ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imagine.... John Lennon - a new version

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Imagine.... John Lennon - a new version Empty Imagine.... John Lennon - a new version Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Otangelo

Admin

Imagine - John Lennon - a new version

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com/t2636-imagine-john-lennon

Reuters: 'Imagine' marks 50 years with lyric projected on landmarks 09/09/2021
A lyric from John Lennon and Yoko Ono's "Imagine" has been projected on buildings around the world to mark 50 years since the late Beatle released the famed track and album.
From the Houses of Parliament and St Paul's Cathedral in London to Times Square in New York, “Imagine all the people living life in peace" has been beamed onto the sites to celebrate Thursday's anniversary. Lennon released the album "Imagine" on Sept. 9, 1971 and its title track has long been considered one of the greatest songs of all time, according to music publications.
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/imagine-marks-50-years-with-lyric-projected-landmarks-2021-09-08/

I rewrote the lyrics:

Imagine.......
Imagine the glory of the heavens the Lord has prepared for us
It's not so easy, but try
Hell below us, but the Lord saved us
Above us the sky and paradise
Imagine all the people living for the Lord and for eternity
Imagine the countries and tribes unreached by the gospel
It isn't hard to do
The gospel is worth to die for
And for Christ, the Lord, too
Imagine all the people living life for HIM, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the body of Christ will be as one
Imagine possessing the right of entrance to heaven
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine to share Gods glory, you
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll be saved and join us
And see the Lord, together with us

David J. Stewart: Imagine
“It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.” —Ecclesiastes 7:5

Beatles' member, John LennonImagine first appeared on the Billboard chart on September 18, 1971, reaching #1 and spending a total of 30 weeks. “Imagine” was John Lennon's second major release apart from the Beatles. Released on September 9, 1971 (US) and October 8, 1971 (UK), it has remained John's most commercially successful album. It was recorded primarily in John's home studio which turned out to be the last time he would ever record in England.

The first tract on the album, Imagine, would become Lennon's legacy to a world living in rebellion against God. In the song, Lennon paints an “unrealistic” picture of life in the minds of his listeners. He sees a world without Heaven or Hell, without religion. He sees a world without countries, borders and without war.

Though such a “dream” may seem admirable to many people, Lennon's dream CLEARLY requires an abandonment of God and His Word. Sin is ignored. The Bible has divided more people than any other book ever written. Why is this? It's simply because there is a Heaven and Hell John. Sin is a reality of life. There is a malicious Devil who works relentlessly to DECEIVE us (2nd Corinthians 4:4; 11:3). There is a Loving God in Heaven Who has provided us with a plan of redemption through faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 10:43). Humanity is sinful (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:10,19-23).

No matter how much we try to fulfill Lennon's dream, it WILL fail because humans are wicked, dirty, rotten, conniving, lying, stealing, murderous, hell-bound, sinners! This is exactly what is wrong with modern psychology. Whether you believe the Bible or not, you CANNOT deny historical facts. If history has taught us only one thing, it has taught us that men DON'T learn from their mistakes. History always repeats itself. The Bible describes the woeful condition of mankind like no other Book. Who are we to argue with God?

Here's the lyrics to Lennon's hit song Imagine (1971):

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Did you read that? Lennon sang, “Imagine there's no heaven... it's EASY if you try.” It's easy if you try? Well, not exactly John. You see Psalm 19:1 proclaims that “The heavens declare the glory of God...” It would be very difficult to deny something that is so obvious. In fact, let's look at Romans 1:20 (I'm about to discourage anyone who shares Lennon's dream of a utopian world without God)...

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" —Romans 1:20
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/imagine.htm

Imagine.... John Lennon - a new version 21544110

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum