ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jesus with fire eyes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jesus with fire eyes Empty Jesus with fire eyes Thu May 04, 2023 8:58 am

Otangelo

Admin

Jesus is described in Revelation (and other books) with eyes of fire, a sword from his mouth, and flying.
"Eyes of fire" are metaphorical for anger in judgment.
(Rev 1:14; 2:18; 19:12)
Jesus does not have literal red eyes or Hollywood Superman's eyes shooting flames. He is going to judge the nations for their massive slaughter of his people during the Great Tribulation (Rev 7:9, 14; 19:11+).
"From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty." (Rev. 19:15)
The sharp sword out of his mouth is metaphorical, not literal.
This scene occurs at Armageddon when the nations have amassed to try to destroy Jesus who has returned to earth and is ruling from Jerusalem. They have waged war against the Lamb. (Rev 19:19) In return, Jesus is waging war against the Beast and his armies. (Rev 19:11). Jesus' armies will slaughter the enemies (his words command his armies to kill the enemy--like words of a sword) with rivers of blood. (Rev 14:19-20)
Jesus can literally fly.
He overcame gravity by walking on water. (Matt 14:26)
He overcame gravity by rising into the clouds at his ascension. (Acts 1:11)
He will be flying down from heaven to the clouds of earth at his second coming (Mark 13:24-27; Matt 24:29-31; 1 Thess 4:16-17)

Jesus with fire eyes 11710

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum