ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Oilbird

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Oilbird Empty The Oilbird Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 am

Otangelo

Admin

The Oilbird is a unique nocturnal bird from South America, it lives in caves, uses sonar to navigate, has eyes like a deep-sea fish, hovers in place and has a phenomenon since of smell. These fruit eating birds navigate in total darkness by emitting clicking calls in rapid succession and listening for their return echoes. Unlike bats, which emit ultrasonic clicks that we cannot hear, oilbirds’ clicks are audible, and they hover in place to feed. The oilbirds retinal rods are stacked in three tiers, an arrangement seen only in deep-sea fish that lives in total darkness. The density of this bird’s rods is 1 million rods per square millimetre. This, in combination with its oversized pupils, gives the oilbirds the greatest light-gathering capacity of any land animal!
As with the duck-billed platypus, the oilbird has a hodgepodge of features from all over the animal kingdom with no clear evolutionary ancestry. This makes perfect sense if the entire animal kingdom has a common Designer - God - but defies any naturalistic evolutionary explanation.
Description from Bruce Malone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pQbg8Unsm8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0RYSyGliYbWYo1-PBK-ah8okvvhvkTkZBNlmOUJWnnnCNUzbUMJU1ZoQE

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum