ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inductive reasoning in regards of origins

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

When someone can eventually explain ONE phenomenon in regards of the origin of life, that finding cannot be extrapolated to phenomena that are not the same or related. The origin of life is not just one single problem, and when that problem is explained, one cannot extrapolate and say that all others will find an explanation. The origin of life is a problem of many different things, amongst them the origin of the basic building blocks of life, the software/hardware problem, the problem to get a transition from basic building blocks of life to machines, production lines, metabolism, energy production, error-check and repair mechanisms, homeostasis, self-replication, and the problem of irreducible complexity. And I will state it clearly: There are NO explanations to these problems WHATSOEVER by naturalistic, aka unguided means. ALL unrelated and DIFFERENT abiogenesis problems which science has NO ANSWERS, Not because they did not try, but because by unguided means, experiments have shown that IT DOESN'T WORK.
Evidence of absence means absence of evidence.

Eliminative inductions argue for the truth of a proposition by arguing that competitors to that proposition are false. ( Contrast this with Popperian falsification, where propositions are corroborated to the degree that they successfully withstand attempts to falsify them ) When the available option forms a dichotomy, just to option, A, or not A, they form a mutually exclusive and exhaustive class, eliminating all the competitors entails that the proposition is true. As Sherlock Holmes's famous dictum says: when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. In this case, eliminative inductions, in fact, become deductions.

Eugene Koonin, advisory editorial board of Trends in Genetics, writes in his book: The Logic of Chance:
" The Nature and Origin of Biological Evolution, Eugene V. Koonin, page 351:

" The origin of life is the most difficult problem that faces evolutionary biology and, arguably, biology in general. Indeed, the problem is so hard and the current state of
the art seems so frustrating that some researchers prefer to dismiss the entire issue as being outside the scientific domain altogether, on the grounds that unique
events are not conducive to scientific study.
A succession of exceedingly unlikely steps is essential for the origin of life, from the synthesis and accumulation of nucleotides to the origin of translation; through the
multiplication of probabilities, these make the final outcome seem almost like a miracle. The difficulties remain formidable. For all the effort, we do not currently have
coherent and plausible models for the path from simple organic molecules to the first life forms. Most damningly, the powerful mechanisms of biological evolution were
not available for all the stages preceding the emergence of replicator systems. Given all these major difficulties, it appears prudent to seriously consider radical alternatives
for the origin of life. "

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum