ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In Brazil, a fossilized old forest is discovered

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

In Brazil, a fossilized old forest is discovered

The discovery of this set of 164 trunks of lycophytes (without fruits, flowers or seeds) of an extinct variety is “the most important in the southern hemisphere”, due to the quantity and quality of the preservation, explained Thammy Mottin, geologist and PhD from the Federal University of ParanĂ¡, who led the research with collaborators from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul and the University of California.

The peculiar preservation of this forest was possible because the trees “were quickly buried when they were alive, and were progressively covered by sediments, until they died by asphyxiation,” explained Mottin. The event that “practically froze that forest the way it was” was a major flood of a river on whose banks the trees were located, the researchers determined.

My comment: Seems pretty much like Noah's flood to me !!

The ParanĂ¡ forest was found at the end of 2018, when a road was opened in the area to give access to an industrial plant. Geologists went there to study the exposed rocks, but, to their surprise, they came across a fossilized forest.

Then, a long investigation began, published in February in the scientific journal “Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology”, of the Dutch group Elsevier, and recently published in the Brazilian press.

https://ticotimes.net/2022/06/20/in-brazil-a-290-million-year-old-forest-is-discovered

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum