ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

The difference between a snowflake and a DNA segment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

The difference between a snowflake and a DNA segment that encodes protein is that snowflakes are basically made out of repetitive molecular structures with translational symmetry and is non-sequence specific, meaning that the order of the atoms of a given crystal is irrelevant and unimportant. Unlike crystals and snowflakes, the building units of DNA are vastly non-repetitive and follow a very precise sequential order like that of English sentences (the nucleotides and more specific the amino acids). Unlike sand dunes where you can change the order of sand grains and have no effect to the overall structure, changing the sequence order of DNA is critical to biological function. Self organization and law of physics are great at self assembling crystals, but what they cannot do is assemble the nucleotides/amino acids to the right highly specified and precise sequences given that laws of physics lack the ability to non-repetitively and non-randomly assemble the molecules.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum