ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christianity Diversity of Beliefs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christianity Diversity of Beliefs Empty Christianity Diversity of Beliefs Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:45 am

Taws

Please do not go off the subject and attack the Muslims or some other religious group. This is about christians.

First, I love God with all my heart, mind and soul; and, follow the teachings of Jesus (poorly, I might add) to the best of my ability.

Why are there so many different denominations? I have been and am on several different "christain" forums and chatrooms; and visited many churches in my 67 years of traveling. My consern is that most denominations seem to agree on one thing; that all the other denominations are going to hell.

Christianity seems to be one of the most hateful and divided of all the religions. Jesus teaches us to love one another; and even love our enemies; however most christians seem to be the most hateful and unforgiving people; especially if the others do not agree with "their" particular doctrine.

Jesus said, in Matthew 16:18; I will build my church and the gates of hades/netherworld/hell shall not prevail against it. How is it that "the church" that is to be so powerful; seems to have self-destructed, and become so divided? If not, which "church" was Jesus refering to?

Thanks,

Taws

Last edited by Taws on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added question at the end.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum