ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

The teleological argument for God's existence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Otangelo

Admin

http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialSciences/ppecorino/INTRO_TEXT/Chapter%203%[/size]20Religion/Teleological.htm

The Teleological Argument or proof for the existence of a deity is sometimes called the Design argument. Even if you have never heard of either argument, you are probably familiar with the central idea of the argument, i.e. there exists so much intricate detail, design , and purpose in the world that we must suppose a creator. All of the sophistication and incredible detail we observe in nature could not have occurred by chance.

When looking at the universe people might see more order or disorder as is their predilection and they might see it in varying proportions.  When examining the universe and seeing complexity and order there are a variety of explanations for how it may have come about.  Some people want an explanation backed by evidence and without violations of reasoning and some do not want such explanations.  Some want the easiest explanations with the least amount of thought.  Some merely accept the explanations that they have received when growing up.

1.     Human artifacts are products of intelligent design; they have a purpose.

2.     The universe resembles these human artifacts.

3.     Therefore:  It is probable that the universe is a product of intelligent design, and has a purpose.

4.     However, the universe is vastly more complex and gigantic than a human artifact is.

5.     Therefore:  There is probably a powerful and vastly intelligent designer who created the universe.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum