ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quotes about God and science

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quotes about God and science Empty Quotes about God and science Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Dr. Ian G. Barbour, a physicist and theologian:2

The charter of the Royal Society instructed its fellows to direct their studies “to the glory of God and the benefits of the human race.” Robert Boyle (1627-1691) said that science is a religious task, “the disclosure of the admirable workmanship which God displayed in the universe.” Newton believed the universe bespeaks an all-powerful Creator. Sprat, the historian of the Royal Society, considered science a valuable aid to religion.

Proof that God exists

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God. Heywood Broun

The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman. Author Unknown

The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful, and has nobody to thank. Dante Gabriel Rossetti

The real attitude of sin in the heart towards God is that of being without God; it is pride, the worship of myself, that is the great atheistic fact in human life. Oswald Chambers

The atheist can appeal to nothing absolute, nothing objectively true for all people, it is just mere opinion enforced by might. The Christian appeals to a standard outside himself/herself in which truth and qualitative values can be made sense of.
Peter Huff

Science can tell us how to do many things, but it can not tell us what ought to be done. Author Unknown

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C.S. Lewis

A heathen philosopher once asked a Christian, 'Where is God'? The Christian answered, 'Let me first ask you, Where is He not?' Aaron Arrowsmith

For when we cease to worship God, we do not worship nothing, we worship anything. G. K. Chesterton

If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. Evelyn Underhill

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

2Quotes about God and science Empty Re: Quotes about God and science Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:47 am

Otangelo

Admin

http://genesisfile.com/?page_id=88

3Quotes about God and science Empty Re: Quotes about God and science Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Many atheists have two declarations and that's, "There is no God & I hate Him." This attitude, as well as the condescension some atheists show Christians, is nothing new. Atheists rage against God because they think He restricts them and interferes with what they want to do. Thus, God is viewed as oppressive and is rejected as an authority and ruler over their lives.

http://godevidence.com/2010/08/quotes-about-god/

“The question of whether there exists a Creator and Ruler of the Universe has been answered in the affirmative by some of the highest intellects that have ever existed.”

–Charles Darwin, the founder of evolutionary biology, as cited in his book Descent of Man.

————————-

“This sense of wonder leads most scientists to a Superior Being – der Alte, the Old One, as Einstein affectionately called the Deity – a Superior Intelligence, the Lord of all Creation and Natural Law.”

–Abdus Salam, winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in electroweak theory. He is here quoted in his article entitled Science and Religion.

“A scientific discovery is also a religious discovery. There is no conflict between science and religion. Our knowledge of God is made larger with every discovery we make about the world.”

–Joseph H. Taylor, Jr., who received the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics for the discovery of the first known binary pulsar, and for his work which supported the Big Bang theory of the creation of the universe.

“The more I study science, the more I believe in God.”

–Albert Einstein

(The Wall Street Journal, Dec 24, 1997, article by Jim Holt, “Science Resurrects God.”)

“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know his thoughts; the rest are details.”

–Albert Einstein

(From E. Salaman, “A Talk With Einstein,” The Listener 54 (1955), pp. 370-371, quoted in Jammer, p. 123).

“God [is] the author of the universe, and the free establisher of the laws of motion.”

–Physicist and chemist Robert Boyle, who is considered to be the founder of modern chemistry.

“It may seem bizarre, but in my opinion science offers a surer path to God than religion.”

–Physicist Paul Davies, the winner of the 2001 Kelvin Medal issued by the Institute of Physics and the winner of the 2002 Faraday Prize issued by the Royal Society (amongst other awards), as cited in his book God and the New Physics.

“Astronomers who do not draw theistic or deistic conclusions are becoming rare, and even the few dissenters hint that the tide is against them. Geoffrey Burbidge, of the University of California at San Diego, complains that his fellow astronomers are rushing off to join ‘the First Church of Christ of the Big Bang.’”

–Astrophysicist Hugh Ross, former post-doctoral fellow at the California Institute of Technology and author of The Creator and the Cosmos: How the Latest Scientific Discoveries of the Century Reveal God.

“Astronomers now find they have painted themselves into a corner because they have proven, by their own methods, that the world began abruptly in an act of creation to which you can trace the seeds of every star, every planet, every living thing in this cosmos and on the earth. And they have found that all this happened as a product of forces they cannot hope to discover…. That there are what I or anyone would call supernatural forces at work is now, I think, a scientifically proven fact.”

–Astronomer, physicist and founder of NASA’s Goddard Institute of Space Studies Robert Jastrow. Please see Jastrow’s book God and the Astronomers for further reading.

“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”

“If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God.”

–Lord William Kelvin, who was noted for his theoretical work on thermodynamics, the concept of absolute zero and the Kelvin temperature scale based upon it.

“The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who – in their grudge against traditional religion as the ‘opium of the masses’ – cannot hear the music of the spheres.”

–Albert Einstein

“God created everything by number, weight and measure.”

“In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God’s existence.”

“I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by those who were inspired. I study the Bible daily.”

–Sir Isaac Newton, who is widely regarded to have been the greatest scientist the world has ever produced.

4Quotes about God and science Empty Re: Quotes about God and science Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:55 am

Otangelo

Admin

• “Mechanisms, whether man-made or morphological, are boundary conditions harnessing the laws of inanimate nature, being themselves irreducible to those laws. The pattern of organic bases in DNA which functions as a genetic code is a boundary condition irreducible to physics and chemistry.”
    Hungarian-British Polymath, Michael Polanyi 

• “A new scientific truth is usually not propagated in such a way that the opponents become convinced and discard their previous views. No, the adversaries eventually die off, and the upcoming generation is familiarised anew with the truth"
    Nobel Laureate, Max Planck, Founder of Quantum Physics

• "...we desire the best available scientific status report on the origin of life. We shall see that adherents of the best known theory have not responded to increasing adverse evidence by questioning the validity of their beliefs, in the best scientific tradition; rather, they have chosen to hold it as a truth beyond question, thereby enshrining it as mythology."
    Robert Shapiro, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry, New York University

• “The existence of a genome and the genetic code divides the living organisms from nonliving matter. There is nothing in the physico-chemical world that remotely resembles reactions being determined by a sequence and codes between sequences."
    Hubert Yockey, "Information Theory, Evolution, and the Origin of Life" (Cambridge University Press)

• “Semiosis not only is a fact of life, but is the fact that allowed life to emerge from inanimate matter"
    Marciello Barbieri, Dept of Morphology and Embryology, University of Ferrarra

• "The basic unit of life is the sign, not the molecule"
    Professor Emeritus Jesper Hoffmeyer, Institute of Biology, University of Copenhagen

• “Life is matter controlled by symbols"
    Professor Emeritus of Physics, Howard Pattee, New York State University 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum