ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Signs someone is an angry dishonest atheist

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Godless

Godless

https://link.medium.com/CKNk5P6b7vb

1. You only read/watch what you already agree with. You deliberately stay away from anything that might challenge your existing worldview. You do this simply to confirm your own prejudices. You deliberately stay away from anything that might challenge you. You start to unfollow people who post things on Twitter and Facebook that you disagree with. This is telling. When we truly feel comfortable with what we believe, we can happily imbibe contrasting or conflicting views. If you’re so sure you’re right, then why do you shy away? There’s a chance that you’re strengthening the foundations of a belief that you’ve built upon the sand.

2. People who disagree with me are stupid! We use extreme words like stupid or irrational to distance ourselves from the challenge, and wrap ourselves in protective labels. That’s why you don’t read or watch anything Christian — they’re so obviously deluded. But it’s not that, is it? Psychologically, you newbie atheists don’t want to be challenged by something, you need to convince yourself that it is ridiculous. We need to alienate it and dispose of it. So we start using extreme words like stupid or irrational, which help us distance ourselves from the challenge. This is where terms like “Magic Sky Daddy” come from. By reducing Christianity ‘ad absurdum’, we don’t need to worry about its potential truth. You wrap yourselves in protective labels.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum