Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins

This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, and biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intelligent Design, the best explanation of Origins » Philosophy and God » My dictums

My dictums

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed May 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Admin

Admin
The Christian faith is not understood by looking at history, and the atrocities that have been commited in the name of Christ.

It is understood by looking at Christ, his mission, his love, compassion, his graceful character, his perfection and holiness, his strength of will, his words of wisdom, his power, his fulfillment of scriptures and prophecies, his sacrifice and victory, his resurrection, and how the ones that followed HIM and his commands, shaped the history of the western world to the better.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.com

152My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu May 14, 2020 7:36 am

Admin

Admin
Evolution is a totally incapable mechanism by all means. Two mutations which is maximum bearing a very limited change or gain of function explains almost nothing in regards of what happens in the molecular world. I see almost EVERYTHING living as the result or pre-programmed action of an intelligent designer. That is the making of life, kinds/species, and their capability of change/adaptation.

153My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sun May 17, 2020 6:03 am

Admin

Admin
Prayer, the most powerful force that exists.

The most powerful force that has ever existed here on earth is prayer. It is invisible, but moves God's arm and motivates him to act as probably nothing else on earth. The direct connection and channel to contact God by humankind has never been lost.

And all true children of God, believers, followers, and disciples of Christ use it. God's action in the world is not directly visible and observable in our lives, but what it does, is. God might not, probably in most cases, not act immediately after the prayer is done ( nonetheless, in some cases it happens too), but in some cases, it is something that God does along with a big timespan, like years.

Many young Christians pray to find a partner for life. it can take twenty years or more, for God to answer, but when he does, we can clearly perceive, what occurred, did because of prayers.

Many Christians neglect to pray constantly, and insistently. And forget that there is no better, more powerful tool to change our lives for the better.

God HAS a plan for each of his children, but the putting in practice involves us as well. God does not give his gifts " throwing them at distance". He gives his gifts when we come to his throne.. Enter the innermost of the temple, to his presence. It is required. And then we can feel and perceive his presence. It is required that we come humbly in front of his throne, like any citizen, that visits the king of the nation. And it is always with reverence, humbly as a servant. But that does not mean that we cannot expose our emotions. Praying with exaltation and forceful, asking God to act, as for example to intervene and heal a loved one.

God wants us to talk to him because he loves us. He wants intimacy, he wants to reveal himself, he wants us to demonstrate his goodness. Some accuse that God is an egomaniac and asks us to pray and glorify him out of selfishness. They don't understand, that God is love in nature. All that he does, he does base on just one motivation: Love. And when he demands us to do something, it is always for our good.

And when we receive the good, we recognize where it came from, and praise him. Being a believer is a constant interaction of receiving, and giving. A pulsating, vibrating force of life where HE, the life-giver, is always in the center.

When we recognize that HE is in the center of everything, great good happens. My desire is always to serve HIM more and BETTER because he is God. And that requires prayer to know what HE wants from us. We express our desires and wishes. Sometimes it takes time for him to respond and attend. But HE does it ALWAYS at the right time. HE created time, so his timing is always phenomenally the best moment when he decides to act.

PRAY, and your life is constantly permeated with a blessing that is from above.

Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near to all them that call on him, to all that call on him in truth.

Jeremiah 29:12
Then shall you call on me, and you shall go and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: 8 For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.

Matthew 18:19
Again I say to you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

John 14:13-14
13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Have a blessed Sunday in the Lord, brother, and sister.

154My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu May 28, 2020 6:34 am

Admin

Admin
The Bible, or modern science, whom to trust first?

I have learned that the one that made the world, has also the capacity to communicate to us how he did it. So I give God's word MORE value and credence than to what man says. Until about a hundred years ago, the scientific claim was, that the earth is 100 Mio years old. Now, we are at 4,7bio. It was also claimed that the universe is eternal. Now we know better. While this, God's word has not changed. And the more science has progressed, the more it had to admit that the Bible was right. The universe had a beginning. Noah's ark was with high probability found - the worldwide flood confirmed.

Even today science claims that dinosaurs are hundreds of million years old. Soft tissue confirms thousands of years. Fits perfectly the biblical timeline. Science said the Biblical timeline was false. Nathan Hoffman has shown in his wonderful video, how it is correct. Science has claimed that many figures mentioned in the Old Testament never existed. Today we have found evidence for the Exodus, King David, the reigns mentioned in the Old Testament, the places mentioned in the gospels.

Christ upholds the universe by the word of his power ( Heb 1:3). Spacetime is not fundamental but emergent from entangled quantum information - God's mind. All that exists is sustained by God's word - information. Today we know that all universe is permeated by information. The laws of physics work upon precise rules of mathematics - information. The universe and biochemistry work based on finely-tuned parameters - information. Life is permeated by genetic and epigenetic information.

All energy cycles are irreducibly complex and interdependent - which demonstrates, a stepwise evolutionary development of those is not possible. It is an all or nothing business. Without cyanobacteria, there would be no ammonia production, essential for the basic building blocks of life, DNA, and amino acids. And there would be no oxygenic photosynthesis - essential for all advanced lifeforms.

If the days in Genesis one were ages ( or long periods of time ), there would be no production of the building blocks of cells to make plants and trees on day three, since Cyanobacteria were created on day six. For ages, there would be no production of life-essential amino acids, nor DNA, which depends on Cyanobacteria, and nitrogenase, a marvel of molecular engineering, and the nitrogen energy cycle. It had to kick-start all together, all at once.

Without Viruses, there would be no ecological balance of bacterias - and no life. Without bacteria, there would be no energy cycles. Without energy cycles, there would be no higher life-forms.

Ecology works like a pulsating vivid interdependent complex system together. The atmosphere, the plant world, microorganisms, and animals.

That is a clear SMACK-DOWN to the day-age hypothesis, sorry OEC guys... but science confirms God's word. He created it all in six literal days, of a normal 24h timespan - that's where I think, the evidence points to - show me better if you can.

So, thank you very much. I am intellectually satisfied by not putting science and the Bible equal. I put God's word first because God NEVER lies. And he knows how to care about his word and to preserve its truth through the ages.

True faith does not doubt God's truthfulness and his word. Do you? Then let scientists struggle. Once they align with the biblical narrative, they will have it right.

My dictums - Page 7 Let-go10

155My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:49 am

Admin

Admin
When atheists start a debate with a theist, they have no chance to win, because unguided events by chance have not the power of intelligence.

156My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:17 am

Admin

Admin
The problem of a faithless world is not the lack of evidence, but the willingness to see it.

157My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Admin

Admin
God made a finite fine-tuned Universe, and as a by-product of human intelligence to recognize and glorify HIM, he made infinite human stupidity possible to deny HIM.

158My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:46 am

Admin

Admin
The dramatic breaks of purposelessness to purposefulness

There are dramatic, fundamental, and discontinuing  breaks in reality:

- between the non, and the material world

- between an empty universe, and one, hosting stars, galaxies, planetary systems, permitting life

- between the living and non-living world

- between unicellular life, and humans of extraordinary complexity

- between physical things without primary goal-oriented shape, structure, and consistency for specific functions, like subatomic particles, atoms, gas, rocks, etc., and biology and ecology, wherefrom molecules to the atmosphere, everything has a goal-oriented function with an end purpose, namely to perpetuate life.
These are hierarchically structured things, starting with the basic building blocks of life, molecules, organelles, information storage devices like chromosomes, molecular machines like ATP turbines, propelling devices for locomotion like the flagellum, tissues, organs, organ systems, bodies, kingdoms to species, societies, populations, communities, and ecological systems, biome, and biosphere. All conspire to give rise to a planet filled with all amazing perpetuating life forms, giving glory to the creator.

- The development of an organism has the purpose to get an adult, and goes from a fertilized egg, through embryonic and juvenile stages, to adulthood, and requires the goal-oriented coordinated expression of sets of genes at the proper times and in the proper places.

How can someone claim that random chemical elements had the urge to organize from chaos to order, from lifelessness to self-replicating life, from embryo to adult,  in other words, that entropy suddenly changed its direction from disorder to order, from chaos to complexity, to purposeful design, and that all this that we see is only appearing to be due to design, but in reality, not?

Chaos and randomness is the hero on the block - when ignorance is not invoked ( We don't know how everything came to be, but science will find out ). The effort of twisting explanations to fit the evidence in the mind of materialists is truly remarkable - but in my view, just the expression of the pathology of misotheistm - the urge to hate God, because he does not condone nor conform with our twisted selfish egocentric ways of living. We want to be the masters of the universe, and do not want to have a master above us.

And while self-deluding ourselves, we see the consequences, around us. God is the only remedy to heal a fallen world. He has the power to fix what is broken because he is all-powerful beyond our imagination - when we only permit him.

159My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:43 am

Admin

Admin
Rather than giving too much credence to man and science, and the constant need to fiddle and fix things related to origins to make moreless sense, I trust God's word, his truthfulness, and what he said in Genesis about how he made the universe and the world. Jesus talked about Adam and Eve. About Noah. He took the Old Testament at face value. I don't think, I know more than my Lord who made it all.

I leave it to science to struggle to adapt their narrative until it fits and equals what I read in Genesis. Until that is not the case, they have work to do.....  

And no. To me, Yom means days, not ages. Normal, about 24 hour days. And to me, when in Genesis the age of the earth and the universe is said to be six thousand years or a bit more, then that's it, and I take it at face value. I don't think God wanted us to take Genesis in an allegorical sense altogether but as real history. Noah's ark on Mount Ararat taps the mouth of all laughers and nay-sayers. God reigns sovereign above all history.

And his word over all man made-up storytelling and science. God needs only a few words to tell the truth. Man finds never enough words to make up stories - which never fit into a concise, clear narrative that makes sense and satisfies the mind. Yes. I am an intellectually in peace. A creationist who beliefs the earth to be young. And I feel no shame to stand to it and to proclaim it to anyone that wants to hear it. And if I am challenged by hard questions, I also do not feel ashamed to admit that there are open issues. So what? One day, those will also find clarification.

160My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:37 am

Admin

Admin
When you are at the entrance of two tunnels: One is theism and the other atheism.

The one will lead you at the end to darkness, ignorance, cognitive dissonance, made-up explanations, but at the end of the road,  nihilism, hopelessness, and for who is a consequent thinker, despair.  

The other, to the enlightening path of knowledge,  intellectual satisfaction, a consistent worldview, meaning, peace, and hope through the understanding that God is good.

Nahum 1:7
"The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble, And He knows those who take refuge in Him."

Psalm 31:19–20
"How great is Your goodness, Which You have stored up for those who fear You, Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You, Before the sons of men! You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man; You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues."

Psalm 34:8
"O taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"

Psalm 86:5
"For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in loving kindness to all who call upon You."

Psalm 100:5
"For the LORD is good; His loving kindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations."

Psalm 107:1
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

161My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:26 am

Admin

Admin
Vi La Bianca is a co-host at Talk Heathens. Someone wrote at her timeline:

My whole life I’ve heard testimonies from Christians about how much better their life had been since finding god. When I found my way out of religion one of the most surprising things was how much better living feels once you’re no longer worried about being condemned for the trivial things the Bible compounds as sin.

To me, this sounds really self-delusional. First of all, someone must make a pretty good job to become convinced that eternal damnation is not a threat. In special, when we have no way to extend our knowledge beyond death. What is beyond it? We cannot know with absolute certainty, that there will be only worms. But despite this, dismissing the threats in the Bible as factually untrue requires in my view significant cognitive dissonance.

Fact is: Nobody knows with absolute certainty what is beyond. What, if the Bible is true? Then, unbelievers will in fact the judged, and spend eternity in hell. Not a thought to sleep well.

Truth is, once we have received forgiveness, and the Holy Spirit, the only ones that can sleep without worries, are Christians. Not only have we good reasons to sleep without worries, but we have good reasons to look beyond death with hope. Hope of eternal life. I hope to be with our heavenly loving father. Hope to see our beloved ones again. Hope to receive life in its fullest, perfection, and happiness, in the presence of a good, loving God, which has prepared a place for each one of us, individually.
God is just awesome. And the more we know and walk with him, the more we become aware of how astounding God is.

Yes. He is above all our imaginations. We can see his power in a seed of a flower, incorporating the most awesome high tech solutions. We can see his wisdom in his plan of salvation.

When we contemplate HIM, our lives become rich, meaningful, and a fire burns inside of us, with the desire to make Him known to those who have not experienced yet his goodness.

https://www.str.org/w/blessed-are-those-who-have-not-seen-and-yet-believe

162My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Admin

Admin
There is no empirical evidence linking Mutations and Natural Selection to the rise of biodiversity. But there is a very strong empirical link between Mutations and Natural selection,and fertile human wishful thinking, and imagination.

163My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:40 am

Admin

Admin
The theist x atheist, or naturalism x supernaturalism debate, is essentially a debate of comparison of two competing causes and mechanisms: Random unguided by no agent, versus directed, guided events through intelligent agents, giving rise to the emergence of natural laws based on mathematical rules, a finely tuned universe, stable environments on planetary systems, purposeful information-rich ordered complex finely adjusted machines and self-replicating living cells and organisms, which perpetuate and adapt to various environmental conditions.

Intelligence is capable of setting distant goals, matter alone is not. One agency can conceptualize and actualize complex ways to gain energy and use it to perform work. The other can not. Chaos gives rise to more disorder. Entropy at play. Intelligence can give rise to ordered complex machines that gain and store energy. Matter alone only goes the way down to more disorder. Intelligent agents can conceptualize and build software-dependent computers. The other, matter alone, can not.

There should never be doubt or quest of which of both is more capable. Intelligence is in a league of its own. But once bias comes into play, things change, and the brain and human intelligence, which is set to work based on reason, works based on wishful thinking. And when this is the case, embarrassing Dunnings & Krugers, ultracpredidarians, and Chess crapping fools that sing victory after each theist x atheist debate become the norm.

164My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Admin

Admin
Scientific observation has led us to the grand revelation: All universe is held together and permeated by data, cosmological parameters, mathematics, information. Without fine-tuning, which depends on informing the right set of physical values, our universe would be stone dead. Our universe is extremely atypical. Our planet is special because it is habitable. Out of 10^123 different plantets, only ours permits life.

It takes information to

- set the physical laws which are based on mathematics
- Fine-tune the Laws of physics
- Fine-tune the Big Bang
- Fine-tune the cosmological constant
- Fine-tune the initial conditions of the universe
- Fine-tune the fundamental forces of the universe
- Fine-tune the subatomic particles
- Fine-tune the Milky Way Galaxy
- Fine-tune the Solar System
- Fine-tune the of the sun
- Fine-tune the earth
- Fine-tune the moon
- Fine-tune the electromagnetic spectrum
- Fine-tune biochemistry
- create the various genetic and epigenetic codes
- create the set of basic building blocks of life
- create the life-essential metabolic pathways
- create organismal information networks between cells
- create life
- create the ecological environment
- create the life-essential energy cycles
- create the biosphere
- create the genetic and epigenetic instructions to make multicellular lifeforms.

All physical being from the Big Bang to the human body is permeated and dependent on information. Not any kind of information, but instructional, complex, codified information, based on languages, words, sentences, codes.

In the book of Genesis for the beginning was when God created all things by his word. The Bible describes the origin of the physical universe in one remarkable sentence:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. These few words comprise a remarkable information content. "In the beginning," that's time..."God," that's force, "created," that's action, "the heavens," that's space, "and the earth," that's matter. Everything that could be said about everything that exists is said in that first verse.

But, on top of that: The First Word in the Bible says Jesus Will Die on the Cross!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBUspVbVjA&feature=emb_title

So in the first versicle of the Bible, we have a complete revelation of the origin of the physical universe, and in its hidden subtext, Gods plan of salvation.

In John 1 we read: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him, nothing was made that has been made.

Jesus said I am the Alpha and the Omega this is another way of saying I am the beginning and the end the first and the last but he is really saying so much more Jesus was declaring I am God I am that part of God called the word the reference to the first hint the last comes from the book of the prophet Isaiah  44:6 says thus saith I am the first and I am the last and beside me, there is no God so being the first and the last is clearly claiming to be God

165My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:56 am

Admin

Admin
Many believers in Christ remember the day, when they confessed Christ, and received him as Lord and savior, the forgiveness of their sins, and became born again in the spirit. I remember the day and event when I surrendered to HIS love. It was the 29th of December 1984, after Andreas Müller explained to me that we are not saved by works, but by grace and faith in what the Lord did for us. God did put Andreas in my way to teach me in my first years of a walk with the lord, and I am eternally grateful for that.

In the same sense, there are atheists, which thought they were walking in the faith, which tasted the goodness of the Lord and his gifts, but for some reason, never made it through to becoming born again children of God. I believe as the Lord said:

John 10: 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

In my first years, I struggled with the doctrine of Once saved, forever saved. Since I was raised as catholic, I thought as someone that visited catechism, that being a catholic, and doing good deeds, was necessary for salvation. The catholic church uses their false doctrines to bind the faithful emotionally to their church. After the deeper study, I came to the conclusion, that true born again children of God are not lost, because the Father is powerful enough to save us and keep the fire of our faith alive.

If someone, however, after knowing Christ, distances himself from HIM, and his grace, that person demonstrates of not being truly born again ever. This is hard to fathom and one of the mysteries where I have no full understanding, but I take it by faith. I know of people, who had all signs of true born again. Who had the gifts of the lord? Who did missionary works? Who brought the good fruits of the spirit. But at one certain point in their life, they went through a process that distanced them from the lord to the point of totally abandon the Lord and walking on their own.

How is that possible? I don't know. But based on the number of Ex-Christian groups on Facebook, we can deduce that there are many in this situation. Most hosts of the atheist community of Austin are so-called Ex-Christians. And those are the most ferocious ones denying Christ.

But why is it so? Why do people abandon faith? I think we all, even as born again, struggle with our weaknesses. Each one of us has a point and knows its own shortcomings.  Pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony, and sloth, the seven so-called capital or deadly sins, are just an example. In a recent post of mine, I quoted someone that posted at Vi La Bianca's timeline:

My whole life I’ve heard testimonies from Christians about how much better their life had been since finding god. When I found my way out of religion one of the most surprising things was how much better living feels once you’re no longer worried about being condemned for the trivial things the Bible compounds as sin.

I think that sums up, why many leave the faith. Many are unable to deal with their shortcomings and think that their lack of ability to improve in holiness and disappointment with themselves is a burden. They condemn themselves and think that so does God. While God has never distanced himself from us, we distance ourselves from HIM. We feel shame for our sins and feel unworthy to come to the throne of grace.  And that is truly disgraceful. Our sins distance us from the lord. As the Lord said: Who loves the world, cannot love me. So we are unable to deal with this eternal struggle of the flesh with the spirit, and are willing to give up.

But when we do that, we are starting with a new struggle. The struggle to deny God. How can we deal with cognitive dissonance? By fighting God, and denying his existence, in the seek of peace in spirit. Who enters that road, will not find what he seeks. We find only peace at the graceful throne of God, where we can seek forgiveness. And when we do so, we can stand up, and keep walking. In the knowledge, that God is graceful, forgiving, loving, and NEVER gives up on us. And when we do so, we can stand up, and keep walking. In the knowledge, that God is graceful, forgiving, loving, and NEVER gives up on us. He will reach HIS goals in us when we just trust HIM.

We are ought to do his will and be holy, but when we fail, when we fall, he is never short of forgiveness.

Psalm 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

Ephesians 1:7 "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace."

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Daniel 9:9 "The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him."

166My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:12 am

Admin

Admin
When we die, the only thing that truly matters, is, if we die in Christ, or in our sins. This is truly what divides the world.

Our conversion represents the most dramatic and fundamental of all the discontinuities of our lives.

When an unbeliever dies, that rejected Christ and his offer of salvation, he will also realize in the most dramatic and fundamental way that he departed from the earth unequipped and without the most important, the ultimate requirement: Departing in Christ, in new clothes, born again, and equipped with the holy spirit to meet our great creator and savior Jesus Christ.

Repentance will kick in immediately, and at the same time, unimaginable despair while becoming aware of lostness and loneliness. The unbeliever thought that with death, he was going to cease to exist. But rather than that, he will suddenly realize in the most dramatic way, that he is spiritually still existing, but will have to fearfully wait to be judged and receive his final sentence from the one that could have been his savior, which he rejected.

Romans 1.22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Proverbs 1:7 : The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Matthew 7:26 : And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

167My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:16 am

Admin

Admin
Since we are here, it is logically literally IMPOSSIBLE for God not to exist.

That cause is either personal or impersonal.
Only a mind can cause an effect without pre-existing physical conditions. If it were impersonal, it would have to be of physical substance, space, time, and matter, or abstract numbers and math. The present moment cannot be reached by adding individual events together from eternity. The second law of thermodynamics refutes the hypothesis of an eternal universe. Furthermore, if we posit a material event - event causation then another contingent physical cause would have had to trigger the Big Bang or further back, a cosmos, multiverses, etc, leading to an infinite regress. There could be no physical being beyond our universe or a greater Cosmos. The static material State - State causation faces the same problem. This causation is like a frozen pond where there would be a tree trunk resting on the top of that pond, and the frozen pond is causing the rest of the tree trunk, but that could not trigger a change from one state into another but would remain static, from eternity. And a state - state situation/causation would also have to be physical.
What explains the beginning of the universe is a state-event causation, which has to go from a state of timeless mental being to will an event of a transition, from a non-physical to a physical state of being, therefore the only explanation of what triggered the universe or cosmos is intelligent causation based on non-physical, mental will and power. Since that cause created matter, space, and time, It had to be immaterial and exist in a timeless dimension. The only immaterial things we know of being able to cause something into being are conscient minds who are able to make decisions. Therefore, the cause must be personal. So there must have been a decision to cause the beginning of the universe's beginning. We know by experience that the mind can cause action solely based on will. Therefore an eternal & necessary first cause is the best explanation of our existence.

10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUr8yXeX4Lw

A syllogism is a kind of logical argument that applies deductive reasoning to arrive at a conclusion based on two or more propositions that are asserted or assumed to be true. None of the ten arguments presented here, are based on lack of knowledge or gaps, but scientific evidence, which leads logically to a creator as the best explanation of origins.

1. Being cannot come from non-being 0:11
2. Who created the creator 0:37
3. The laws of physics point to a creator 1:33
4. Fine-tuning of the universe points to a fine-tuner 2:11
5. Abiogenesis research has failed 3:06
6. The factory maker argument 4:14
7. Cells are irreducibly complex 5:44
8. Where do complex organisms come from? 7:05
9. Gene regulatory networks (dGRN's) point to design 8:12
10. The tasks performed by the dGRN point to intelligent setup 9:24

168My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Admin

Admin
There was no selection process to sort out the functional amino acids to make proteins on the prebiotic earth.

Checkmate atheists ✌😊

169My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Atheists demand constantly for evidence of Gods existence, but never apply the same burden of proof to materialism.

170My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Admin

Admin
Life depends on the structural complex arrangement using

- matter
- energy
- information

- Matter has to be arranged into basic building blocks of life, selected and joined amongst myriads of different atoms, and chemical molecules. 

- Living systems need to recruit Gibbs free energy from its environment so as to reduce their own entropy. Simple chemicals can't self-organize into instructions for building hydroelectric dams (ATP synthase) producing energy-rich molecules, like ATP, essential for the supply of energy in all life-forms. 

- Without information, the inflow of energy would not lead to self-organization. Information in this sense is more than information in the Shannon and Weaver sense; it is functional and can be thought of as information in both an “ instructional ” and “ control ” sense; it requires: 

- the creation of codes, words, and languages to assign arbitrary values
- the creation of instructional complex information upon these codes
- the creation of information storage mediums, encoding, transmission, and decoding  

Cells use sophisticated information selection ( the Gene regulatory network ) encoding and transcription ( DNA & RNA polymerase machines ) transmission (mRNA), and decoding ( Ribosome ) systems

All this is required to make complex structures — for example, enzymatic proteins — and metabolic pathways that productively channel the flow of energy both within an organism and between the latter and its environment.
If any of those ingredients is missing, there can be no life. 

The making of repetitive building blocks for distant purposes by controlled instructional complex processes, and the arrangement of those thereof, using the purposeful flow of energy and higher layers of multidimensional information, to make complex machines, production lines, and self-replicating factories, is best explained by intelligent setup.

My dictums - Page 7 Matter10

171My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Admin

Admin
Atheists believe, they are intelligent, based on their brains, which where not intelligently designed 😄

172My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:43 am

Admin

Admin
True atheists TM don't come to Facebook to argue with believers about their lack of belief. They simply consider God as irrelevant as Santa, and Pink unicorns. They live their life without caring about God's existence since it is a no issue for them.

Atheists that DO come to the internet to express their disbelief, are miso-theists, that WISH God not to exist, and have constantly to find new reasons and assurance that what they believe, ( the non-existence of God) is justified, rational, and solid.

That permits them, to suppress their conscience. When theists get hard at them and provide undeniable evidence, they are not willing to acknowledge anything, but become angry, aggressive, lower the level to personal attacks, ask for credentials, accuse of gish-gallop, and look for all kind of excuses to justify their rejection.

Those are also the FIRST to accuse the counterpart of not being open, of being biased, of being gullible, of using God of the gaps arguments.

That's why is so rare to find and meet one, that is open-minded. The truly open-minded ones go after what they are looking for and read what informs them in order to come to meaningful conclusions.

I am not frustrated by that. Never was. I know that a seed, spread today, can bring fruits at another time. Those that reject our message will have no excuse when God will judge them. The lord will demonstrate to them all the possibilities they had to listen and did reject the truth. God will be justified to condemn them because of their prior rejection of the Lord.

Nobody goes to hell by mistake. God's error checking is 100% perfect. No one that demonstrated genuine faith and discipleship will be lost. All will be found in the book of life. But all those that blaspheme, ridicule, insult, reject, suppress the truth, will go to find their destiny where the Bible said it would be.

Many atheists today think God is something that can be ridiculed. They will soon know better. I hope, they find the curve before its too late.

173My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:44 pm

Admin

Admin
I have yet to find a confessing atheist, which would passionately love to become a believer, but the supposed lack of evidence hinders him rationally to become one. Someone, that truly griefs, that based on the supposed lack of evidence of God's existence, injustice rules the world.

Which acknowledges, that the rapist, the murderer, the thief, the torturer that never was caught, will not receive his just punishment. Which would truly desire a just God to exist, which brings judgment and justice to a fallen sinful humanity.

But i have met atheists on every corner, which judge to be morally superior to the God of the Bible, criticize the Bible for supposedly promoting slavery, but never do anything to promote it to end at this current day, where there are more enslaved people than ever in the world.

Atheists, who promote or see no moral problem with abortion, who consider premarital sex morally acceptable, who think its not a big deal to get divorced, who think same-sex marriage is ok, who think that anyone is free to choose to be male or female and to change gender.

I have yet to find an atheist, which considers, that getting rid of God, means lowering the threshold where one is willing to commit a crime for self-benefit and considers that negatively, leading to a more violent and unjust society. Which understands that atheism leads to universal anarchy and chaos or totalitarian despotism.

And that is truly and seriously disappointed with a materialistic worldview but is in despair because there is no evidence of God.

I have never, even once, met an atheist, hating a materialistic worldview, but grieving for not finding reasons to believe in a creator, who could settle all these things.

Why? Because, atheists, despite of all the negative consequences that such a worldview would bring, desire it to be true. That no God exists. Because he is interfering in their life and their decisions. They want to make up their own meaning of life. They want to be happy without God. And think, the God of the Bible is only there to judge, to command, to restrain freedom and happiness.

Many make up a God in their mind, that does not exist. A strawman God. And by practicing their unbelief, they shut down a God that does not exist, outside of their imagination. That's delusion at its best...

174My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:16 am

Admin

Admin
Egoism: Aim for others making us happy
Altruism: Aim to make others happy.

I think it is in our nature to be egoistic. Children that grow up without brothers and sisters are commonly more egoistically inclined since they do not learn in their childhood to share with their brothers and sisters ( my case )

When we help others, we always feel that we did something good. It makes us happy too. Unfortunately, in our society, in special of the first world, also in churches, egoism is promoted. In special through the prosperity gospel. And then, we extend our egoism to God. Rather than aim to live a holy sinless life, and please the Lord, we want a comfortable life, where we don't have to struggle and battle our flesh and carnal inclinations, and when we sin, we can ask God for forgiveness, and his grace and prayer solves it. I can't say that I am not guilty of it. We want God to become our servant. Who attends our needs and prayers. That's it.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote about it as he calls it: Cheap grace.
Truth said, sometimes it can take decades for giving up our beloved little hidden sins, which we grant to ourselves. The expression doesn't have to be in big things. But often, we grant to open the door just a little, and soon after, we open it all.

It is not an easy task to live holy. To battle our carnal inclinations.
Some believe, that giving up on God altogether is the easiest way. So we don't have to care about what an all-knowing God thinks and registers. This is pure self-delusion.

When we sin, it takes as well on our self-esteem. And when we deny the easy way, battle, and overcome temptation, it fills us with gratitude and a feeling of done the right thing. This has to do with maturity. It's like a baby that poos all the time. But when becoming older, we learn how to deal with poo. That's why it is so great to know that God is a loving father that is patient.

So we need to learn to be patient with others that sin against us.
The walk with Jesus is exciting. Every day, we can learn new things that satisfy our intellect. So does God sculpt our us, and prepare us to the biggest jump which will be the transition from this earth to heaven. Where God's bride will receive a new body and new capabilities.

People that have seen heaven, report that their senses were expanded dramatically. Everything became more real. I think those that think that heaven is boring, that picture heaven as eternally playing harps with angels have no clue.

While atheism leads to nihilism and despair, those that trust the Lord, have hope and positive expectations which gives them peace. It's worth to live FOR and WITH God. It's worth learning to live according to HIS principles and teachings. He is good.

175My dictums - Page 7 Empty Re: My dictums on Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:15 am

Admin

Admin
Believers and born agains in Christ that follow Christ, and keep his commands, live in peace with God, peace with their neighbours, peace in their heart, and no fear.

Atheists, unbelievers, and rebels, on the other hand, live in constant fear like the thief from the police. In doubt if God really does not exist, in fear of death, in fear of being judged, in fear that God is watching, in fear of hell, and constant cognitive dissonance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum