ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ElShamah - Reason & Science: Defending ID and the Christian Worldview

Otangelo Grasso: This is my personal virtual library, where i collect information, which leads in my view to the Christian faith, creationism, and Intelligent Design as the best explanation of the origin of the physical Universe, life, biodiversity

You are not connected. Please login or register

Science or the bible first ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Science or the bible first ? Empty Science or the bible first ? Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 10:21

Otangelo

Admin

Shane Holmes: You asked if we should believe in science but I don't think science says things. Scientists say things by means of employing scienctific methods. There are many difference branches of science. I believe that the scientific field of archaeology corroborates locations and artifacts. Astronomists have determined that the universe had a beginning, which corroborates Genesis 1. Biologogy confirms that animals produce after their own kinds. Anthropology confirms by way of genetics that there is one human race. Geology confirms that many rock layers were deposited catastrophically, burying fossils within only minutes or hours, which backs up the flood.

All of these are fields of science that confirm the Genesis account. Though the Bible isn't a scientific textbook, it claims to be 100% true and accurate in its account. there is context and culture, so one must employ proper hermeneutics to understand the writers intentions and audience, but the Genesis narrative is written as a historical account and should be read as such, imo. One key point it communicates is that the universe is not a completely closed system, as God is able to supernaturally intervene to prolong days, create sudden natural disasters, manipulate forces, etc. I don't believe a person can approach the Bible from a naturalistic worldview assuming that God doesn't exist or that he only employs natural methods in creation, or that a prime mover wasn't necessary to set all things in motion. If what you mean by believe in science is the lack of belief in the supernatural, I don't think it's possible to make Genisis conform or make any sense.

https://reasonandscience.catsboard.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum