Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins

This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, and biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins » Philosophy and God » My dictums

My dictums

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:06 am

Otangelo

Admin
The most educated, the smartest scientists on earth have ventured for decades if not centuries for the most sensless, the most foolish venture, destined to fail: to solve the riddle of the origin of life by natural means.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

177My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 am

Otangelo

Admin
Believers, born again in Christ that follow HIM, and keep his commands, live in peace with God, peace with their neighbours, peace in their heart, and no fear. The end station of the Christian faith is eternal life.

Atheists, unbelievers, and rebels, on the other hand, live in constant fear like the thief from the police. In doubt, if God really does exist or not ( which they cannot be certain of), in fear of death, in fear of being judged, in fear that God is watching, in fear of hell, and constant cognitive dissonance. The end station of the materialistic worldview is death.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

178My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Otangelo

Admin
The tree of life, still today largely used in biological sciences in the attempt to explain life's history, is a relict of Darwin's time. It is beyond me, why it is still used, in face of the fact, that life started diversified. The DNA replication machinery is not homologous in the 3 domains of life. Bacteria and Archaea differ strikingly in the chemistry of their membrane lipids. Sequences of glycolytic enzymes differ between Archaea and Bacteria/Eukaryotes. There are at least six distinct autotrophic carbon fixation pathways. If common ancestry were true, an ancestral Wood–Ljungdahl pathway should have become life's one and only principle for biomass production. There is a sharp divide in the organizational complexity of the cell between eukaryotes, which have complex intracellular compartmentalization, and even the most sophisticated prokaryotes (archaea and bacteria), which do not, and a typical eukaryotic cell is about 1,000-fold bigger by volume than a typical bacterium or archaeon, and functions under different physical principles: free diffusion has little role in eukaryotic cells but is crucial in prokaryotes.

There are many other problems. The evidence leads to the view, that at the beginning, there was a LARGE injection of instructional complex codified information to create each life form upon its kind, with the life-essential hability to adapt to the environment, speciate and diversify within its kind, and then, genetic entropy came to play a minor role as well.

Concepts, that are ingrained for hundreds of years, will not go away so easy. But if biologists would put their materialistic case to rest, and broaden their philosophical views, permitting the evidence to lead wherever it is, all this struggle to press the evidence in the pre-conceived notion that things must have been as Darwin envisioned it, would go away, and things would become much easier. But the urge to erradicate God from the picture, keeps producing its bad fruits. and will, sadly, as it seems, keep doing so for still a long time.

179My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:05 am

Otangelo

Admin
The history of mankind has always been between making ourselves God, or give God the glory he deserves. The second has ALWAYS ended in disaster in one way, or the other.

180My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Otangelo

Admin
Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.

Those that seek and believe in God, will find their faith confirmed, the more they dig.

Those that deny and disbelieve God, are going from abysm to abysm. One calls for another one until there is no way back.

Many that lived in earlier generations would have loved to know, what we do know today based on the advance of science. Never in human history, we knew more than today. From the nano to the macro, everything screams out loud: There is a super powerful superintellect that created the world and holds it in his control.

But those that deny God, proudly proclaim their ignorance, and contrary to all common sense, think they are justified to do so. That could not be lesser true.

181My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:52 am

Otangelo

Admin
When you see the most complex manmade factory known, logic says, the most intelligent people made it. When you see a factory in nature, far far more complex than the most complex mandmade machine, is it logical or irrational to say, unguided chance made it?

182My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:02 am

Otangelo

Admin
I suspect there are many evangelist atheologists out there, as in some notorious YouTube channels, which have committed the irreversible sin against the holy spirit. They trespassed a limit with no return. They are so invested in their hate and militancy against the Lord, that no argument, no evidence, irrelevant how compelling, can bring them back to clarity of rationality. No matter how plausible, logical, and rational, they will deny the evidence against any and every sane rational inference. The Blind Leading the Blind. The strain at a Gnat, and Swallowing a Camel. They are all sold into refuting arguments and evidence pointing to God, but completely neglect to apply the same burden of proof and skepticism towards the alternative, a worldview without God. They will receive what they wish. They will be continuing their existence without God. Eternally.

183My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:09 am

Otangelo

Admin
There is no more important and fundamental question that someone can ask as: Is there a God(s)? Is Jesus the one he said to be? And there is nothing more life-changing and relevant, than how we answer this question.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

184My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Otangelo

Admin
How is it, that evolution supposedly produced orderly things, and minds, that recognize those things as beautiful, considering them as good and pleasing? How could that relationship have happened, if beauty has no function in the ends of survival ?

185My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:59 am

Otangelo

Admin
I am not a Christian, because God is full of candies to give. I am a Christian, because God is God, and made me to have a loving relationship with HIM.

186My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Otangelo

Admin
Commonly, when atheists cannot refute our arguments, they resort to personal attacks, claim that we are gish galloping, that our posts are world salad, that intelligent design is not science, ask us why we don't go to collect our Nobel prize, claim that the Dover trial refuted ID as science, argue that our claims are from ignorance, gaps, incredulity, that " we don't know" is a honest and justified answer, and bla bla bla. It always, at this point, unravels, that the atheists problem is not that theism is not rational, logical, coherent and plausible. But moral and an issue of will. That they do not want a God entering the door of their lives, since it means major changes, and they have to give up their life style, and beloved little sins. And admitting that Theists are probably right, after all, is giving up pride, and surrendering to something they invested in not rare cases years or decades to deny and ridicule.

187My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:34 am

Otangelo

Admin
Like the ox goes to the slaughter, so are YouTube atheologists on the highway to hell. Might the Lord have mercy, and might one or the other of them listen to his voice, be saved, and come to the glorious light of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, and receive eternal life. He is that all powerful I AM, and those that the father gives in his hands, nobody can snatch them from his hand. Hallelujah !!

188My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:19 pm

Otangelo

Admin
If there is no God, and no eternal life, then: From stardust we came, to stardust we go, and all that happened inbetween, will soon be forgotten, and matter no more. Let us drink and let us eat, because tomorrow, we are all no more.

189My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:07 am

Otangelo

Admin
Believers, born again in Christ that follow HIM, and keep his commands, live in peace with God, peace with their neighbors, peace in their heart, and no fear. The end station of the Christian faith is eternal life. Those that believe in HIM, have a loving heavenly Father who is unfathomably powerful - he created the physical universe, everything to the last corner of the universe - he made it - he gave a name to each star of the cosmos. He created us, did send Christ to pay for our sins, which what put to death to save us from eternal death, gave us a new nature and a new heart, redemption, and hope for eternal life in the presence of his glory. He made us new,  transformed us to be a part of His family...  

The only plausible explanation is that, contrary to what so many feebleminded atheists believe, the Christian gospel is not just about getting people into heaven. It’s about improving conditions in this life too. And isn’t that logical? If human beings are really made in the image and likeness of God, and if they truly have infinite value, then of course it’s an obligation for us to be caring and compassionate—to help people everywhere, especially those who are least fortunate.

Christianity has plaid an extraordinary role not only in the development of rational thinking but also in the spreading of such thinking—that is, the creation of an educational system.  The biblical concept that all people are created in the “image and likeness of God” is the foundation of universal human rights—including freedom.  

Christianity emphasizes the fact that we are moral agents. God has freely created us in His own image, and He has given us the power to take part in His sublime act of creation by being architects of our own lives.

It was Christianity which rejected polygamy and adultery and exalted monogamous love—love geared toward the raising of children. This is the basis for the traditional family, and no matter how much secularists decry that institution today, there is still no other force more stabilizing and beneficial to civilization.

The ancient world treated women like animals. Women were the property of men, just barely higher than slaves. Christianity changed that. The indisputable fact is that the women’s rights movement of the last two hundred years has its roots in the principles of Christianity.

Slavery was practiced for centuries before Christianity came on the scene. From its very beginning, Christians discouraged the enslavement of fellow Christians. And many early Christians purchased slaves for the sole purpose of setting them free.

Because human dignity is at the heart of Christian doctrine, Christians realized that the very idea of “owning” another human being was contrary to their faith. Christians started the first antislavery movement in history.  The concept of private property, property rights, workers’ rights, and unionization all flow from the Judeo-Christian understanding of work and its proper relationship to social justice.The idea of limited government comes from Judeo-Christian tradition too.

The notion that there are certain God-given, unalienable, moral absolutes—such as the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness—that take precedence over any edict issued by a king, derives from Christianity. Before Christianity, there was virtually no institutional interest in helping the poor, the sick, the mentally ill, the disabled, the elderly, or the dying; but because of Christian teaching on the dignity of the human person, this societal callousness came to a screeching halt.

Our purpose is simple and elegant: To love God, love others, and be loved by Him.

Atheists, unbelievers, and rebels, on the other hand, live in constant fear like the thief which runs from the police. In doubt, if God really does exist or not ( which nobody cannot be certain of, and 100% sure, there are no demonstrable proofs ), in fear of death and ceasing to exist which is truly a terrifying thought ( after all, we all know that living is good, and we want to live, rather than not), in fear of being judged, in fear that God is watching, in fear of hell, frequently in a state of struggle and cognitive dissonance. Attempting, once for all, to get rid of God, but never fully succeeding. If there is no God, and no eternal life, then: From stardust, we came, to stardust we go, and all that happened in between, will soon be forgotten, and matter no more. Let us drink and let us eat, because tomorrow, we are all no more.

Materialism can not provide a foundation for moral values. Regimes based on materialism lead either to universal anarchy and chaos or totalitarian despotism.

In the 20th century, atheist governments butchered more than 120 million people. Lenin said, “Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.“Is it just a coincidence that the three cruelest tyrants in history – Vladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin and Mao Tse Tung – were all flaming atheists?

Can you name even one major atheist website, blog or discussion forum that isn’t thick with insults, epithets, bigotry, prejudice, hatred and gratuitous name-calling by mostly anonymous people hiding behind screen names?
I can’t. Even the “friendly” website Friendly Atheist has the word “idiot” on 732 different pages. Imagine, more than 10% of the pages on this website refer to someone as an idiot. I don’t think they’re referring to themselves. Do you?

St. Paul makes it very clear that God gives people the freedom to pursue what they desire. If you want to live a life of debauchery, He will not stop you. If you want to murder 40 million people… He sure didn’t stop Chairman Mao. If you want a life without God, He will hide from you and you will never find Him.

Hitler made it clear in his writings and speeches that he believed only a tiny part of what is usually regarded as mankind consists of human beings — notably those whom he imagined to be of Nordic descent. . . . The rest — what he called racial mish-mash — belongs not to mankind but to an inferior species . . . simply animals disguised as human beings (Cohn 1967, 187).

The end station of the materialistic worldview is death.

190My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 am

Otangelo

Admin
Little science takes you away from God. But more of it, takes you to HIM. Louis Pasteur.

Romans 3:4 let God be true, but every man a liar

If there is one versicle in the New Testament, which has found its confirmation in an amazing manner, it is Pauls well-known observation in Romans 1.19-22.  

For what can be known about God is plain to them because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,7 in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 claiming to be wise, they became fools,

i hear frequently the claim by atheists, that all natural phenomena have always found a natural explanation. There is nothing farther from the truth. Exactly the opposite is the case. The more science investigates, the more it discovers that all natural phenomena cannot be explained by natural means.

Eliminative induction is based on the fact that its competitors are false. Materialism explains basically nothing consistently in regards to origins but is based on unwarranted consensus and scientific materialism, a philosophical framework, that should never have been applied to historical sciences. Evidence should be permitted to lead wherever it is. Also, eventually, to an intelligence agency as the best explanation of origins.

And intelligent design wins based on abductive reasoning, using inference to the best explanation, relying on positive evidence, on the fact that basically all-natural phenomena demonstrate the imprints and signature of intelligent input and setup. We see an unfolding plan, a universe governed by laws, that follows mathematical principles, finely adjusted on all levels, from the Big Bang, to the earth, to permit life, which is governed by instructional complex information stored in genes and epigenetically, encoding, transmitting and decoding information, used to build, control and maintain irreducible complex and interdependent cell factory parks, and a wide range, millions of species, of unimaginably complex multicellular organisms.

There is no evidence that we can exist without God.

The universe cannot create itself, nor can it be eternal.

The universe obeys mathematical laws; they are like a hidden subtext in nature. Mathematics is always invented and does not emerge from chaotic coincidence.  

That a lucky accident finely tuned it on a razor's edge to make stars, essential for life, is a chance of one in 10^209 ( a vanishingly small number )  Chance practically zero.

Life cannot come from non-life.

There is no evidence that the four basic building blocks of life emerged randomly on the early earth.

There was no selection process to select the four nucleobases, nor the 20 amino acids, amongst hundreds extant on the early earth.

There is no known possible route from random molecules to the extremely complex molecular machinery, and chemical factory, producing the basic building blocks of life.

Biological cells require the basic building blocks, energy in the form of ATP, and codified instructional complex information, stored in a minimal genome of 1,300,000 nucleotides coding for about 1300 proteins.  Chance to get those randomly is 1 in 10^700.000. There are 10^80 atoms in the universe.

Cells are interdependent and irreducible complex ( a minimal genome, proteome, and metabolome size are required to give life a first go ).

Biodiversity cannot be explained by evolution. Organismal complexity is due to preprogrammed instructional complex INFORMATION encoded in various genetic and epigenetic languages and communication by various signaling codes through various signaling networks.That brings us to the origin by an intelligent designer.

The Fossil record does not support evolution.

Conscience and personality can only come from conscience and personality.

Objective moral values exist, they cannot come from matter

Nature's Robots point to design

1. Machines, robots, fully automated manufacturing production lines, transport carriers, turbines, transistors, computers, and factories are always set up by intelligent designers.

2. Science has discovered, that cells are literally chemical nano factories, that operate based on molecular machines, protein robots, kinesin protein carriers, autonomous self-regulated production lines, generate energy through turbines, neuron transistors, and computers.

3. Therefore, most probably, Cell factories containing all those things are the product of an intelligent designer.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2978-nature-s-robots-point-to-design

I don't choose to be a theist, I just can not force my brain to accept the claim that Biological cells which are a factory park of unparalleled gigantic complexity and purposeful adaptive design of interlinked high-tech fabrics, fully automated and self-replicating, directed by genes and epigenetic languages and signaling networks, could emerge by no guiding intelligence, but random unguided lucky accidents.

My dictums - Page 8 33785610

191My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:22 am

Otangelo

Admin
We recognize God's power and supreme intelligence, incomprehensible, and far above ours through the created world.

We recognize God's justice and rightfulness in his willingness to judge all wrongdoing, each word and action, of every individual human being that lived on earth.

We recognize God's love and gracefulness and his willingness to forgive through the fact that the Son of God was sent to pay the price of sin for the whole world, went through unimaginable horror and pain and shame on the cross, separated from the father's love, on our behalf.

God's intelligence and power are superlative.

God's rightfulness is perfect, he is holy, and there is no darkness in him.

Gods love is perfect and proven in the expression in its highest form: Christ gave up his own highest good, his eternal Godliness as ruler of all the heavenly creatures, the whole universe, and earthly world, humbled himself to become one of us, a mere mortal going through all that we go through, hunger, thirst, pain, to suffer and to die the most horrendous and painful death. For us. For you. For me. For all of us.

Three superlative reasons to humble ourselves, curve and knee, and give HIM glory. He is the great I AM. The eternal. The one that came, that is, and will be. Forever.

The world can ramble, can rebel, disbelieve, and deny you. But you remain who you are. And there is no power greater than you that can change this fact.

Praise to HIM. Forever, and ever. Amen.

My dictums - Page 8 Lost11

192My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:55 am

Otangelo

Admin
Jesus never existed?

One of the most uneducated, foolish, and stupid things that I see our contemporary New Atheists TM claiming in a surprisingly frequent manner is that Jesus never existed or that there is no evidence for his historical existence. One, yesterday said, that there are no original writings of him.. That is not only ridiculous but embarrassing for the claimant by all means. There is no man in human history, that has been more influential than Jesus. The evidence of his existence is nothing short of extraordinary. By all means. Not only through the detailed accounts in the Bible. But also extrabiblical mentionings, and in special, and foremost, the extraordinary Shroud of Turin, with high probability, the burial cloth of Jesus, with a documented imprint of the suffering and crucifixion that he went through. And not to mention all the prophecies that fulfilled in Jesus. Atheists that deny his existence are inexcusable and will have to face the consequences of their willingly chosen ignorance and illiteracy.

Evidence of the historical Jesus
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t1676-evidence-of-the-historical-jesus

The shroud of turin
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t1688-shroud-of-turin

Fullfilled prophecies in the bible
https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2435-fullfilled-prophecies-in-the-bible

What are the chances that Jesus is not the Messiah? Remember, there are over 300 prophecies related to the Messiah, and Jesus fulfilled them! The numbers for the probabilities are so astronomical that one person fulfilling all these prophetic conditions mathematically eliminates with absolute certainty the probability that it could be anyone else.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
WE HAVE ALSO A MORE SURE WORD OF PROPHECY; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed,
2 Peter 1:16,19 (KJV)

193My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Otangelo

Admin
Theist: Abiogenesis is too unlikely to be true. The odds are far too enormous to rationally believe it could happen.

Atheist: Thats called the black swan fallacy. It is one in which the arguer ignores contradictory evidence on the basis of past experience. This can also be a variation of an argument from ignorance, i.e. Every swan we've ever seen is white, therefore there cannot be black swans, ignoring the possibility of a black swan occurring in the future.

Reply: In that case, we should as well expect to find green Swans using designer glasses, that lay golden fabergé eggs with diamond ornaments. Just because it has never been observed, doesn't meen one day, eventually, we will find a colony of such swans. 🤭

194My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:06 am

Otangelo

Admin
When an atheist starts calling you names, and boasts that he has a diploma in biochemistry, it means, he is cornered, and unable to defend his position with rational fact and evidence based arguments and good sound logical inferences.

195My dictums - Page 8 Empty Full of shit on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:13 am

Otangelo

Admin
Hi theist friends. I am an atheist, to tell you guys, why you are all wrong.

https://media1.tenor.co/images/2a2128267dd526e0f3c79d765e3c4543/tenor.gif?itemid=15222957&fbclid=IwAR2JlDCVrY1dA2TGoCylhPZZBbc6zi6olnfmopnvGWClLqdnFhEfrpsPrJ4

196My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Otangelo

Admin
When a theist throughout debunks atheist claims, the usual answer is: " Gish gallop, god of the gaps, special pleading, begging the question,  argument from incredulity, It's honest to say we don't know yet, science is working on it, large number fallacy, word salad, and circular arguments, fallacious debates, you don't understand what you copy/paste, copy-pasta BS, You constantly cherry-pick, you are an idiot " 😄😄

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:29 am; edited 4 times in total

197My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:05 am

Otangelo

Admin
Kanzi, is your smartness confirming evolution?

Kanzi, what you do is really cool, and reeeallly smart. But if we share a common ancestor with Pan Prior, why has only homo sapiens the ability of advanced sapere, his masterful ability of speech and communication? Why do we not see apes in intermediate stages of evolution with rudimentary, but nonetheless close ability of linguistics and expression as humans? There is a deep gap between humans, and all apes, and all other forms of life. I don't think that is a plus in favor of evolution.

And EVEN if we had 98% of genetic similarity with chimps, if the gene-centric view were true, we should also look almost exactly as chimps, or vice-versa. Why is that not so? Because genes alone do not define organismal architecture. The chromosome is like millions of books in a shelf. But there is still higher-order information stored in various epigenetic informational systems, that know how to express genes and build different bodies with almost the same tool-kit at hand. And there is the amazing spliceosome, a marvel of molecular engineering. It can take a gene, and splice it incredibly over 300 times differently, and getting 300 protein species with different functions. Where does all this superb information come from?

How does the splicing machinery know where exactly to splice a gene, in order to get a functional protein? You can claim that my argument is based on incredulity, but I endorse incredulity without hesitation. In special, when all that evolutionary storytellers have, is *imagination* about how these amazing abilities emerged. No no. I have not enough faith to believe in evolution.

My dictums - Page 8 Kanzi10

198My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Otangelo

Admin
Today, theology, philosophy, and science converge to the inference: God is the best explanation of origins in such a fantastic shining bright light that someone must be blind to not see and recognize it. But spiritual blindness is widespread these days, darkens clear logical thinking, and does not permit the brain to come to logical conclusions. When atheists see the road of evidence pointing and going towards God's direction, they see a stop sign, which says: stooooop, and they come to a screeching halt, and turn back. It is as if the proposition God is a no go zone, because, for them, it is a scary unwanted idea.
The motivation for such behavior is manyfold. But the Lord foresaw it, and one explanation is, that, mysteriously, some are indeed sons of the devil, and a few, elect are predestined to spend eternity in heaven, with the Lord, being part of Gods kingdom, the Lord's bride, the body of Christ. All this is mysterious. But it is the world we live in. Blessed are those that belong to the Lord. Do you belong to those few?!!

199My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:41 am

Otangelo

Admin
Claim: One should consider the conclusions of experts in a scientific field with more weight than those of a layman in that field
Reply: The major relevance should be given to science papers elucidating and describing the operation and constitution of biochemical systems. In other words, what they are, and how they work. Historical sciences are hijacked in the sense that the foundation, philosophical naturalism, is applied, what restricts the explanation of given phenomena to natural causes, a prior excluding intelligent (past) action even as a POSSIBLE explanation. That turns the entire scientific discipline in a highly biased, unreliable enterprise, where a certain outcome ( materialism) is assumed beforehand.

Why isn't intelligent design found published in mainstream peer-reviewed science journals? Intelligent design is not scientific, it can't be tested, and supposedly, no predictions can be made, so it can’t be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. How do we know it’s not scientific? Because it isn’t published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Catch-23!

In order to come to meaninful, logical, relevant and most likely true conclusions in regards of origins, it must be permitted that the evidence can lead to any direction, and that includes intelligent design, since it is a POSSIBLE explanation, competing with natural explanations, aka random unguided events.

It has also to be elucidated beforehand, what differentiates natural potentialities, from what intelligent agents can do, that natural events can't do. Some say, that things in nature appear designed, but nothing guarantees, that this is just an illusion, and that in reality, things are more likely the result of unguided events. And since we are here, the likelyhood that things ocurred naturally is one, since otherwise we would not be here.

This is a logical fallacy:
1. The more statistically improbable something is, the less it makes sense to believe that it just happened by blind chance.
2. Statistically, it is practically impossible, that the primordial genome, proteome, and metabolome of the first living cell arose by chance.
3. Furthermore, we see in biochemistry purposeful design.
4. Therefore, an intelligent Designer is by far the best explanation of origins.

The Origin of life by natural means can be discarded with high certainty on the basis of the sheer improbablity to have a useful instructional sequence of information to direct the making of the first living cell. And secondly on the fact that biomolecules are complex, and rather than getting more complex, disintegrate rapidly.

200My dictums - Page 8 Empty Re: My dictums on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 am

Otangelo

Admin
Either there is no God, or there is a God.

Either the physical precedes mind or vice-versa.
Either the universe is eternal, kick-started from nothing. or God made it.
Either the laws of physics are described, and not grounded in anything. They just are what they are for no reason, whatsoever, or prescribed to be how they are, by a law-giver.
Either the mathematics on which the whole universe is grounded, are just described, and a brute fact or God created the universe based on mathematical principles.
Either fine-tuning is due to a lucky accident, or a fine-tuner.
Either life emerged from non-living elements, or a living creator created life.
Either the basic building blocks of life became the complex molecules that they are by unguided chemical reactions, or they became so through Gods ordering.
Either the genetic code and language are due to a frozen accident, or God created it.
Either matter made the instructional blueprint stored in the genome to make cells and life by accident, or it came from an intelligent designer.
Either the information transmission systems in life emerged by random luck, or a superpowerful mind created it.
Either the metabolic pathways used in the living which are like circuit boards with the right connections connected themselves by luck, or God who knew how to interconnect them correctly did so in the beginning.
Either at some point in the past, the second law of thermodynamics was broken, and energy gradients formed spontaneously, to kick-start life, or energy production essential for life was created by an all-powerful creator.
Either moral duties are illusory and just made up by us, or emanate from God's nature, and are grounded and enforced by HIM.
Either vision emerged spontaneously, or God who is all-seeing made life forms that could see as he does.
Either matter somehow became able to hear, or God that has ears made the ear.
Either matter started to smell itself, or God that has taste made the senses that can smell.
Either the living became self-aware and conscious by inexplicable means, or God who is self-aware and conscious made life with consciousness.
Either the sense of beauty emerged for no reason, or God who has a sense of beauty gave us the ability to perceive beauty.

Either non-mindless reality precedes the mind, or vice-versa. There is no in-between. It is either one, or the other.
Either it is rational to believe, that no mind made the mind, or vice-versa.

Either non-logic produced logic, or vice-versa.
Either non-intelligence produced intelligence, or vice-versa.
Either no language produced language, or vice-versa.
Either no consciousness produced consciousness, or vice-versa.
Either no imagination produced imagination, or vice-versa.
Either no thinking created thinking, or vice-versa.
Either no feelings created feelings, or vice-versa.
Either no emotions created emotions, or vice-versa.

The latter, upon my understanding, tops the former every time.
That conclusion is based on intuition, reason, plausibility, probability, and logic.

A preceding all-powerful creator that created little creators like us in HIS likelihood is the right logical order. Rather than no creators created little creators like us.

Why most people believe that we are the only creators that make things that are far less sophisticated, and in some cases, just "cheap" copies of the real deal observed in the natural world, is beyond me. Why unbelievers in God are unable or unwilling to make the leap of faith, from creation to the creator, is beyond me. It means denying logic and reason and endorsing irrationality and non-logical thought.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum