ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my library, where I collect information and present arguments developed by myself that lead, in my view, to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation for the origin of the physical world.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jesus temptation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jesus temptation Empty Jesus temptation Tue 5 May 2020 - 20:31

Otangelo

Admin

Jesus could not give in to the temptation for he was impeccable.

There may also be a misunderstanding about the nature of the temptation itself: Satan was not offering back something Jesus owned. He was offering a quicker route to something that was going to take Jesus a lifetime capped with suffering to achieve. The Son of God was to be Prophet (Deut. 18.15), Priest (Psalm 110.4), and King (Daniel 7.14).

Satan was offering these things but without the need for hardship or waiting. He told Jesus to command the stones to become bread (=Prophet), took him to a mountain to survey the kingdom (=King), and took him to the temple with the promise of protection in God's "dwelling" (=Priest). All he had to do was accept Satanic lordship.

Oh, and I'm sure Satan thought he had a genuine chance to bring Jesus down.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum