ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

POSIDONIA OCEANICA sea grass

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1POSIDONIA OCEANICA sea grass Empty POSIDONIA OCEANICA sea grass Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:28 am

Otangelo

Admin

POSIDONIA OCEANICA

Posidonia Oceanica is a seagrass, also called Neptune grass. Posidonia ONLY lives in the Mediterranean sea and is believed to be 10 thousands of years old. 3% of the Mediterranean is covered with Neptune grass. In 1999 Posidonia fields in Ibiza and Formentera have been declared world heritage site by UNESCO! There’s a reason the seagrass has been named after the Greek god of the seas.

WHY IS POSIDONIA IMPORTANT?
Four reasons why the Posidonia is important:

For lots of fish, sea animals and plants, the Posidonia is their shelter place and home, their shelter, and nutrition.
Posidonia purifies the water and helps to clean up the sea. It makes the water crystal clear, the sand super fine, and it gives the Balearics one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Plays an important role against the eroding of beaches and dunes. / Produces some of the sediments you can find on the sand and, during the winter protects the beach by preventing loss of sand.
They are the lungs of the sea, absorb big amounts of CO2 and provide the oxygen we breathe. Did you know that for more than 70 % of our breaths we’re dependent on the ocean? One hectare oPosidoniaia produces 100.000 liters of oxygen per day. This is 5 times more oxygen than a hectare in the Amazone rainforest. It also absorbs 3 x as much co2 as the rainforests. This makes the Posidonia of essential importance against climate change!

https://theoceanpreneur.com/ocean-impact/ocean-nomad-tv/what-is-posidonia-oceanica/

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum