always a way to make his living.

Focus on God. Expect He to satisfy your inner desires. He is faithful, and reveals Himself to those that seek and love Him. He is not absent in our lives. He has metainformation about us, that He applies to us and in our lives. It's like software that operates behind the scene and is not apparent to us. Knowing Him is exciting and amazing. God has always something prepared to amaze us. Things that set us in awe. When we seek, we discover new things that are worth to be known about Him. When we discover something new in nature, it tells us about God's creative power. And that draws us to worship Him and give Him glory because it illustrates how much more powerful and intelligent He is than man. God created the world, knowing that there would be the fall and evil. And he created it, knowing that he would become man in Christ and suffer for us. He loved each one of us so much, that he was willing to go forward with His plan. Without the fall, there would be no redemption. Without evil, good cannot be illustrated. An evil world has exposed the goodness of God. Christ is the great and only true heroe. He has been the humble servant, but will come back as the great conqueror, to bring his bride home.

Those, that God has given the gift of knowing Him, have been attracted to come to Him, surrender, follow, seek a personal relationship, and love Him. Despite our shortcomings. He has given us the power to refocus, from ourselves to Him. From seeking material things that the world offers, moving to seek spiritual gifts, being ourselves gifts to others, as He has been to us, and having a personal relationship with Him. He has given us the desire to tell others about the precious pearl that we have found, and others can find too. Worldly people are filled with greed for material things, wealth, power, and lust. We are filled with peace in our hearts, love, and seeking to do God's will.  

We still live in a world where evil dominates. But our cry out is Maranatha, Lord come soon. And so your reign. There, all our aims and desires will be attended to, and life to its fullest will take place.

Will you be part of it?

272My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Accidents. Amazing accidents.... what aren't they capable to do?

An accident created the universe, the laws governing it, fine-tuned it, fine-tuned the atomic forces, the earth, and accidentally, molecules on earth did self organize, sort out themselves to become building blocks of life, started complexifying, self-replicating, producing molecular robots, assembly lines, energy generation turbines, information storage mechanisms. An accident created the information encoding, transmission, decoding, and translating mechanism.

An accident took the accidentally produced molecular machines, tagged them accidentally with a code directing them on accidentally created molecular highways using a GPS system, to a place where they could perform the function that they were made for. An accident arranged an envelope, creating a perfect protecting shield, with gates for goods to come in, and waste products to get out.

Accidentally, error-check and repair systems formed at the same time, controlling and minimizing errors. Somehow, by saint luck, that emerging self-replicating molecular factory started evolving, complexifying, becoming an aggregate of functional multicellular organisms. Time of course was the great ally, permitting things to become more and more complex. Later down the road, somehow, these aggregates of self-replicating cells started to become self-aware of themselves and were urged to start expressing themselves.

So evolution produced accidentally us, with the five senses, able to hear and to speak. A further accident produced a language, and after some time, I was born, to tell you the true narrative of how we came so far. Just amazing how the naturalistic narrative makes soo much sense !! Aren't accidents amazing creators of design?

My dictums - Page 11 51srbh10

273My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:54 am

Otangelo

Admin

It is in our nature, that we want to do things that are important for others, and that we want to be important.

Etymologically, important means to be of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success, having high rank or status, to be influential, performing actions with impact.

We see that in the aim of man to be powerful, like in politics, the industry, etc. Man admires those that invent things that benefit humanity and leave a legacy. Someone can also be influential in propagating ideas, philosophies, science, knowledge, etc. We admire great philosophers, like Aristoteles, Descartes, Hume, Leibniz etc. Those that have contributed to philosophical thought.

Now, it is interesting that the evangelical atheists that popularize the idea of atheism, host shows, write books, etc., want to give importance to a message, which essentially entails and preaches the contrary: The message that on a cosmic scheme, we are a speck of dust. A by-product of the death of stars. Life as the by-product of death. While God is alive, giving us in our fallenness, misery, and sinfulness, the honor and importance to become one of us, incarnate and becoming a man in Christ, walking with us and amongst us, washing the feet of the apostles, and going to the cross and suffering for our sins, and having an eternal plan for our lives, ranks, crowns and status in a heavenly scheme, atheists want to make us believe that we will die, and that's it. And that we need to create our own meaning. Basically, creating an illusion of meaning. Thats why I regard atheism as a cult of death, while Christianity as a celebration of life. Eternal life.

Militant evangelistic atheists want to be important, preaching the message of our unimportantness. How contradictory !!

By my own, true, I am a miserable sinner, needy, in need of forgiveness for my unrighteousness, but God, in His loving nature, gives us new clothes. White cloths symbol His righteousness. That's love !! And those that recognize the real state of affairs of their nature and situation, cannot then be overwhelmed by the greatness of the love of our Lord. Hallelujah !!! Those that hate God, misunderstand and misrepresent God's nature, can claim all sorts of things. That he is a genocide that condones slavery etc.  All they do, is expose that they do not understand the context in the OT, nor the fact that God, being God, has the right to judge, and that it is actually one of the faculties that he MUST HAVE. A God, that does not judge sin, and unrighteousness is unworthy of worship. One that permits evil to remain unpunished, condones unjustness, and I would not recognize such a God as righteous, and worth of my bowing down and confessing: You are the Lord.

"My name is Bond. James Bond." Implicitly, that intones the importance that the most famous spy gives to himself.
God says in Exodus 20 : “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me".

James Bond symbolizes a man that has superpowers. That is able. Able to win his enemies. But on a spiritual scheme, the Serpent did win over Adam and Eve, became a slave of sin, his human nature, and a slave of evil.
And Christ came to save os from that slavery, giving us a new spirit, make us a new creature in Christ, giving us His power, and the destiny that he had in mind when he created man: To have eternal community with God, and be part of His family. It is He who gives us true importance. We are not important because we are good. We are important because Christ lives in us, has redeemed us, and made us His Children. We are forgiven, washed, received new clothes, those that belong to Christ have duties in this life, a plan that God has for each one of those that belong to Him will receive reward after we die, crowns, and live forever in the presence of the Lord.
Yes, God gives us hope. Satan takes it. God gives our lives meaning. Satan takes it. Christianity is a cult of life. Materialism is a cult of death. When Christ died on the cross, Satan thought that he won. When Christ was resurrected, it was the celebration and victory of life. Christ said: I am the truth, the way, and life.

I play in the team of Christ. You? What team do you want to play in?

274My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 am

Otangelo

Admin

Matthew 28: 18: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

What powerful words are that? Only God can be the first, and the last, and hold all power.

Jesus was the one the created everything through his word. So in the beginning, there was his word. That's the alpha. He is also the Omega. What does that mean, if life is eternal, and God never ends? Obviously, it also means that he will never end speaking.

But in all worldly affairs, he is the one that holds all power in his hands, he is the one that has the last word, he is the one that decides, nobody decides against Him, or prevents or restrains His decisions. He is also the one that has the last word about each one of our lives. Those that the father has given Him, they will belong to Him forever. They will be part of His family, his bride, the body of Christ. It is with and through his redeemed friends, brothers, and sisters, that he will govern future things to come. Nobody can snatch them out of his hands. Those that have been chosen, will never be lost.

He has also the last word in regards to those that rejected Him. Atheists ridicule His sacrifice. They say that he lost a weekend. That what he did, was not a big deal. They scorn, but Christ said:

Matthew 12:36: But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

It makes me angry because they throw away the only sacrifice that could give them forgiveness, eternal life, and avoid paying for their own sins. They are fools.

Since He will judge all our lives and words, he is the one that will have the last word in regards of each of ours. When we say things, often people criticize, comment, argue, lie about what we said etc. Christ will also be the last commenting our sayings, and rebuke those that lied about us.

To those that reject God, and live a selfish life, full of sins, that is not a pleasing idea. But to those that are suffering injustice, it means consolation and hope. In this world, we will never find justice. The human justice system is flawed and corrupt. And judges often judge based on inconclusive evidence, and many innocent people are paying in jail for crimes that they did not commit. Christ is all-knowing and knows the truth. He said: I am the truth. So we can be assured that everything will come to light, and be judged righteously. Christ also said that He is the light. That means, everything that is in the dark today, will come to light.

Luke 8:17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Revelation 22:11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile. My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

We are important, and what we do, is important. Atheists live as if their actions and life has importance, but they have no grounding for that perception. We, believers, know our lives are important and have that sentiment and perception confirmed by the Lord. We are important to Him. He has made all this immensurable universe with unimaginable size, life in all its complexity, and humans with unfathomable complexity for His own glory. And we, being made in His image, mirror God's glory. We give glory to God when we live following Him. That is our destiny, our purpose for existing.

We are not simpletons like many, that try to "better" the world. We are realists. We know, we live in a broken world. We know our place, why things are the way they are. We do not live in utopia land, thinking that we will solve our problems, migrating to Mars, a hostile desert that has nothing to offer, or conquer space. Our desire, our hope, our destiny, is the New Jerusalem. The city that God has prepared for those that love and worship the Lord.

Where are you in this picture? In which team do you play?

275My dictums - Page 11 Empty Re: My dictums Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:12 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Why is Christmas so important?

Because two thousand years ago, God did incarnate in Jesus Christ, becoming human like us, giving us an unprecedented revelation of our creator's character and nature, his power, wisdom, intelligence, humbleness ( contrary to the human-invented boasting roman and greek gods), plans, intentions, grace, love, and justice. He made it possible for us to understand our place in the universe, how important we are to Him.

He gave us promises that go beyond this mere time-limited existence, beyond what we could ever imagine or hope for. He offered us to become his friends, his family, to transform us and make us new through a spiritual awakening, being born again and receiving his holy spirit.
He paid the price for our sins through his blood, so that we could be free to have a new life in Him.

He came to give, not to be served. He came to announce the Kingdom of God and gave us a mission. We are not like vagrants in a forgotten meaningless world, just seeking selfishly to serve ourselves in a short passing existence, grasping for happiness, fulfillment, wealth, power, and pleasure. We do not need to try to establish our own morals and meaning, just to make sense of an otherwise senseless and desperate world.

We do not need to capitulate to injustice, but know, one day, perfect justice will be done and coming through an all-knowing creator. While people create their idols, we worship the true, living eternal God. Those that belong to Christ, can consider themselves truly the richest people on earth, independently of their earthly wealth.

Atheists complain, and desire a world without God, not realizing, that if ours would indeed be one without a creator, we would be the most miserable of all creatures, with our ability of reasoning, realizing the senselessness of our existence. Nihilism and despair would be the result. Total anarchy, chaos, and injustice on all fronts. Violence to an unimaginable degree, and all kinds of evil and suffering to a degree that we cannot even fathom, or imagine.

Survival of the fittest, applied in a literal sense, would make what the Nazis did, peanuts. Oppression, slavery, violence, murdering would lead to a constant violent annihilation of a considerable stake of the population, and the stronger would rise slaves to constantly serve them. There would be a brutal social construct, where the stronger would constantly oppress the weaker, without mercy, and no remorse. Hedonism would flourish in its most extreme forms. It would indeed be a totally different world. One, that I would not want to live in....

Thanks to God. Praise the father. The Lord came.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum