ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

The third temple

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The third temple Empty The third temple Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Otangelo

Admin

A.Fruchtenbaum, in the footsteps of the messiah, page 135

This is presented with a question mark because the biblical data is not sufficient to date the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple as before the Tribulation with any certainty. The Tribulation Temple is mentioned in four passages of Scripture. The first is found in Daniel 9:27:

And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the middle of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease; and upon the wing of abominations
shall come one that makes desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolate.

The second passage is Matthew 24:15: When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that reads understand), . . . 

The third passage is found in II Thessalonians 2:3-4:

Let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, he that opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sits in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God.

The fourth passage is found in Revelation 11:1-2:
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and one said, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. And the court which is without the temple leave without, and measure it not; for it has been given unto the nations: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

All four passages describe events which occur in relation to the Jewish Temple. In all of them the events described take place in the middle of the Tribulation,

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum