ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quantum effects occur in the early universe only with an observer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

Quantum effects occur in the early universe only with an observer

Quantum theory states that by the very act of watching, the observer affects the observed reality.

In inflationary cosmology, primordial quantum fluctuations in the process of inflation are considered responsible for the asymmetry and lumpiness of the universe that was shaped. However, according to the Copenhagen interpretation, any random quantum phenomenon only occurs when the system is observed; before observation, the quantum state is symmetric. So Gods mind observed the universe while it was inflating.

Structure formation requires slight inhomogeneities in the density of matter in the early universe, which then get amplified by the effect of gravity, leading to the formation of stars and galaxies.

The notion of observation or measurement plays a fundamental role in standard quantum theory. One of the basic postulates of quantum mechanics is namely that upon measurement the Schrodinger evolution of the wave function is interrupted by a collapse.  The notions of observer or measurement are rather vague. Exactly which physical processes count as measurements?

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum